Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #3211
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
Why is Falcao a must? World-class goalscorer , but not a world-class as a player . I easily would pick RVP,Cavani , Ibra and maybe Suarez/Aguero over him.

Well, must is a bit strongly worded considering that company I must concede.

But Falcao has the resume over any of them if you ask me. He won the Europa League, which admittedly might not be the most prestigious prize, but for a team like Atletico I think it's a fantastic achievement. And he has Atletico humming in second place in La Liga at the moment. He might not deserve all the credit for that, but he's certainly the catalyst. Among all those guys Falcao was either much more important to his team or his team was more successful. You can pick out the flaws in any of the other guys, but not Falcao. That makes it the right decision for me.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #3212
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
I agree that the list is bad, but this post is even worse.

First Masche is not bad at CB, he is quite good... and Pique and Masche dont really fit together thats why sometimes he was benched, he also had some injurie... IMO Kompany and Ramos should have been the CBs... as for full backs... Alba should have definitely made it over Marcelo, and maybe Lahm over Alves. Pirlo MIGHT have been better than Xavi, but there is no reason to throw Xavin out of the squad when that can be done to Alonso. So its - Xavi-Pirlo-Iniesta in the middle.
The GK and the forward trio is absolutely fine.

Silva and Van Persie had great seasons, but there is no room for them.

So my post is not that bad.

Alonzo was Madrid's best player and played better in the Euro as well. Alonzo was better than Xavi all year. Lahm is not that deserving. Maggio is deserving. Even Richards would have been deserving. Neither had a shot. Marcelo was better than Alba. Easily. Ashley Cole is the only one who has a shout but I have no problems with Marcelo.

This should all be based on the 11/12 season. The new season should have no bearing and the awards people are too dumb to make it clear-cut. That's how I would vote and that's the way the voting should work.

Pique doesn't play well when Puyol doesn't play. It's just been that way for a while.

Last edited by Whoah10115 : 01-07-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #3213
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

who voted for who

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/ballond'or/playeroftheyear(men)/01/98/07/84/fboawardmenplayer2012-bycountry.pdf
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #3214
EMERE
High school junior varsity star

EMERE has an OK reputation so far

I'm glad FIFA didn't take into consideration the achievements when it came to selecting the best player, I read somewhere that the voters weren't even aware of the fact that Messi was about to break the record because the voting was stopped in November.

Anyone who has a problem with Messi winning is either a a) A follower who's personal bias gets the best of him or b) An unappreciative follower of Futbol.
EMERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #3215
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

is lucas moura allowed to play in the CL knockout stage?
Old 01-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #3216
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Laliga the one horse race, and that one horse got owned by the 5th place team in England
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #3217
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
His defense has been much better than it was. Covering the entire left flank because you have to clean up Ronaldo's mess isn't easy, and I really can't see anyone doing a better job at that than Marcelo did. The main reason I could see not selecting him is that he's been injured for a couple of months.

That said I don't think he's that far ahead of other players at his position, but no matter what argument you make for Cole it's really not laughable to have Marcelo over Cole in even the most biased eyes.

To say Marcelo is so much better than Ashley Cole as if they're not even close in level is laughable even in the most biased eyes.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #3218
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
To say Marcelo is so much better than Ashley Cole as if they're not even close in level is laughable even in the most biased eyes.

Yeah, that's why I said in the very post you quoted that I don't think Marcelo is that far ahead of the other top players in that spot. So I already preempted your comment by about 24 hours and you decided to ignore my statement like a child.

But clearly Marcelo can be argued as the best, no doubt about it.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #3219
Edwin
Serious playground baller

Edwin is considered somewhat coolEdwin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Laliga the one horse race, and that one horse got owned by the 5th place team in England
This:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
like the team that raped you in the supercup? ( atletico )
or the team that raped united in europa league last year? ( bilbao )
or the teams that went first and second in their CL groups ( malaga and valencia - who had the same points as bayern )
You should really refrain from starting stuff you can't really debate on or defend properly, it makes you look horribly.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #3220
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Yeah, that's why I said in the very post you quoted that I don't think Marcelo is that far ahead of the other top players in that spot. So I already preempted your comment by about 24 hours and you decided to ignore my statement like a child.

But clearly Marcelo can be argued as the best, no doubt about it.

So you contradict your own statement within a few hours time and decide to call me a child. Whoa, we've got a world class debater here.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #3221
alenleomessi

Marcelo got there because he played good in the few el classicos this year ( remember this is a popularity contest and el classico is obviously very popular and watched )
otherwise he is not very consistent and can do horrible mistakes from time to time... if he is the best left back.. then the football has really gone downhill

cole, lahm ( left or right ), baines and maybe even alba are better
Old 01-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #3222
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Guardiola refused to greet Ronaldo at the cerimony
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #3223
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
So you contradict your own statement within a few hours time and decide to call me a child. Whoa, we've got a world class debater here.

No I call you a child because you call me out on my non-serious reply rather than my more nuanced follow up. Taking the discussion in a more substantive direction is apparently beyond your capabilities.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #3224
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Looks like Sneijder will join Galatasaray
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #3225
Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
No I call you a child because you call me out on my non-serious reply rather than my more nuanced follow up. Taking the discussion in a more substantive direction is apparently beyond your capabilities.

Yes, it's suddenly non-serious when you realized how clueless your original statement was after the fact. Don't project your inability to have a discussion without name calling on me.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: