Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #3706
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

bale is the best player in the EPL right now
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #3707
b1imtf
World Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
Top 3 at worst
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #3708
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

barca squad next season:

goat team?
Old 02-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #3709
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
that speaks more about sports media than the Bundesliga, though. "Journalists" making rumors up ... the recent Lewandowski was traced to a german tweet that was mistranslated/interpreted by an Italian TV station

In this case, but it has happened in the past. It happened in their approach for Reus and he chose Dortmund...but they were all over him and ripped the guy for going to Dortmund. They were killing Vidal. With Bremen qualifying for the CL (and should have won the league that year, no thanks to their coach) and Bayern will out, Klose was going out on about how he was going to Munich, no matter what. There are other obvious ones and some I can't remember, but it does happen. Bayern is royalty and I get that, but they have this power even tho they haven't won a back-to-back since 2006 and haven't won the title either of the last two seasons.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #3710
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Did you see Neymar vs England? Nowhere to be seen, can't handle the cold. How's he going to do in Bavaria? Neymar isn't that good, he's not even the best player on Brazil, he's more likely to be Robinho 2 then Pele 2. He's fast and quick but pretty weak and gets easily knocked off the ball from what I seen by physical opponents.

He had a bad game. He's only 21. I don't even like him but even I know he's terrific.

Robinho had a lot more great years than people realize. He just never reached his ceiling and part of it his fault (staying too long) and much of it comes down to where he went. Also, he and Neymar aren't exactly the same player. Neymar is much more goal-oriented. They tried to make Robinho a winger and an AM. It's unlikely to happen with Neymar.

Tho him being Robinho 2.0 is obviously a lot more likely than him being Pele 2.0. He's not going to be Pele.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi

Except he's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1imtf
Top 3 at worst

I wouldn't go there. If we're going on season, that's one thing. But RVP, Rooney, Silva, Mata are all better players. And I'd take Kun, who's just not as established in the PL. Also, Suarez is better this season and just plain better. This is Hazard's first season at the top level, but I'd certainly take him over Bale...even right now.

Last edited by Whoah10115 : 02-09-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #3711
ukballer
Clippers & Bobcats

Rooney is not better than Bale, and I'm a United fan.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #3712
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
Rooney is not better than Bale, and I'm a United fan.

Rooney is the more complete player but Bale is by far more explosive and causes nightmares on the flanks.

I like Bale alot(always did) but I don't think he's better than Rooney. Rooney can play as a striker, winger, behind the forwards as a #10, etc, and he can contribute to the game in every way and he can get his teammates involved.
knickballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #3713
Whoah10115
Linja Status

I mean, it's not even close. Since Rooney had that 26 goal season, after CRon left, every year people have whined and have expected him to be the best non-Messi in the world. United don't win a title without him in his supposed "off" season in 2010-11. He was the creative link for that team. He scored 27 goals last year and did everything, but people complained that all he did was score? Sure.

Wayne Rooney is one of the absolute best players in the world. Gareth Bale is not nearly as good. And I hate United.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #3714
BrickingStar
Banned

I wish rooney could be somebody for england's national team
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #3715
Rose
Roses Malone

City
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #3716
AirTupac
Hop on the Buss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
City

Blame Mancini, his ass needs to be fired.

Starts Nasri (he's been beyond awful) over Milner and then plays Garcia beside Lescott.

Gareth Barry was unbelievable pathetic.

and Joe Hart made a pathetic mistake for one of the goals. Man City literally gifted them all 3 goals. Barry giving them 2.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #3717
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Joe Hart is one of the very best GK's in the world...but that was bad lol. It happens tho.

Barry's was hilarious.

But losing shouldn't get anyone fired...being Roberto Mancini should. I said this before. The only reason you all are winning the league again is because of him. He's a decent tactician and he has no balls...but even the lack of balls isn't as bad as the fact that he just makes bad decisions, does a terrible job with subs, etc.

javi Garcia, who used to be made fun of at Real, is now on City. He's actually a very good player...the use for him is non-existent tho. Kompany not playing too well this season and the CB duo is not right. Nasri is a piece of shit and not playing well. Milner does play well but he's also not that good. It really just comes down to Mancini sucking.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #3718
Horatio33
Winning>Stats

Hart's had a terrible season. Just been useless.

Cheers Citeh!
Horatio33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #3719
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

madrid and bayern in great form before the CL matches... not looking good for the only two english teams in the knockout stage
Old 02-10-2013, 12:13 AM   #3720
The GM
#ballislife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Did you see Neymar vs England? Nowhere to be seen, can't handle the cold. How's he going to do in Bavaria? Neymar isn't that good, he's not even the best player on Brazil, he's more likely to be Robinho 2 then Pele 2. He's fast and quick but pretty weak and gets easily knocked off the ball from what I seen by physical opponents.

Robinho 2? Idk about that. I think clubs would be crazy not to take a chance on him due to talent, age and endorsement opportunity. Hell worse case scenario you get him on your club, make back your transfer fee plus a lot more just off his name and hype then sell him 3-4 years down the line if he doesnt pan out, though I dont see that scenario personally.

As of right now I dont ever see him being able to get to that Messi, Cristiano, Zizi, Maradona level but thats RIGHT NOW, who knows a few years down the line. I think he can be pretty damn good given the right situation (and him getting his weight up) cause the talent is there plus he's very young. Give him a few years on the big stage (club & country) with experience then I think everyone can properly evaluate him.
The GM is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: