Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #3406
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

SAF criticizes the linesman-FA gives him 4 days and asks him what he thinks about him.

Sam Allardyce does the same thing and gets an instant fine.

Bringing up Drogba's offside goal in 2010 while ignoring the fact that in the same game Macheda blatantly handed the ball before scoring his goal, which shouldn't have been allowed. The way English football panders to this red nosed piece of shit is unfathomable.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #3407
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
What? You don't know squat about US soccer to be frank. US isn't a bad team and they do get undervalued since they aren't a European/South American team. We do have talent, players like Dempsey, Howard, Bradley, Fabian Johnson, Donovan, etc, are talented players(not great) but good players that are considered "B" talent.

You're being dumb if you think Ronaldo and Messi won't make the US team contenders lol.. In a 4-3-3 that includes Ronaldo, Messi and Dempsey would be the deadliest attacking combo in the world so I'll just stop at that.

US biggest need atm is CB btw

You have got to be kidding. Portugal themselves aren't even contenders, and they have better players than USA throughout the lineup.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #3408
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
You have got to be kidding. Portugal themselves aren't even contenders, and they have better players than USA throughout the lineup.

Portugal has:
Weaker defense.
Weaker keeper-by far.

Shittier organization.

Worst strikers.
Less determination.
Less leadership-basically no leadership

Midfields are equal, no Moutinho is not better than Bradley XD. Portugal has Nani , USA has Dempsey and his 23 goals in England last year. If Dempsey was Eastern European or Spanish or Dutch his reputation would be huge. Not to mention Captain Clutch Landon Donovan.

Ronaldo and Contrao are the only players clearly better than a corresponding American at his position.

Last edited by Nick Young : 01-21-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #3409
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
What a dive there.
Worst penalty call of the season...
Bradley beating the Italians at their own game. BOSS
Old 01-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #3410
Pacers4ever
Banned

Pacers4ever has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
stop
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #3411
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
What? You don't know squat about US soccer to be frank. US isn't a bad team and they do get undervalued since they aren't a European/South American team. We do have talent, players like Dempsey, Howard, Bradley, Fabian Johnson, Donovan, etc, are talented players(not great) but good players that are considered "B" talent.

CB is definitely the biggest weakness on the team. Bocanegra is stuck for a sinking Racing squad and is way past his prime and Clarence Goodson has been awful the last few times he's been in the squad. I'm comfortable with Geoff Cameron in the back as he's been one of Stoke's best players this year. I think Omar Gonzalez is the best guy to pair with him for the time being.

Fabian Johnson is a hell of a player; he's been awesome almost every time he's suited up for the national team and he's really versatile (can play LB, RB, RM, and LM). I think he's one of the better LBs in the Bundesliga. Cherundolo just got injured so we'll probably have to play Timmy Chandler from Nuremberg who might be a better player at this point anyway.

I don't think Landon Donovan will be available and Klinsmann seems to prefer Herculez Gomez to Jozy Altidore.

The lineup for the Honduras game I hope to see is:
Howard
Chandler - Cameron - Gonzalez - Johnson
Bradley - Jones
Gatt - Zusi - Dempsey
Altidore
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #3412
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
stop

they do lol
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #3413
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
they do lol
Old 01-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #3414
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

Although Portugal is struggling in qualifiers I think it's perfectly reasonable to consider Portugal as contenders. They were a close penalty shootout loss to Spain away from the finals of the Euro championships.. That's not a contender? Get real

Messi and Ronaldo are the two best players in the world and possibly both the best ever.. Keep thinking that Messi and Ronaldo won't make the US contenders
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #3415
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young

GK I'll give to US.

RB and LB no chance. CB - Pepe, I don't know if Bruno Alves is good I never see him play but for Portugal he seems solid. CB advantage PORTUGAL.

Now are you going to tell me US has better midfield/attack? lmao
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #3416
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Not only better, but much better at every position (except for GK), to the point it's not even close.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #3417
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
GK I'll give to US.

RB and LB no chance. CB - Pepe, I don't know if Bruno Alves is good I never see him play but for Portugal he seems solid. CB advantage PORTUGAL.

Now are you going to tell me US has better midfield/attack? lmao
LMAO USA just owned Italy in Italy. GTFO
Old 01-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #3418
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Not only better, but much better at every position (except for GK), to the point it's not even close.

Pepe and Bruno Alves are about 5 levels above any CB pairing the US has.
At striker I'd say Altidore is pretty close to Helder Postiga. Bradley and Jermaine Jones aren't far off from Miereles and Veloso either although I've only seen Veloso for the NT. It's obvious Portugal is much better overall though so I don't why the comparison is being made.

The US doesn't have top class talent but we usually perform well in big tournaments and have a solid record against European teams. Last year the national team went 9-2-3 with road wins against Italy and Mexico and draw in Russia.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #3419
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Pepe and Bruno Alves are about 5 levels above any CB pairing the US has.
At striker I'd say Altidore is pretty close to Helder Postiga. Bradley and Jermaine Jones aren't far off from Miereles and Veloso either although I've only seen Veloso for the NT. It's obvious Portugal is much better overall though so I don't why the comparison is being made.

The US doesn't have top class talent but we usually perform well in big tournaments and have a solid record against European teams. Last year the national team went 9-2-3 with road wins against Italy and Mexico and draw in Russia.

That, I totally agree with. Your national team has a mental strength and determination that usually leads them to perform above expectations. That's something the Portuguese, as skilled as they are, could learn something from.
I don't agree with your comment on Postiga, though. He's not the most prolific scorer, but he's got good technique, can hold the ball for his teammates and generates quite a lot of offensive play (at least for Zaragoza, where he is asked to. He doesn't need to do that in Portugal). As good a season Altidore may be having in the Netherlands, he's not half the player Postiga is. Altidore is one of the worst strikers I've ever seen play in Spain (I admittedly haven't seen him this year).

Last edited by Lebowsky : 01-22-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #3420
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

You're being dumb if you think Ronaldo and Messi won't make the US team contenders lol.. In a 4-3-3 that includes Ronaldo, Messi and Dempsey would be the deadliest attacking combo in the world so I'll just stop at that.

Well you just said it yourself, what good would it be a deadly attacking trio when the biggest need is a CB... look at Argentina for example or Portugal... they are not contenders as of right now... so you think USA will be becuase of two strikers?
like i said only xavi and iniesta because of their passing ability and holding the ball which would not let the opponent come close to the ordinary defense.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: