Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 06:43 PM   #3556
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: swag
Posts: 14,942
Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
WTF are you talking about? Alot of the Russian teams are owned by Russian billionares so they have endless amounts of money to waste on players.

I also don't get your rant about Russia and living conditions.. It's such a bizarre argument to make and the same can be said about every league and every sport for that matter..
meanwhile his own countrymen get a football match called off for making racist chants to a black american player. All the wealth in the world and high standard of living still doesn't cover who they truly are. Dutch being Dutch
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #3557
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,494
knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
meanwhile his own countrymen get a football match called off for making racist chants to a black american player. All the wealth in the world and high standard of living still doesn't cover who they truly are. Dutch being Dutch

I'm not even talking about the racist incident which rarely happens. He doesn't seem to think the EU and most of Europe is in a financial crisis where countries are bankrupt, people are becoming unemployed and what not. Just look at Spain.. 20+% unemployement yet Barca and Real Madrid have money the money to purchase players at record fees... It's weird since Russia isn't in the economic mess EU countries are in and yet he's claiming they are starving lol..
knickballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:28 AM   #3558
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,789
LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I'm not even talking about the racist incident which rarely happens. He doesn't seem to think the EU and most of Europe is in a financial crisis where countries are bankrupt, people are becoming unemployed and what not. Just look at Spain.. 20+% unemployement yet Barca and Real Madrid have money the money to purchase players at record fees... It's weird since Russia isn't in the economic mess EU countries are in and yet he's claiming they are starving lol..

You ever been to Dagestan bro?

Dagestan is not the economic mess Europe is? Or even Russia as a whole? You are insane.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:03 AM   #3559
Brunch@Five
College superstar
 
Brunch@Five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,580
Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I'm not even talking about the racist incident which rarely happens. He doesn't seem to think the EU and most of Europe is in a financial crisis where countries are bankrupt, people are becoming unemployed and what not. Just look at Spain.. 20+% unemployement yet Barca and Real Madrid have money the money to purchase players at record fees... It's weird since Russia isn't in the economic mess EU countries are in and yet he's claiming they are starving lol..

you can absolutely not compare Spain to the Netherlands in terms of economy. Spain was run by a dictatorship till the late 70's, it has nevery really catched up to the EU core group economically.
Also, even with the crises, the EU is still more wealthy than Russia, per capita.
Even if Ray Allen is in a shooting slump, he's still a better shooter than Russel Westbrook.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:06 AM   #3560
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year
 
ukballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,608
ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Cavani maybe?
Beckham in Arsenal wtf?

He's just training with them to regain fitness, really is nothing more than that. He's trained with them before as well, and I think he trained with Tottenham in the past too.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #3561
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: swag
Posts: 14,942
Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
You ever been to Dagestan bro?

Dagestan is not the economic mess Europe is? Or even Russia as a whole? You are insane.
Dagestan is a good representation of Russia as a whole?

GTFO with your racist EU-propaganda bullshit.

What's worse is countries like Holland, where the people grow up with all the social wellfare, all the education, all the money, and still become racist pieces of shit. No matter how much you polish it, a racist shit is still a racist shit.
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:17 AM   #3562
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,789
LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Dagestan is a good representation of Russia as a whole?

GTFO with your racist EU-propaganda bullshit.

What's worse is countries like Holland, where the people grow up with all the social wellfare, all the education, all the money, and still become racist pieces of shit. No matter how much you polish it, a racist shit is still a racist shit.

Anzhi is a team in Dagestan, Russia, where they pay a football player $500.000,00 a week while a well off person in the area tends to earn $100,00 a week and lives a hard live.

Obviously I'm not talking about every team, I'm talking about the excesses. All I said was that it's remarkable that they pay those wages in countries with such poverty issues. You are the one who gets your panties in a bunch over it, like an area with an average income of less than $100 a week isn't poor.




And yes, racism is despicable no matter where it is.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #3563
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: swag
Posts: 14,942
Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

There are poverty issues in every big city in the world, yes even in your beloved Amsterdam.

I can't believe Ajax is paying those wages to footballers when there are countless people starving on the streets of Amsterdam or earning shit wages and barely having enough to get by on. Young girls are stolen from Belarus and Bulgaria and Ukraine and forced to work as sex slaves with no way to get out of it, and it is allowed to go on. It's remarkable that this travesty is allowed to go on in a country with so much wealth put in the pockets of sportsmen instead of starving people and sex slaves.

Last edited by Nick Young : 01-30-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #3564
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,789
LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
There are poverty issues in every big city in the world, yes even in your beloved Amsterdam.

I can't believe Ajax is paying those wages to footballers when there are countless people starving on the streets of Amsterdam or earning shit wages and barely having enough to get by on. Young girls are stolen from Belarus and Bulgaria and Ukraine and forced to work as sex slaves with no way to get out of it, and it is allowed to go on. It's remarkable that this travesty is allowed to go on in a country with so much wealth put in the pockets of sportsmen instead of starving people and sex slaves.

So you actually think the quality of life and poverty in Amsterdam is remotely comparable to Dagestan. You are such a sheltered, ignorant rich kid.

Typical bruinlove.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #3565
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: swag
Posts: 14,942
Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
So you actually think the quality of life and poverty in Amsterdam is remotely comparable to Dagestan. You are such a sheltered, ignorant rich kid.

Typical bruinlove.
Do you believe that there are no homeless people, starving people or sex slaves in Amsterdam? According to your logic, it's disgusting that Amsterdam football club is paying people to play football instead of helping to improve the lives of these poor starving people and women and men forced to have sex against their will living on the doorstep of Amsterdam Arena. How is this allowed to go on in a "first world" wealthy and enlightened morally superior western European country like the Netherlands?

Shouldn't Jerry Buss be putting millions into helping to end homelessness in LA instead of put more millions into the pockets of millionaire athletes?

In other words, your logic is retarded, and unfairly targeting wealthy Russians for some reason, maybe you're mad because you think they are wasting Hidiink or something.

This, combined with the racist monkey chants against Jozy Altidore. Don't dismiss it as "only a select few", you don't hear "only a select few" ever making racist chants in America, and this was an entire section of Dutch support. If it's only a select few doing it wouldn't others tell them to stop instead of joining in? Backwards racist bullshit like that would never happen in a sports arena in America or England. Get off your Dutch high horse. Learn your place in the world.

Amsterdam has human trafficking and slavery at an unbelievably high level and Dutch people are going around talking shit about "third world countries". Take a look at your own country before you start trying to talk shit about other ones.

Stupid rich sheltered Dutch kids.
Typical though, it's what happens when kids grow up having all of their problems solved at the snap of their fingers by government welfare money that your government got from sponging off the EU.

Last edited by Nick Young : 01-30-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:45 AM   #3566
Brunch@Five
College superstar
 
Brunch@Five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,580
Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Backwards racist bullshit like that would never happen in a sports arena in America or England.

yeah, in England it's happening on the court

also, there is a big difference between a majority being exploited by oligarchs in Russia and a minority of displaced and left-behinds in western-capitalist societies.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:46 AM   #3567
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: swag
Posts: 14,942
Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
yeah, in England it's happening on the court

also, there is a big difference between a majority being exploited by oligarchs in Russia and a minority of displaced and left-behinds in western-capitalist societies.
I don't consider a Spanish speaking south american referring to a black person as negro to be racist.
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:50 AM   #3568
Brunch@Five
College superstar
 
Brunch@Five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,580
Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
I don't consider a Spanish speaking south american referring to a black person as negro to be racist.

so only whites can be racist?
also: John Terry?
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #3569
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: swag
Posts: 14,942
Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
so only whites can be racist?
also: John Terry?
Negro is not a racist word in spanish, unless you think that calling someone black in English is also racist.

JT isn't a racist but think what you want.
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #3570
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,789
LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Do you believe that there are no homeless people, starving people or sex slaves in Amsterdam? According to your logic, it's disgusting that Amsterdam football club is paying people to play football instead of helping to improve the lives of these poor starving people and women and men forced to have sex against their will living on the doorstep of Amsterdam Arena. How is this allowed to go on in a "first world" wealthy and enlightened morally superior western European country like the Netherlands?

Shouldn't Jerry Buss be putting millions into helping to end homelessness in LA instead of put more millions into the pockets of millionaire athletes?

In other words, your logic is retarded, and unfairly targeting wealthy Russians for some reason, maybe you're mad because you think they are wasting Hidiink or something.

This, combined with the racist monkey chants against Jozy Altidore. Don't dismiss it as "only a select few", you don't hear "only a select few" ever making racist chants in America, and this was an entire section of Dutch support. If it's only a select few doing it wouldn't others tell them to stop instead of joining in? Backwards racist bullshit like that would never happen in a sports arena in America or England. Get off your Dutch high horse. Learn your place in the world.

Amsterdam has human trafficking and slavery at an unbelievably high level and Dutch people are going around talking shit about "third world countries". Take a look at your own country before you start trying to talk shit about other ones.

Stupid rich sheltered Dutch kids.
Typical though, it's what happens when kids grow up having all of their problems solved at the snap of their fingers by government welfare money that your government got from sponging off the EU.

Hmm, sounds like you are projecting. I never said any of the things you are referring to.

But yes, I do have a problem with white collar criminals working together with the government to parade a team of millionaires in front of people who barely have money to eat. A guy like Kerimov became a billionaire while in public office, it's revolting. He's the reverse of Robin Hood.



Also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_...otball#England
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy