Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #3031
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: swag
Posts: 16,663
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
I just added you in my comment for shits.....I'm laughing more at the dude I quoted...comes off funny when someone says "I've only followed the league for a couple years and here is my worthless opinion on how Man U definitely cheats." Not gets the benefit of calls, but actually cheats.

Now I'd hold the smarter people here to higher standards than to just throw out accusations like that without proof....but for a person who clearly doesn't watch much EPL to say it is pretty laughable.

It's like me saying "I only started watching the NBA last year, but clearly Stern fixed the finals so Lebron would win a title." Worthless opinion.

By the way, if that (rightfully) disallowed goal against United happened against Chelsea, you'd be flipping out on here right now....admit it. lol
The Manchester United CEO is vice chairman of the FA.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #3032
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 4,100
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
The Manchester United CEO is vice chairman of the FA.

Meaning what exactly? List actual facts concerning what your point means...

There's a difference between something being as stupid as a team's CEO holding that title, and someone actually supporting their claims of cheating with facts.

Without facts, but rather gut feelings, someone could call Israel a terrorist state. lol

Last edited by Dolphin : 12-26-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #3033
francesco totti
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,557
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

When its done time and time again, being very one sided and that side keeps winning the title more then anyone else.
At the very least, we should doubt.

PS I like many others said juve were cheating way before they were caught.
And I believe united belong in the same category.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #3034
b1imtf
raep tiem
 
b1imtf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: k?
Posts: 10,493
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #3035
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 4,100
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
When its done time and time again, being very one sided and that side keeps winning the title more then anyone else.
At the very least, we should doubt.

PS I like many others said juve were cheating way before they were caught.
And I believe united belong in the same category.

I do believe the best teams get more calls in their favor. It comes with the territory.

However, I think it gets skewed a bit because people only run to forums and such to complain when bad calls or non calls go in favor of those teams. If you actually tallied up how many times throughout a season every team got bad call or non call going their way, it would seem less unbalanced. So people only read about the times Man U gets lucky and it creates this image of extreme unfairness.

How many times per year do you see people up in arms about United getting a shit call going against them? I bet it's a lot less than the actual amount of times it happens. How many times do we hear about United getting bad calls going their way? I'd bet even more times than legit bad calls actually went their way. Reality for people becomes skewed because of this. And it's not to say they don't get calls as most top of the mountain type clubs get...I already stated that in the beginning of this post.

Just food for thought.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #3036
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY
 
Mr Clutch Melo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 4,277
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Love how peolple magiclly forget how many times United have been robbed this season and deny facts. The diffrence is that United win their games so the refs mistakes dont matter but hey , haters gonna hate.

How about the offside goal Newcastle scored?

Love how some people on this board support teams like the Lakers and Heat, and have the nerve to complain about refs
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #3037
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY
 
Mr Clutch Melo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 4,277
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
The Manchester United CEO is vice chairman of the FA.

And it used to be the Arsenal CEO before, did not hear you talkin then..
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #3038
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 17,653
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Well its looking like 2009 and 2011 all over again.. by may United and Barca should already be crowned champions in their national leagues, and should battle in the final at Wembley.
3 in a row, and Fergie retires.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #3039
Dresta
BANNED!!!!
 
Dresta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,110
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
How about the offside goal Newcastle scored?
That wasn't offside, it was an own goal.

Get your damn facts straight.
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #3040
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 4,100
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresta
That wasn't offside, it was an own goal.

Get your damn facts straight.

Do you agree or disagree with my previous post?
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:33 AM   #3041
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY
 
Mr Clutch Melo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 4,277
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresta
That wasn't offside, it was an own goal.

Get your damn facts straight.
He interupted the play from an offside posisjon you retard . Learn the rules.
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #3042
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: swag
Posts: 16,663
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
Do you agree or disagree with my previous post?
no one agrees with your post.

6 minutes of extra time given when the sign said 3, 3 penalties given when the team is down 3-0, United in danger of tying to or losing to a league rival, ref sends off two players in 7 minutes of the opposing team, and then when United still can't tie it he lets blatantly offsides goals stand.

Players flop blatantly and get penalties and then turn around and hack people down for what should be their second yellow and instead get no punishment. It happens every year time after time.

No ass clown, it is not just messageboard posters talking about united cheating their way to the top. Everyone in England talks about it every time one of these shitty games occur. That's why nobody in England actually supports Manchester United.

Manchester United is the EPL's number one export all over the world, earning them a ton of money, so the FA has to ensure that they do well every single year.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:31 AM   #3043
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler
 
dunksby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,736
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Untied dominating EPL, I don't think any other coach will be able to replicate what Ferguson has done during his reign. United are always in contention, even when they lose a few key players, Alex somehow finds a way to contend. Respect
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:09 AM   #3044
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY
 
Mr Clutch Melo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 4,277
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
no one agrees with your post.

6 minutes of extra time given when the sign said 3, 3 penalties given when the team is down 3-0, United in danger of tying to or losing to a league rival, ref sends off two players in 7 minutes of the opposing team, and then when United still can't tie it he lets blatantly offsides goals stand.

Players flop blatantly and get penalties and then turn around and hack people down for what should be their second yellow and instead get no punishment. It happens every year time after time.

No ass clown, it is not just messageboard posters talking about united cheating their way to the top. Everyone in England talks about it every time one of these shitty games occur. That's why nobody in England actually supports Manchester United.

Manchester United is the EPL's number one export all over the world, earning them a ton of money, so the FA has to ensure that they do well every single year.

How come United were the team that got robbed of most points due to refree mistakes ? How about the fact that United got least extra-time of the top clubs ?

Back your shit with facts you aleomessi-esque retard. Did not see you complain when Drogba was flopping and cheating all the time

Dont hate, cuz we da bess..how can you btw support the LAKERS and complain about corruption and refs?
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #3045
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: swag
Posts: 16,663
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
How come United were the team that got robbed of most points due to refree mistakes ? How about the fact that United got least extra-time of the top clubs ?

Back your shit with facts you aleomessi-esque retard. Did not see you complain when Drogba was flopping and cheating all the time

Dont hate, cuz we da bess..how can you btw support the LAKERS and complain about corruption and refs?
cus lakers are my hometown team I grew up watching my whole life.

You are a gloryhunting shit from Norway, of course you can't see what's right infront of you.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:45 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy