Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-10-2013, 06:02 AM   #3721
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

lol wtf is this shit, barca playing at 12 am, my roomate had to wake me up i totally forgot
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:05 AM   #3722
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GM
Robinho 2? Idk about that. I think clubs would be crazy not to take a chance on him due to talent, age and endorsement opportunity. Hell worse case scenario you get him on your club, make back your transfer fee plus a lot more just off his name and hype then sell him 3-4 years down the line if he doesnt pan out, though I dont see that scenario personally.

As of right now I dont ever see him being able to get to that Messi, Cristiano, Zizi, Maradona level but thats RIGHT NOW, who knows a few years down the line. I think he can be pretty damn good given the right situation (and him getting his weight up) cause the talent is there plus he's very young. Give him a few years on the big stage (club & country) with experience then I think everyone can properly evaluate him.
someone is out of place in there... put THE ronaldo and its right.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:09 AM   #3723
alenleomessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Rooney is the more complete player but Bale is by far more explosive and causes nightmares on the flanks.

I like Bale alot(always did) but I don't think he's better than Rooney. Rooney can play as a striker, winger, behind the forwards as a #10, etc, and he can contribute to the game in every way and he can get his teammates involved.
So can Bale.
I also think Rooney at his best is better, but right now Rooney is not at his best, while Bale is. And thats why i said right now Bale is the best.

He is leading a Tottenham team to wins without any stars really, while players like Silva, Mata, Kun, Cazorla have much better talent but dont really do well.

You know who is the closest to Bale right now in England? Jack Wilshere.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:10 AM   #3724
alenleomessi

Alexis finally scores

Alrighty my morning hangover is already healed
Old 02-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #3725
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Rooney can do more things but Bale is carrying a shit team on his back and scoring epic goals every game now.

Bale is a threat everywhere he gets the ball because how fast he is. When Rooney gets the ball at midfield he's not dangerous like Bale is.
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #3726
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
Alexis finally scores

Alrighty my morning hangover is already healed
How was the game? I slept through it
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #3727
alenleomessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1imtf
How was the game? I slept through it
simply a domination especially in last 30 minutes of the game...

messi was good as always, had 3-4 good chances, hit the post once, and basically was the main reason for the 5th goal by iniesta ( dribbled few players before getting stopped by the last two players but iniesta was right there to score )

alexis was surprisingly good, finally scored a goal in la liga after like 8 months or something, he made 2 chances out of nothing ( one was when messi hit the post, and one when thiago got his shot blocked by the defender 5-6 feet from the goal - goalie was already tricked by alexis )

thiago was okay, made few good passes, missed a great chance, he was too relaxed imo, acted like he is already a star

song was extremely good, so good that me and basically every other fan isnt very sure that busquets is locked for the first team ( both are top 10 DMs in the world right now if not top 5... god dammit even Masche can play DM... oh man feels good )

Tello also scored few minutes after he got in the game... his potential is huge, i really disliked him in both El Clasicos last year when he couldnt dribble past Arbeloa, but with some playing time he will get only better... IF we get Neymar this summer i think it will be smart to loan him to some middle-tier spanish team or to portugal or holland where he will get playing time

villa also finally scored after 3 months i think, the joy on his face and the faces of everyone at the club was amazing... definitely made my day... if villa gets back to his euro08 form, just get out of the way lol

the defense was stellar, puyol-pique-adriano-alba is probably our best defensive lineup right now... alba made a mistake for the getafe goal though, he was pissed after that because the defense was a clear 10 till then... alves played one half, and im not sure who is the better player right now between adriano and alves... i guess we will see in the upcoming games against milan and madrid

and last but not least, Don Andres Iniesta, what to say for this man that hasnt been said... dont really have any words... god dammit.. if you say he is the best player in the world, i wont argue man even though im the biggest messi fan... yeah he is that good.

good luck milan, you will need it even more than chelsea had it last year.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #3728
alenleomessi

super mario scores again

3 goals in 2 matches already
Old 02-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #3729
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

As of right now I dont ever see him being able to get to that Messi, Cristiano, Zizi, Maradona level

CRon is not on the level with those other 3.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #3730
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
super mario scores again

3 goals in 2 matches already

nice to get a point but leaving points on the table vs. Cagliari is a bit disappointing.

It is a shame we don't have Mario vs. Barca
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #3731
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
So can Bale.
I also think Rooney at his best is better, but right now Rooney is not at his best, while Bale is. And thats why i said right now Bale is the best.

He is leading a Tottenham team to wins without any stars really, while players like Silva, Mata, Kun, Cazorla have much better talent but dont really do well.

You know who is the closest to Bale right now in England? Jack Wilshere.

Bale can't play as a striker and AVB tried him in that role during the summer, just didn't work. He's a phenomenal winger though

Rooney has better vision than Bale and he has the ability to have the offense run through him. Bale does have a wicked cross but I don't think he has the vision of Rooney or the ability to pass like he does.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #3732
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Bale can dominate games at a higher level then Rooney can, and Bale does it more consistently.

Without Bale Tottenham are like 10th in the table, Man Utd is still good without Rooney
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #3733
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
simply a domination especially in last 30 minutes of the game...

messi was good as always, had 3-4 good chances, hit the post once, and basically was the main reason for the 5th goal by iniesta ( dribbled few players before getting stopped by the last two players but iniesta was right there to score )

alexis was surprisingly good, finally scored a goal in la liga after like 8 months or something, he made 2 chances out of nothing ( one was when messi hit the post, and one when thiago got his shot blocked by the defender 5-6 feet from the goal - goalie was already tricked by alexis )

thiago was okay, made few good passes, missed a great chance, he was too relaxed imo, acted like he is already a star

song was extremely good, so good that me and basically every other fan isnt very sure that busquets is locked for the first team ( both are top 10 DMs in the world right now if not top 5... god dammit even Masche can play DM... oh man feels good )

Tello also scored few minutes after he got in the game... his potential is huge, i really disliked him in both El Clasicos last year when he couldnt dribble past Arbeloa, but with some playing time he will get only better... IF we get Neymar this summer i think it will be smart to loan him to some middle-tier spanish team or to portugal or holland where he will get playing time

villa also finally scored after 3 months i think, the joy on his face and the faces of everyone at the club was amazing... definitely made my day... if villa gets back to his euro08 form, just get out of the way lol

the defense was stellar, puyol-pique-adriano-alba is probably our best defensive lineup right now... alba made a mistake for the getafe goal though, he was pissed after that because the defense was a clear 10 till then... alves played one half, and im not sure who is the better player right now between adriano and alves... i guess we will see in the upcoming games against milan and madrid

and last but not least, Don Andres Iniesta, what to say for this man that hasnt been said... dont really have any words... god dammit.. if you say he is the best player in the world, i wont argue man even though im the biggest messi fan... yeah he is that good.

good luck milan, you will need it even more than chelsea had it last year.
No way Milan wins..
Old 02-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #3734
The GM
#ballislife

The GM is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
someone is out of place in there... put THE ronaldo and its right.

Quote:
CRon is not on the level with those other 3.

I'm a Cristiano detractor but even I don't have enough hate to deny how great this guy has been especially over the past 3-4 years. At his current rate he will go down as one of the top 5-10 best players to ever play football, like him or not. Put him in damn near any other generation and he would be the undisputed best player in the world. I feel dirty even defending this guy but you have to learn to appreciate what he and Messi are doing at the moment cause we probably will never see dominance like this ever again.
The GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #3735
b1imtf
raep tiem

Quote:
I'm a Cristiano detractor but even I don't have enough hate to deny how great this guy has been especially over the past 3-4 years. At his current rate he will go down as one of the top 5-10 best players to ever play football, like him or not. Put him in damn near any other generation and he would be the undisputed best player in the world. I feel dirty even defending this guy but you have to learn to appreciate what he and Messi are doing at the moment cause we probably will never see dominance like this ever again.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: