Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-11-2013, 08:34 PM   #3766
The GM
#ballislife

Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
Please do not call yourself a Barcelona fan if you think C.R is a better player than Ronaldinho. Thats just embarrassing.

I hope this is just trying to respect the opponent and deep inside you dont feel this way, but if you really do then i dont really know what to say... Barca is a big club for more than 100 years but they wouldnt have been the barca we know today if it wasnt for Ronnie... he changed the culture, he made us popular, he made us exciting, he won the fans. Why do you think there are so many Barca fans?

Embarrassing? Really? For all the good Dinho did, you can't ignore the bad either. He was a big off the field distraction which effected him on the pitch down the road which led to his dismissal from the club, if he was more of a professional he could have very well become the greatest player of all time with all the talent he had, shit we all saw it week in and week out at the Cam Nou. Dinho's prime was 4 years, it was one of the greatest stretches for a player ever but if you look at it in the grand scheme of things that isn't a long time of peak level production.

I'd give CR the edge due to his consistency over the course of his career & the fact he can do everything on the pitch Dinho could do (though Dinho was superior play-maker and a better free-kick taker) plus with CR you don't have the distractions that come with Dinho and the injury concerns either. We are going on 6 years deep into Cristiano's prime already..

Last edited by The GM : 02-11-2013 at 08:40 PM.
The GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #3767
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Cristiano could do everything Dhino could?

I'm dying

Dhino could do anything with the ball - In his prime men were lining up to get beaten. Ronaldo does a couple step overs and wins a corner if he doesn't lose it....maybe sends in a cross. Dhino would carve up your entire squad effortlessly.

Last edited by Rubio2Gasol : 02-11-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #3768
The GM
#ballislife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
Cristiano could do everything Dhino could?

I'm dying

What can't he do? I wanna hear this..
Old 02-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #3769
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GM
What can't he do? I wanna hear this..

I want to hear what he can do at an entire level first?

Score.

Care to add anything to the list?
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #3770
The GM
#ballislife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
I want to hear what he can do at an entire level first?

Score.

Care to add anything to the list?

Score yes, that's a broad statement though. There any many different ways to do so that everyone can't do as in free kicks, left foot/right foot, headers, from distance & penalties which he has all of those on lock. He can also carve up opposing defenses via tricks or pace (if you say he can't you don't watch games) and he can playmake though it comes in spurts and maybe not as often as people would like. The only real negatives to his game is he dives alot, he doesn't defend, he disappears in some big games & he's not Leo Messi.

Last edited by The GM : 02-11-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:04 AM   #3771
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

And which of those things Ronnie couldnt do?

And you are telling me about off court stuff like CR hasnt done them... are you serious.. he is all over the news every month.. whether with his gf, whether he made a kid somewhere, whether he was at some club...

What are you trying to prove here really... but hear this, if it wasnt for Ronnie, you wouldnt have that guy on your avy now... wanna know why?
well because he wouldnt have been this good now, thats why
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:07 AM   #3772
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WELcgMSeCI

shame on you the gm
Old 02-12-2013, 06:26 AM   #3773
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

CR7 is clearly an all time great. His team would be nothing without him and he's probably the most complete player in history.

There is no doubt that he would dominate any era the past greats have played in.

Just a physical specimen with fantastic ability.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #3774
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

Also, I don't like the idea of Messi being on steroids or performance enhancing drugs. For a majority of his life, he was taking growth hormones to help his growth.

That is not a natural athlete but a manufactured player.

I had more skills than some basketball players in the NBA but I am not tall enough to make the team. Does that mean I am an all time great? If it wasn't for growth hormones, Messi doesn't make the team.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:34 AM   #3775
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89
Came in this thread only to see this bozo trash the top 5 player of all time.

World Cup, Euro Cup, World Cup finalist, Uefa Champions League( Madrid ),Uefa Champions League finalist ( Juventus), Seria A titles, La Liga titles.

What do they all have in common?

In all of them he was the main man
. Not to mention his wonderful technique, crazy passing, crazy shots with both feet and leadership.

Zidane is one of the best players of all time there is no doubt about it.

Bullshit , he has been the man once and that was in 2006. Players like Makalele, Thuram ,Ronaldo ,Raul , Hierro , Casillas, Djorkaeff, Henry,Dechamps, Desailly, etc have been equally as important as Zidane both for national team and club in their sucsess.

I think through his trickery, the 2 goals in the 1998 wc final and the volley in the 2002 final he earned this legendary status. other than that he didnt do too much. the media, fifa and fans have mistakenly given him more praise than he deserves. I dont think he deserves to have 3 world player of the year awards, just one for 1998 for making the cl final and winning the world cup. in 2000 and 2003 it was his repuation than won it. france won euro and madrid won the league and there wasnt too much to choose from.

Last edited by Mr Clutch Melo : 02-12-2013 at 06:38 AM.
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:37 AM   #3776
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Quote:
umm yeah

Coming from a United fan. This is the all-time GOAT premiership strikers

1.Henry
2.Drogba
3.Cantona
4.Owen
5. Shearer
Old 02-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #3777
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
Coming from a United fan. This is the all-time GOAT premiership strikers

1.Henry
2.Drogba
3.Cantona
4.Owen
5. Shearer
Look man, iwas talking about a f*cking peak ( 3-4 years ) cant you f*cking read?

anyway drogba shouldnt be on the list whether its about peak or career, have you heard of dennis bergkamp?

and you was around 5 years old when Cantona played for United anyway, so dont give me that im a united fan shit anyway...

and yeah so was i, but its not only my opinion, look at all the united and premiership awards, cantona pretty much owns them all ( lately though they gave them to giggs as a lifetime achievement )
Old 02-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #3778
plowking
well DENG

Quote:
anyway drogba shouldnt be on the list whether its about peak or career, have you heard of dennis bergkamp?

Seriously. Stop posting.

You're an idiot.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #3779
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Quote:
Look man, iwas talking about a f*cking peak ( 3-4 years ) cant you f*cking read?

and you was around 5 years old when Cantona played for United anyway, so dont give me that im a united fan shit anyway...

and yeah so was i, but its not only my opinion, look at all the united and premiership awards, cantona pretty much owns them all ( lately though they gave them to giggs as a lifetime achievement )

The level of retardness here is skyhigh. Drogba has dominated the Premier League AND Champions League in a way both Bergkamp and Cantona could not even dream of. Bergkamp and to a lesser extent Cantona have not carried teams at times like Drogba has done.

Hold up ; You're a fan of Barcelona,Bayern Munich , United , Arsenal and Juventus ? GTFO fool
Old 02-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #3780
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:

stop making shit up you macedonian piece of shit bandwagon shit stain.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: