Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #4051
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
You know you can accept that head to head, Chelsea probably wouldn't be picked over any other CL champion and at the same time support the fact that they earned their title, right? lol

Asking what that makes of Barca and Bayern of last season is beyond the point. Chelsea on paper last season was closer to the level of Porto's title team than any of the CL greats. This can be admitted by Chelsea fans without qualifying their answer, right? lol

You clearly don't know much if you think we are in fact the worst ever.

We aren't the most talented team ever to win it, but the fact you took my reply as completely serious when responding to alenleomessi is hilarious in itself. I support my team, and I don't have any disillusions about how good we were or are at the moment.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #4052
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
This is really stupid.

If it succeeds you can say it was an appropriate tactic or it was effective. But success don't change the tactics themselves, they are inherently what they are - negative.

Negative simply means backfoot, attempting to negate the opposition. Positive means being assertive, attempting to break down the opposition. It's not a criticism of the tactics themselves....negative/prositive, they both applicable based on context and opposition....but they are what they are.
How come when Italy does it and win world cups it is praised for discipline and tactics and teamwork, when chelsea does it it is negative fluke tactics

Drogba made Puyol, Pique and Mascherano shit their pants and piss down their legs in fear every time a long ball came near them. One man basically did the offensive work of Barcelona's entire attack

It's not Chelsea's fault that one attacker is enough to destroy Barcelona. It's not chelsea's fault that when the ref gifts barcelona a bullshit penalty for a Fabregas dive in the box where he WASN'T EVEN TOUCHED by a chelsea player, and Messi missed it. It's not Chelsea's fault that Barca's defense is so shit they let Fernando Torres run half the field at goal completely unopposed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlmknoeyk3g
Look at this cheating scum bag team. Fabregas was not touched at all and he flops to the floor, ref points to the spot no questions asked. They can't win fairly so they resort to cheating, the ref coddles them, gives them fake penalties and still they lose. They deserved to be sent out of the tournament infront of their own fans, and to be humiliated by that Torres goal.

Last edited by Nick Young : 04-01-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #4053
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

Calm down, I'm not praising Barca here, and not praising Italy. Did someone say Canteanaccio was positive? I didn't. I mean Cantenaccio was still their style, they did it all day everyday , not just against teams they didn't think they could win against without it.

But it was still inherently negative.

People think I'm criticizing Chelsea..I'm not. I said one thing that could be conceived as criticism - but it ain't. Negative tactics were the best tactics Chelsea could use, I'm not blaming them.

I heard enough of Barca fans nonsense about that.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #4054
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Calm down, I'm not praising Barca here, and not praising Italy. Did someone say Canteanaccio was positive? I didn't. I mean Cantenaccio was still their style, they did it all day everyday , not just against teams they didn't think they could win against without it.

But it was still inherently negative.

People think I'm criticizing Chelsea..I'm not. I said one thing that could be conceived as criticism - but it ain't. Negative tactics were the best tactics Chelsea could use, I'm not blaming them.

I heard enough of Barca fans nonsense about that.

Tactical flexibility and versatility and the ability to play multiple tactical systems well enough to win the best club trophy in Europe, each tactic suited to the current opponent should be applauded, not frowned upon

Why is it a "negative tactic" when it wins? To me, Barcelona d*cking around with the ball passing back and fourth in midfield for 5 minutes at a time without getting within 30 yards of goal, only to end up with a slow throughball into Petr Cech's arms is not a "positive tactic". It is tactically naive and stupid and foolish to keep trying the same thing over and over when clearly it's not working, and also it is foolish and stupid to not have a plan B. Why is Barcelona's one-dimensionality applauded?

Why is passing back and fourth at the half way line for 5 minutes when your team needs a goal to advance in a tournament considered exciting attacking football?
Old 04-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #4055
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
This is really stupid.

If it succeeds you can say it was an appropriate tactic or it was effective. But success don't change the tactics themselves, they are inherently what they are - negative.

Negative simply means backfoot, attempting to negate the opposition. Positive means being assertive, attempting to break down the opposition. It's not a criticism of the tactics themselves....negative/prositive, they both applicable based on context and opposition....but they are what they are.
No tactic is so simple as you described and could only be categorized in those 2 you named/completely made up in thin air "negatives/positive" Do you even know what negate even means? The bold you said could be considered negating/Nullifying. Every team who tries to win a game in the history of football does what you just said in "attempting to negate the opposition". Try to make sense and not make shit up like a retard.

Last edited by BrickingStar : 04-01-2013 at 05:46 PM.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #4056
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
we won 4-2 on aggregate, how is that 2cm? its not like we won on penalties or something. we dominated when it mattered.

my predictions have not been horrible. except for the clippers beating spurs ( which i unfortunately made a thread about it ) all the other have been pretty good actually. there is not search function so i cant prove it, but neither can you.

Well of course i do, life continues, new season new hopes, and works for me since barca doesnt lose every season ;)

2 cm away : as in , Niang would make that shot instead of hitting the post and Barcelona would be now gone fishing.

Stop talking and watch the results.

You cannot predict the future and yet you act for a good while now like Barca has won it.
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #4057
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
No tactic is so simple as you described and could only be categorized in those 2 you named/completely made up in thin air "negatives/positive" Do you even know what negate even means? The bold you said could be considered negating/Nullifying. Every team who tries to win a game in the history of football does what you just said in "attempting to negate the opposition". Try to make sense and not make shit up like a retard.
Negative tactics are doing the same thing over and over and failing. Then when you realize it's not working, you start cheating and diving to win false penalties. Then when you win the false penalties, you send your leading goalscorer, the man called the best footballer in the world, to take it, the pressure gets to him, and he mentally melts down and blasts it off the top bar in front of his own fans and the entire world audience.

Those are negative tactics.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #4058
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here

Chelsea has the worst representation of fans on ISH than any other sports team including the Lakers.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #4059
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Quote:

If you as a team are largely asserting your style on a game then what are you doing? If you are largely sitting back and praying that the opposition's style won't break you down, what are you doing? You make up your own name for it. There was a clear duality in the tactics, of both teams, one was attempting to dictate the game, one was trying to survive it.

So you call it what you want, My team has employed such tactics before and where I am from, they are negative. You label them whatever you desire..they will mean the same thing. Do teams attempt to nullify each other I suppose - but when a team employs such tactics it's pretty clear one team is exerting the pressure and one team is attempting to survive it. The difference was enough to make generalizations.

So I don't even need to get caught up arguing logistics.

You always have a problem with my word choice, watch some football, learn the game, then maybe you can have a comeback not involving semantics,syntax and diction. Maybe you can actually show how the tactic wasn't to sit back but to encourage gaps in defense to develop, how space opened up behind the defense due to the success of these tactics making them a functional part of attack.

Obviously you can't because you're too smart....you're more interested in arguing than arguing football.

You said something fundamentally retarded. The result determines whether the tactics were positive or negative? So for 90 minutes during the game what were that tactics? I guess they were undefined seeing as they only a derivative of the result.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #4060
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Ok whatever, CL is here tomorrow ( or today here ) and Chelsea is not in it anymore so dont mention them again.

Sucks that psg-barca and bayern-juve will be in the same day
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #4061
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
A bunch of garbage aka I don't what the fuvk I'm saying
What a bunch of garbage, you're the one trying to claim what tactics a team is using from shit you're making up on the spot like it's a fact and not complete BS.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #4062
soadrules
Good High School Starter

soadrules has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
Chelsea has the worst representation of fans on ISH than any other sports team including the Lakers.

It's no coincidence that the Chelsea fans are the Lakers fans...
soadrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #4063
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Quote:
What a bunch of garbage, you're the one trying to claim what tactics a team is using from shit you're making up on the spot like it's a fact and not complete BS.

I have to improvise to explain basic shit actual football fans understand to idiots such as yourself.

Crying about negative tactics like you never heard the phrase used. There is general consensus that Chelsea sat back and defended...but you cry about the denotation and connotation of the word negative.

Last edited by Rubio2Gasol : 04-01-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #4064
soadrules
Good High School Starter

soadrules has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
^^ haha this clown is back on his troll game...

They win one game and suddenly Chelsea is going to be back next year.

Classic NickYoung
soadrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #4065
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by soadrules
It's no coincidence that the Chelsea fans are the Lakers fans...
Whoa, calm down there
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: