Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #3961
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1imtf
Am I the only one who thinks Ronaldinho should, at least, be in the GOAT conversations? I mean, he's the best I've ever seen...

Its talks like this that make him so overrated. He wasn't even the best of his time, or close.

As for that board of players, am I the only one that seems to think Iniesta impacts the game far more than Xavi ever did? I realize Iniesta plays a position that demands more of the attention in terms of glory and stats, but to me it isn't questionable who the better player is.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:53 AM   #3962
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Its talks like this that make him so overrated. He wasn't even the best of his time, or close.

As for that board of players, am I the only one that seems to think Iniesta impacts the game far more than Xavi ever did? I realize Iniesta plays a position that demands more of the attention in terms of glory and stats, but to me it isn't questionable who the better player is.
He wasnt the best of his time? Then how did he win fifa player of the year twice in 2004 and 2005? Who was better than him in those years? Not one even came close. Fact.
American ignorant moron.

And no you are not the only one who thinks Iniesta impacts the game more than Xavi. Thats pretty much what everyone says. Are you living in a cave in some some american village?
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:39 AM   #3963
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Garbage list.

Zidane should be on GOAT list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Those guys on GOAT list would look pedestrian against players of today's era. Imagine a freak like Cristiano playing in those era. He would be averaging a hat trick every game.

Yeah great way to evaluate players from different eras.
By the same logic, you should rank - say - Giovinco (just to mention an average player with above average speed) above Puskas or Di Stefano. Brilliant.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #3964
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
He wasnt the best of his time? Then how did he win fifa player of the year twice in 2004 and 2005? Who was better than him in those years? Not one even came close. Fact.
American ignorant moron.

And no you are not the only one who thinks Iniesta impacts the game more than Xavi. Thats pretty much what everyone says. Are you living in a cave in some some american village?
Do you agree with what I said?
b1imtf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #3965
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
American ignorant moron.

I don't live in America you little Macedonian slut. I'm a Croatian living in Australia. Both my countries shit on yours when it comes to soccer.

And no, Ronaldinho is one of the most overrated players of all time. Zidane was still a better player, and I would have taken several others for those years you mentioned. Henry for example, who was dominating the English league at the time it was at its best.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #3966
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1imtf
Do you agree with what I said?
prime wise yes, but career and achievements wise no.. 2 fifa awards, one WC ( not even a top 3 player for his country in 2002 ) and one CL is not enough to be in the same tier with Messi, Maradona, Pele and Cruyyf.

If anyone The Ronaldo should be in the GOAT list alongside those 4. He had it all, every sport fan, ex-player, sport news reporter thought that he would be the GOAT after those two spectacular seasons he had in 1996 with Barca and the next one with Inter ( won the FIFA award both those years with only 20 years, youngest winner ever, held pretty much every goalscoring record for Barca until of course Messi broke em ).. was voted 3rd ( i think ) in the award in 1998 but thats mainly because he disappeared in the WC final against France ( its still a mystery what happened that day, mainly its said that he had an injury and doctors told him not to play but he refused, but who knows ).. and after that injuries just kept coming and coming.. he gained some weight.. started dating supermodels, going to night clubs all the time, basically the typical story of a brazilian star ( kaka is the exception lol ) ... and this is where the GOAT talks ended, but he still came back strong in WC 2002, showed us that he is still by far the best player in the world, broke the WC record for most goals, was a danger everytime he touched the ball ( think messi with range )

You think C.R. is famous? You have no idea how famous The Ronaldo was. EVERYBODY loved him. You were not cool as a kid if you didnt rock the famous Ronaldo hairstyle ( which was awful btw but who cares i was 9 ). When he joined Madrid for a record transfer fee, the world was in delirium. His jerseys sales broke all records. Everybody bought his jersey. Doesnt matter what team they cheered for. There was so much hype. I remember he was injured and everybody was expecting for his debut which happened 2 months into the season i think, he came on as a sub against Alaves ( which was a good team then, few seasons before that they played against Liverpool in the Uefa cup final, lost on penalties i think )... oh yeah he came on as a sub and scored two goals, everyone went nuts, everyone was obsessed with him. Those were the days.
Then this other brazilian came on the scene, and his ridiculous tricks made me and millions other kids hop on his nuts. Me and those millions kids are now a die-hard Barca fans.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #3967
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think no serious football fan would rank CR over Ronaldo The Phenomenon in an all time list.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #3968
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I think no serious football fan would rank CR over Ronaldo The Phenomenon in an all time list.

Big CR fan but this should be pretty obvious to every football fan, not only the serious ones.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #3969
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
prime wise yes, but career and achievements wise no.. 2 fifa awards, one WC ( not even a top 3 player for his country in 2002 ) and one CL is not enough to be in the same tier with Messi, Maradona, Pele and Cruyyf.

If anyone The Ronaldo should be in the GOAT list alongside those 4. He had it all, every sport fan, ex-player, sport news reporter thought that he would be the GOAT after those two spectacular seasons he had in 1996 with Barca and the next one with Inter ( won the FIFA award both those years with only 20 years, youngest winner ever, held pretty much every goalscoring record for Barca until of course Messi broke em ).. was voted 3rd ( i think ) in the award in 1998 but thats mainly because he disappeared in the WC final against France ( its still a mystery what happened that day, mainly its said that he had an injury and doctors told him not to play but he refused, but who knows ).. and after that injuries just kept coming and coming.. he gained some weight.. started dating supermodels, going to night clubs all the time, basically the typical story of a brazilian star ( kaka is the exception lol ) ... and this is where the GOAT talks ended, but he still came back strong in WC 2002, showed us that he is still by far the best player in the world, broke the WC record for most goals, was a danger everytime he touched the ball ( think messi with range )

You think C.R. is famous? You have no idea how famous The Ronaldo was. EVERYBODY loved him. You were not cool as a kid if you didnt rock the famous Ronaldo hairstyle ( which was awful btw but who cares i was 9 ). When he joined Madrid for a record transfer fee, the world was in delirium. His jerseys sales broke all records. Everybody bought his jersey. Doesnt matter what team they cheered for. There was so much hype. I remember he was injured and everybody was expecting for his debut which happened 2 months into the season i think, he came on as a sub against Alaves ( which was a good team then, few seasons before that they played against Liverpool in the Uefa cup final, lost on penalties i think )... oh yeah he came on as a sub and scored two goals, everyone went nuts, everyone was obsessed with him. Those were the days.
Then this other brazilian came on the scene, and his ridiculous tricks made me and millions other kids hop on his nuts. Me and those millions kids are now a die-hard Barca fans.
Yes, I was talking about prime. I remeber, although no too well, some moments from Ronaldo's prime... Like in the 2002 World cup, I was only 6, but I recall some of the goals and the hairstyle you talked about... I even had a Ronaldo jersey from that year
b1imtf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #3970
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

Quote:

When Barca were at their peak Xavi impacted the game more than anyone else, including Messi and Iniesta. He is the system - their style and it's effectiveness is built around his ability to manipulate space and read the game.

He is the maestro, the best game dictating midfielder to exist, in every final he's played in he's made the opposition look obsoloete. I'm far from his biggest fan, he's predictable, meticulous, not vibrant enough and not adaptive enough for me personally, but when you talk of modern Barcelona, he should be the person that comes to mind.

Unfortunately instead it will be Messi, which is deserved in it's own right, but still unfortunate.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #3971
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

Quote:

When Barca were at their peak Xavi impacted the game more than anyone else, including Messi and Iniesta. He is the system - their style and it's effectiveness is built around his ability to manipulate space and read the game.

He is the maestro, the best game dictating midfielder to exist, in every final he's played in he's made the opposition look obsoloete. I'm far from his biggest fan, he's predictable, meticulous, not vibrant enough and not adaptive enough for me personally, but when you talk of modern Barcelona, he should be the person that comes to mind. Messi and Iniesta were merely actors under his direction.

Unfortunately instead it will be Messi, which is deserved in it's own right, but still unfortunate.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #3972
brownmamba00
Cali Love

brownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this board

lol@prime ronaldinho not being the best player in the world

he's the most skilled player of all time PERIOD
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #3973
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol

He is the maestro, the best game dictating midfielder to exist, in every final he's played in he's made the opposition look obsoloete. I'm far from his biggest fan, he's predictable, meticulous, not vibrant enough and not adaptive enough for me personally, but when you talk of modern Barcelona, he should be the person that comes to mind. Messi and Iniesta were merely actors under his direction.

I agree on Xavi's relevance/impact to Barca's style, BUT...
Even if Xavi impacts games more than Iniesta, you can find someone to replace him and still have more or less the same impact (prime Pirlo for one surely would). Iniesta, instead, is a unique type of player. Who plays like him? Borja Valero is very similar but he lacks the range. Off the top of my head I cannot think of anyone.
In this sense Iniesta has been more important for Barca because you cannot find anyone else who is able to do all the things he does and how he does them.
And that's also why in my mind Iniesta is a tad higher than Xavi in an all time ranking.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #3974
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I agree on Xavi's relevance/impact to Barca's style, BUT...
Even if Xavi impacts games more than Iniesta, you can find someone to replace him and still have more or less the same impact (prime Pirlo for one surely would). Iniesta, instead, is a unique type of player. Who plays like him? Borja Valero is very similar but he lacks the range. Off the top of my head I cannot think of anyone.
In this sense Iniesta has been more important for Barca because you cannot find anyone else who is able to do all the things he does and how he does them.
And that's also why in my mind Iniesta is a tad higher than Xavi in an all time ranking.
Iniesta is a (significantly) better Laudrup. His style reminds me so much of him. As for who's higher in all time rankings, I wouldn't know, nor do I care about such things. All I know is it'll be a sad day for football when either one retires.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #3975
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Iniesta is a (significantly) better Laudrup. His style reminds me so much of him. As for who's higher in all time rankings, I wouldn't know, nor do I care about such things. All I know is it'll be a sad day for football when either one retires.

Come to think of it, we already spoke about this and you mentioned Laudrup some time ago. Technically I agree they look very similar, but tactically Laudrup was surely more offensive.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: