Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #3271
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Mr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this board
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Not sure which championshipflight is safest to board, the Lakers or Chelsea?
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #3272
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Chelseas season gettin worse and worse.
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #3273
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
news of the day: Guardiola to Bayern Munich. Huge for the Bundesliga, and obviously Bayern. Will make them even more attractive for the big stars.
One, Bavaria could attract big stars without him and Two, Guardiola doesn't buy big stars. He makes them.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #3274
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I don't understand the move.. Bayern Munich is top of their table by almost 10 points and they have a legit chance of challenging for a treble.

Just because Guardiola had success doesn't mean he'll have the same success at Bayern do the the obvious reasons of a different league, different style of play, different players, etc. They are already on top and yet they want to get Guardiola just because he's a big name? Good luck with that Bayern and I hope the "Barca" system doesn't become a utter failure over there..
Stupidest shit i ever heard...Bayern were at the top of the table for the past 2 years and got beaten by Dortmund. They failed 2 win CL 2 of the last 3 years. So obvioulsy they need a change. Heynckes is leaving at the end of the season. Yeah hiring Guardiola doesn't make sense. His style of coaching almost perfectly fits Bayern.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #3275
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
bayern is probably the closest team to barca, they try to dominate the opponent with passing and crosses from the wingers ( same for barca when henry/informpedro and messi played on the wings, right now not so much with alexis, tello and such ), so it shouldnt be that hard for him.. it would have been if he signed for an anti-football team like chelsea.
the only thing he will need to handle is the egos of ribery and robben and the german language
Robben will be sold in the summer I'm pretty sure.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #3276
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
One, Bavaria could attract big stars without him and Two, Guardiola doesn't buy big stars. He makes them.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #3277
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Robben will be sold in the summer I'm pretty sure.

Unless Robben plays a lot of games and plays really well during the final half of the season, I don't really see anything happening.

Robben was a hot commodity last season and Bayern decided to pay him. Now his value has dropped considerably, but he's still earning star money for the next couple of seasons. I don't think many teams are lining up to bail Munich out on that one.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #3278
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:

really? They got Ribery before he was a huge star, bought Robben who at that time was a cast-off due to constant injuries (deja-vu), had to pay €40 million for an unproven Javi Martinez.
That's not a solid track record in terms of attracting big stars.

Other than those, they are playing homegrowns (Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Badstuber, Müller, Alaba, Kroos) or other Bundesliga clubs best players (Dante, Neuer, Gomez, Pizarro, Mandzukic).
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #3279
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Unless Robben plays a lot of games and plays really well during the final half of the season, I don't really see anything happening.

Robben was a hot commodity last season and Bayern decided to pay him. Now his value has dropped considerably, but he's still earning star money for the next couple of seasons. I don't think many teams are lining up to bail Munich out on that one.
Man City won't have a problem bailing anyone out
Old 01-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #3280
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

Quote:
really? They got Ribery before he was a huge star, bought Robben who at that time was a cast-off due to constant injuries (deja-vu), had to pay €40 million for an unproven Javi Martinez.

Other than those, they are playing homegrowns (Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Badstuber, Müller, Alaba, Kroos) or other Bundesliga clubs best players (Dante, Neuer, Gomez, Pizarro, Mandzukic).
They're not trying to attract big stars.... You're talking as if they've been making world class offers and players been declining them. They have one of the best youth systems in the world right now. Bundesliga has the best youth systems of all the teams in their own leagues by far. They build teams with their own players instead of buying success.

You're saying if Bayern wanted to buy a big name player, they'd be rejected?

I'm sure Pep will bring in good players that he wants.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #3281
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:

You're saying if Bayern wanted to buy a big name player, they'd be rejected?

I'm sure Pep will bring in good players that he wants.

Yep, I'm saying that Bayern could not get players like Zlatan, Kaka etc in the past few years even if they wanted.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #3282
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Pep should do one last good thing for Barca and take Alexis with him. Please Pep
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #3283
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Bayern is one of the five biggest clubs in the world. If they truly want a player they go and get him. Just because they don´t do dumb shit like signing Torres or Carroll for 60 million euros, doesn´t mean they couldn´t do it.

In the end it´s all about the money. You think any players gives a shit about playing in the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga? It´s about the money and then the prestige of the club.

That´s why I always laugh when people say Klopp will go to ManCity or Chelsea. No he won´t. If he ever leaves Dortmund it will be for Bayern, Milan, ManU, Barca or Real. He might consider Arsenal, because they are philosophically run more like a German club.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #3284
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Guardiola does buy big stars. I don't know what the hell you think you're trying to say. What he doesn't do too well is utilize them.

He doesn't make stars but he incorporates the young guys very well. He does a great job with his academy players. People can talk and say Barcelona are just loaded and Messi and all this other stuff, but their team is made up, almost entirely, of academy grown players. The coach has to do work to make it work.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #3285
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Guardiola does buy big stars. I don't know what the hell you think you're trying to say. What he doesn't do too well is utilize them.

He doesn't make stars but he incorporates the young guys very well. He does a great job with his academy players. People can talk and say Barcelona are just loaded and Messi and all this other stuff, but their team is made up, almost entirely, of academy grown players. The coach has to do work to make it work.
Fabregas and maybe Villa are stars...

Mascherano, song, Alves, Adriano, alba, Sanchez, Are not stars...

Pep buys players that fit his system. He could care less if you're a star or not, if you fit his system that's all he needs. Meanwhile he made some great players with Barcelona B....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: