Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #3286
AllenIverson3
Get off me!
 
AllenIverson3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,517
AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
Yep, I'm saying that Bayern could not get players like Zlatan, Kaka etc in the past few years even if they wanted.
Oh yeah? Whys that? Did u talk to their agents or something ?
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:20 AM   #3287
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
Fabregas and maybe Villa are stars...

Mascherano, song, Alves, Adriano, alba, Sanchez, Are not stars...

Pep buys players that fit his system. He could care less if you're a star or not, if you fit his system that's all he needs. Meanwhile he made some great players with Barcelona B....


Alves was already (along with Maicon) the best RB in the world when Barcelona signed him. He was a top 10 player the year Sevilla was 2 points shy of winning La Liga. He was a star. Mascherano was a star. When people talked world-class, they talked Mascherano. So much so that they even did it when his game was well below his star. Zlatan is a star. Cesc was obviously a star. David Villa was, absolutely, the single best striker in the world, a beast at the Euro Cup, Spain's all-time leading scorer. There was no maybe there. Alexis Sanchez is a star in the making but has already established himself as being a great player and he's Chile's star. The other guys were all established as being big-time players, even if they weren't quite stars.


But there are absolute stars that he bought, as well as as near star in Alexis Sanchez and a star in the making in Jordi Alba. And again, Adriano was one of the best fullbacks around, even if he's overlooked.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:47 AM   #3288
Brunch@Five
College superstar
 
Brunch@Five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,581
Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
Oh yeah? Whys that? Did u talk to their agents or something ?

maybe you'd have to follow Bundesliga more closely to know that getting a big star was NEVER on the horizon in the last 10 years. Robben made a huge splash, and he was a player that was injured more than he played.
Then they have to overpay for a player like Martinez, while players like Modric, Hazard and Zlatan are on the market for the same price.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:10 AM   #3289
blablabla
.
 
blablabla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Austria
Posts: 7,065
blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
maybe you'd have to follow Bundesliga more closely to know that getting a big star was NEVER on the horizon in the last 10 years. Robben made a huge splash, and he was a player that was injured more than he played.
Then they have to overpay for a player like Martinez, while players like Modric, Hazard and Zlatan are on the market for the same price.
they ovrpaid martinez because bilbao didnt want to let him go not because martinez didnt want to join bayern also bayern has plenty of german talent most are from their own academy they dont need that many foreign stars
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #3290
MMM
877-954-1893
 
MMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,081
MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Milan is interested in Jose Mourinho
is there any chance that he is headed back to the San Siro??
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #3291
alenleomessi
.
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 16,101
alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Milan is interested in Jose Mourinho
is there any chance that he is headed back to the San Siro??
absolute zero
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #3292
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 7,041
Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Milan is interested in Jose Mourinho
is there any chance that he is headed back to the San Siro??

If he wants to coach for free, yes.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #3293
alenleomessi
.
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 16,101
alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

so its official now, barca wont renew valdes contract that expires in 2014

alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #3294
b1imtf
raep tiem
 
b1imtf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: k?
Posts: 8,754
b1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
so its official now, barca wont renew valdes contract that expires in 2014

Any rumours on who will they get?
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #3295
AllenIverson3
Get off me!
 
AllenIverson3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,517
AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Alves was already (along with Maicon) the best RB in the world when Barcelona signed him. He was a top 10 player the year Sevilla was 2 points shy of winning La Liga. He was a star. Mascherano was a star. When people talked world-class, they talked Mascherano. So much so that they even did it when his game was well below his star. Zlatan is a star. Cesc was obviously a star. David Villa was, absolutely, the single best striker in the world, a beast at the Euro Cup, Spain's all-time leading scorer. There was no maybe there. Alexis Sanchez is a star in the making but has already established himself as being a great player and he's Chile's star. The other guys were all established as being big-time players, even if they weren't quite stars.


But there are absolute stars that he bought, as well as as near star in Alexis Sanchez and a star in the making in Jordi Alba. And again, Adriano was one of the best fullbacks around, even if he's overlooked.

Lmfao at this whole post.... Alves came to Barcelona in 08, he wasn't even close to being the best RB in the world... He was never at one point in his career been the best RB in the world even at Barcelona.

Maicon at Inter >> Alves. Alves hasn't been shit for 2 years now and I have no ****in clue how he made the XI this year. Absurd

Lahm >>> Alves

Mascherano was a star? Do you know the definition of a star? Mascherano was just your average midfielder at Liverpool. No one was talking about him at Liverpool. He was a work horse n great tackler who fit perfectly in Peps system.

Ibrahimovic shouldn't even be in the discussion because all he did was fight with Pep during his time. Wrong move for Pep.

Sanchez is a star in the making? Have u been watching any of the games this season? Or are u just talking out of your ass? He's the worse Pep signing... This clown has scored one goal this season. He was underestimated by Pep. He thought he'd fit perfect wit Messi by playing off of him but obviously that failed. All he does is flop around every game and it's gotten to the point where refs don't call shit and his team keeps playing on. Hell be gone this summer. Yah he's a def star in the making.

Pep signed Alba whe he wasn't a star. Stop trynna twist the words around by saying he's in the making. He's a good LB nonetheless.

Only players you can call stars are Fabregas and Villa and I've already said that.
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #3296
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: swag
Posts: 14,874
Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
Lmfao at this whole post.... Alves came to Barcelona in 08, he wasn't even close to being the best RB in the world... He was never at one point in his career been the best RB in the world even at Barcelona.

Maicon at Inter >> Alves. Alves hasn't been shit for 2 years now and I have no ****in clue how he made the XI this year. Absurd

Lahm >>> Alves

Mascherano was a star? Do you know the definition of a star? Mascherano was just your average midfielder at Liverpool. No one was talking about him at Liverpool. He was a work horse n great tackler who fit perfectly in Peps system.

Ibrahimovic shouldn't even be in the discussion because all he did was fight with Pep during his time. Wrong move for Pep.

Sanchez is a star in the making? Have u been watching any of the games this season? Or are u just talking out of your ass? He's the worse Pep signing... This clown has scored one goal this season. He was underestimated by Pep. He thought he'd fit perfect wit Messi by playing off of him but obviously that failed. All he does is flop around every game and it's gotten to the point where refs don't call shit and his team keeps playing on. Hell be gone this summer. Yah he's a def star in the making.

Pep signed Alba whe he wasn't a star. Stop trynna twist the words around by saying he's in the making. He's a good LB nonetheless.

Only players you can call stars are Fabregas and Villa and I've already said that.

Did you watch him in Sevilla when he literally carried that team singlehandedly on his back as a right defender, far and away being their best player?

Also Mascherano was considered the best player in the world at his position while he was in Liverpool.

How a team with Xabi Alonso and Mascherano underachieved so much is beyond my level of understanding.

Alba had that amazing European Cup run as probably the best left back in the tournament and then Barcelona signed him.

Last edited by Nick Young : 01-17-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #3297
AllenIverson3
Get off me!
 
AllenIverson3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,517
AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
maybe you'd have to follow Bundesliga more closely to know that getting a big star was NEVER on the horizon in the last 10 years. Robben made a huge splash, and he was a player that was injured more than he played.
Then they have to overpay for a player like Martinez, while players like Modric, Hazard and Zlatan are on the market for the same price.
I follow every league closer than you buddy. Did u even read my original post about German football? Why would they need Modric when they have Muller and Kroos? They don't need Zlatan nor Hazard.... Theyve got one of the best attack in world football... They needed a defensive midfielder/defender and they've got him but for the wrong price. He'll never live up to his price tag.
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #3298
AllenIverson3
Get off me!
 
AllenIverson3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,517
AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Did you watch him in Sevilla when he literally carried that team singlehandedly on his back as a right defender?

Also Mascherano was considered the best player in the world at his position while he was in Liverpool.

How a team with Xabi Alonso and Mascherano underachieved so much is beyond my level of understanding.

Alba had that amazing European Cup run as probably the best left back in the tournament and then Barcelona signed him.

I'm not even gonna reply to this ****in nonsense. It's obvious u don't jack shit.

Mascherano was the best player at his position? You do realize he played in the midfield? You telling me he was the best midfielder in the world? LMFAO
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #3299
AllenIverson3
Get off me!
 
AllenIverson3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,517
AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1imtf
Any rumours on who will they get?
Marc ter Stegen or Vicente Guaita
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #3300
b1imtf
raep tiem
 
b1imtf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: k?
Posts: 8,754
b1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
I'm not even gonna reply to this ****in nonsense. It's obvious u don't jack shit.

Mascherano was the best player at his position? You do realize he played in the midfield? You telling me he was the best midfielder in the world? LMFAO
There are different types of midfielders.. lol
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy