Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-31-2013, 06:20 AM   #3601
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
^I don't know what to think, on one hand 14 Million is a pretty steep price for a player who hasn't shown that he can be consistently great or at least good , but he's only 20 years old. I also don't like that his addition will probably hinder the development of our other young talents who play in a similar position, primarily susos playing time could see some cuts
On the other, from what i've seen from him, which i admit isn't much, he looks like a immensely talented footballer, great technique insanely quick with heaps of creativity and flair that he can bring into our game, i have also noticed that he isn't as lazy off the ball as other brazilians, a little like Suarez in that regard
He also seems to be great from set pieces
I don't know what his natural position is, i've seen him play out wide as well as in the trequartista role
Maybe Jasi can give me some more information on him ?

Also with his curly hair he kinda looks like footballers from the 1970s or 80s

Coutinho is a '92 and a very talented player, but he didn't live up to expectations in Inter - and tbh I don't know how much of this is his own fault or Inter's. They never really believed in him enough to start him constantly, also because of frequent injuries. And they play with a 3-5-2, which he doesn't fit in at all.
Basically he's a trequartista who likes to start out wide and cut inside, creating chances for other forwards or for himself.
I would have definitely seen him better in La Liga than in EPL: he's very short and light, too much for Serie A, let alone EPL.
In La Liga there is more room for skilled non-physical players like him.
I'm not saying he will fail there because he has a lot talent, but all in all I think 13 millions are not a safe bet at all.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:33 AM   #3602
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Beckham in Paris, done deal.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #3603
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
It's better for some money to go back to the people then absolutely none at all.

You say some remakable things in the NBA forum but you're not too bad here.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:50 PM   #3604
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

becks and ibra on a same team

becks, sneijder and drogba can play in the CL too, unlike for example Mario.
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #3605
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Coutinho to Liverpool is odd to me. They're stacking up the young talent but you have to play them. Coutinho can play as a wide player, in the Barcelona style or he can play behind the forwards. But they have Sturridge, who needs to partner Suarez, not play wide or behind. 4-4-2 is calling but you have Sterling and Suso...they need to have a direction, not just stock up.

Huddlestone could work anywhere. Undervalued...and the English wonder why they suck.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:02 PM   #3606
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
didnt you lead city last season like this by like 8 points or something?

possible scenario: you get beaten by madrid, and choke again in EPL...
hmm...

DAMN THAT WAS A BURN.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:29 PM   #3607
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

liverpool had surprisingly some decent signings so far, and they have definitely looked very solid except that cup game against oldham

btw cuenca on loan to ajax, good luck
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #3608
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Beckham in Paris, done deal.
Victoria's order, probably.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:13 PM   #3609
TheFastOne
Celtic Pride

TheFastOne has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
meanwhile his own countrymen get a football match called off for making racist chants to a black american player. All the wealth in the world and high standard of living still doesn't cover who they truly are. Dutch being Dutch
You keep surprising me. Dutch being Dutch, I'd like to know more about that.

Furthermore, I live in Rotterdam, second city of the Netherlands. You can't close your eyes on racism, it's happening everywhere, not just in the Netherlands. I've personally never even witnessed it over here. I have a black friend who used to live in Chicago and he says it's worse there. You're working with stereotypes.

Samba to QPR, decent signing at first sight, just like the others.
TheFastOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:50 PM   #3610
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Nacho Monreal has passed his medical at Arsenal, the fee is around 8.5million and a 50,000 per-week contract

no santos for the foreseeable future... hopefully. It's a shame Nacho is cup tied thoug, in case Gibbs isn't healthy for the next CL game
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #3611
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thanks for the different views on Coutinho guys
Let's hope he can stay healthy, it would probably be for the best to not let him play against stoke
But seeing how well Mata, Santi and Silva are doing in the PL despite their rather light body alleviates my concerns
Also Liverpool just terminated Donis contract, he'll return to Brazil to play for Botafogo

Last Minute Transfer(Rumors)

Willian to Anschi
Sissoko to Florenz
Schelleto to Inter
Danny Graham to Sunderland
Lissandro Lopez or Leandro Damio to Tottenham(?)

There's also this weird rumor floating around that Liverpool has accepted a bid for Reina from Arsenal and are looking to sign Steklenburg from Roma, probably BS tho
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:00 PM   #3612
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Thanks for the different views on Coutinho guys
Let's hope he can stay healthy, it would probably be for the best to not let him play against stoke
But seeing how well Mata, Santi and Silva are doing in the PL despite their rather light body alleviates my concerns
Also Liverpool just terminated Donis contract, he'll return to Brazil to play for Botafogo

Last Minute Transfer(Rumors)

Willian to Anschi
Sissoko to Florenz
Schelleto to Inter
Danny Graham to Sunderland
Lissandro Lopez or Leandro Damio to Tottenham(?)

There's also this weird rumor floating around that Liverpool has accepted a bid for Reina from Arsenal and are looking to sign Steklenburg from Roma, probably BS tho
Willian
b1imtf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:29 PM   #3613
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFastOne
You keep surprising me. Dutch being Dutch, I'd like to know more about that.

Furthermore, I live in Rotterdam, second city of the Netherlands. You can't close your eyes on racism, it's happening everywhere, not just in the Netherlands. I've personally never even witnessed it over here. I have a black friend who used to live in Chicago and he says it's worse there. You're working with stereotypes.

Samba to QPR, decent signing at first sight, just like the others.

To be fair Netherlands is a very multi-cultural country and it basically the opposite of a racist country.

I find it ironic how people label some Western European countries racist when they are the only countries in the world that are truly multi-cultural.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:30 PM   #3614
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:

Pepe Reina has always been one of the most overrated goalkeepers of all-time. He's good. He's not a top-level GK, but a super-conservative one who had supposedly great seasons under a super-defensive, tactically very strong, and ultimately bitch-ass coach. He actually played his best ball the year they started to struggle. He's never been a top 10 GK and he's not playing any worse no than he played in Liverpool's best finishes under Benitez.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:27 PM   #3615
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Benitez is the most bitch ass coach of all time, but it's Ross Turnbull's fault for all these shitty ties we are having.
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: