Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-02-2013, 06:51 AM   #4066
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
I have to improvise to explain basic shit actual football fans understand to idiots such as yourself.

Crying about negative tactics like you never heard the phrase used. There is general consensus that Chelsea sat back and defended...but you cry about the denotation and connotation of the word negative.
What is it called when Barcelona d*ck around with the ball at the half way line with back and fourth sideways passes for five minute stretches at a time? Isn't that just BS scared and timid defensiveness, especially when they need a goal to advance in the tournament and time is running out?

What is it called when you get beat by Anelka and then stop the ball with your hands in the penalty box? What's it called when you dive in the box pretending you were tackled when no opposing player touched you and you win a penalty? Are those positive or negative tactics?

Last edited by Nick Young : 04-02-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #4067
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
I have to improvise to explain basic shit actual football fans understand to idiots such as yourself.

Crying about negative tactics like you never heard the phrase used. There is general consensus that Chelsea sat back and defended...but you cry about the denotation and connotation of the word negative.

You are using wrong/simplified terminology, but it doesn't matter brother.

Everybody who has actually been involved with the sport themselves understands what you mean when you said they employed negative tactics. It's the charm of cup football that this can be succesful. Every single cup tournament there are less talented teams that win rounds utilizing the panic defense tactic. It happens in this sport.

But you can't tell these fools nothing. Explaining football beyond simple statistics and outcomes to some of these posters is like explaining algebra to a 5 year old. They simply don't have the base to understand it, even if it seems like a very basic observation to anyone with experience in the sport.

Last edited by LJJ : 04-02-2013 at 08:29 AM.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #4068
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Manchester United without Webb=6th place at best.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #4069
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ownage
I just re-read what blablabla wrote and I meant that he is top 2 in England, but definitely not in the world. Still has got a while to go before he can even think about reaching there.

Bale has been in amazing form since the beginning of 2013, but not that great before that.
He reminds me a lot of Robben, amazing left foot great speed and when on form and given enough space to work with he can destroy any opposition by himself. The Problem remains his lack of consistency and like Robben he is too selfish, he'd be a lot better if he didn't look for the shot every time he got the ball. Suarez and RVP are clearly more complete and also smarter players.
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #4070
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

any ipad friendly websites that stream tommorows game? im trying to watch it during class but usual stream sites dont work on my ipad
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #4071
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
What is it called when Barcelona d*ck around with the ball at the half way line with back and fourth sideways passes for five minute stretches at a time? Isn't that just BS scared and timid defensiveness, especially when they need a goal to advance in the tournament and time is running out?

What is it called when you get beat by Anelka and then stop the ball with your hands in the penalty box? What's it called when you dive in the box pretending you were tackled when no opposing player touched you and you win a penalty? Are those positive or negative tactics?

You'd never sit down and watch a game with him and argue the same way. Because he's not saying anything special. You know what negative tactics means. If you want you can say Chelsea parked the bus. It's the same thing.

BTW, stopping the ball with your hand...I assume you're talking about the Pique handball. That was clearly unintentional and no one got beat. But, it should absolutely have been a penalty. 100%. Of course, the red card to Abidal a few minutes before should never have happened. Also, Ballack also had a clear handball on the edge of the box that was never called and never talked about it, because it wasn't in the open. Also, the Dani Alves foul happened outside the box and there is no argument for that being a penalty. Also, I really hope you wouldn't argue for a handball against Eto'o, as he turned and the ball went between his shoulder and his back. Lastly, that wasn't a penalty in the first half.

What I'm trying to say is that this argument that Chelsea were robbed always bothers me. Not because it's been so long but because all those things looked a lot worse than they were. The only missed call was the Pique handball, which came after the Abidal red card that should never have been.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #4072
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
Bale has been in amazing form since the beginning of 2013, but not that great before that.
He reminds me a lot of Robben, amazing left foot great speed and when on form and given enough space to work with he can destroy any opposition by himself. The Problem remains his lack of consistency and like Robben he is too selfish, he'd be a lot better if he didn't look for the shot every time he got the ball. Suarez and RVP are clearly more complete and also smarter players.
Wow you sound like someone who doesn't watch Tottenham play at all.

Every single game Bale puts in a ton of brilliant crosses that his team can't finish off. You are calling him selfish because he scores alot of goals, but if you actually watched him play you'd see he is a true team player.

His decision making is brilliant, as seen by the fact that his crosses are nearly always perfectly on target and put in to the best place for his teammates to score, not his fault Defoe and Adebayor aren't good enough to exploit his passing.

Maybe if he played on a team with Higuain and Benzema this selfish label, which btw you're the only person Ive seen call him selfish, would go away.
He is the best crosser in the world.

He is also consistent now, instead of 3-4 brilliant games in a row, he is playing well every single game now.

He doesnt look for a shot every time he gets the ball, seems like you hardly ever watch Gareth Bale play

Last edited by Nick Young : 04-02-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #4073
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Manchester United without Webb=6th place at best.

Stop saying this. United are winners. You know why? Your team has a bunch of issues, starting with your owner. Wenger should be fired. He's almost betrayed his team with his hypocrisy. And Manchester City are coached by Mancini. They won last year, like I thought they would, because they had a great team. They didn't win this year, like I knew they wouldn't, because he was their manager. I thought they'd finish in 3rd, because of how much he sucks, but Chelsea are a disappointment and Arsene has become a terrible manager. I thought he'd recover this year and he didn't. But City being 15 points behind a United team that still isn't that good is the equivalent of them finishing in 3rd.

Point is that United won because they're well-coached, they're a machine, they play for each other...and the teams that should place ahead are screwed up thru their coaching. I know it's fun to downplay the opposition (especially United) but credit needs to be given.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #4074
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
You'd never sit down and watch a game with him and argue the same way. Because he's not saying anything special. You know what negative tactics means. If you want you can say Chelsea parked the bus. It's the same thing.

BTW, stopping the ball with your hand...I assume you're talking about the Pique handball. That was clearly unintentional and no one got beat. But, it should absolutely have been a penalty. 100%. Of course, the red card to Abidal a few minutes before should never have happened. Also, Ballack also had a clear handball on the edge of the box that was never called and never talked about it, because it wasn't in the open. Also, the Dani Alves foul happened outside the box and there is no argument for that being a penalty. Also, I really hope you wouldn't argue for a handball against Eto'o, as he turned and the ball went between his shoulder and his back. Lastly, that wasn't a penalty in the first half.

What I'm trying to say is that this argument that Chelsea were robbed always bothers me. Not because it's been so long but because all those things looked a lot worse than they were. The only missed call was the Pique handball, which came after the Abidal red card that should never have been.

Eto'o handball at the end was clear.

Malouda was in the box when Alves threw him to the ground, and it's a freekick awarded outside the box

Yaya and Abidal were pulling Drogba's shirt all game long and weren't getting yellows, before the red card, one of them should have already been off for 2 yellows from Drogba shirt pulls.

Stop trying to rewrite history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVWNbD0pu9M

WATCH THE VIDEO. Malouda has both feet inside the box, and Alves only begins throwing him to the floor with both arms once he's in the box. How is that a "Foul that occurred outside the box"?

In the 95th minute, Eto'o raises his arm, and blocks the shot with his raised arm. It's not like he had no chance to get out of the way. His arm shouldn't even be there. Penalty 100% of the time and impossible to argue.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #4075
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:

Eto'o handball at the end was clear.

Malouda was in the box when Alves threw him to the ground, and it's a freekick awarded outside the box

Yaya and Abidal were pulling Drogba's shirt all game long and weren't getting yellows, before the red card, one of them should have already been off for 2 yellows from Drogba shirt pulls.

Stop trying to rewrite history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVWNbD0pu9M

WATCH THE VIDEO. Malouda has both feet inside the box, and Alves only begins throwing him to the floor with both arms once he's in the box. How is that a "Foul that occurred outside the box"?

In the 95th minute, Eto'o raises his arm, and blocks the shot with his raised arm. It's not like he had no chance to get out of the way. His arm shouldn't even be there. Penalty 100% of the time and impossible to argue.

I watched the game live. I was on fbtz and commented right after. After a while even got one Chelsea fan to agree with everything I said, tho he hates discussing it. I'll watch it again for you.

The Alves play happened outside the box...that it continued into the box means nothing. It wasn't a new play. It's awarding the advantage and the player then never getting an advantage. No, that's not a penalty. Had Malouda pulled away and Alves hit him with a new foul then that's something else. That isn't what happened tho. Alves was dumb to keep doing it but that doesn't mean it's a different foul.

They were pulling shirts the whole game...everyone does that. They were doing nothing out of the ordinary. Chelsea weren't exactly clean all game. You're acting like you were. Ballack had his own obvious handball. You're looking at it from your perspective. I like Barcelona. My favorite player played there. I was also rooting for them because THAT Barcelona team played great football and they needed to win. But they're not my team either.

But if you think the Eto'o play is a handball then we can't discuss anything. Even the most annoying Chelsea fans don't argue that. Never been a penalty in the history of life. Never a foul in the middle of the field. Never anything. If not for the accumulated feeling of being cheated then people wouldn't have paid any attention to it.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #4076
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
I watched the game live. I was on fbtz and commented right after. After a while even got one Chelsea fan to agree with everything I said, tho he hates discussing it. I'll watch it again for you.

The Alves play happened outside the box...that it continued into the box means nothing. It wasn't a new play. It's awarding the advantage and the player then never getting an advantage. No, that's not a penalty. Had Malouda pulled away and Alves hit him with a new foul then that's something else. That isn't what happened tho. Alves was dumb to keep doing it but that doesn't mean it's a different foul.

They were pulling shirts the whole game...everyone does that. They were doing nothing out of the ordinary. Chelsea weren't exactly clean all game. You're acting like you were. Ballack had his own obvious handball. You're looking at it from your perspective. I like Barcelona. My favorite player played there. I was also rooting for them because THAT Barcelona team played great football and they needed to win. But they're not my team either.

But if you think the Eto'o play is a handball then we can't discuss anything. Even the most annoying Chelsea fans don't argue that. Never been a penalty in the history of life. Never a foul in the middle of the field. Never anything. If not for the accumulated feeling of being cheated then people wouldn't have paid any attention to it.
Raising up your arm and blocking a shot with your raised arm is always a penalty, and it has always been in the history of the sport.

Shirt pulling all game? Chelsea wasn't doing it.

Alves throws Malouda down in the box, it's a penalty in the box. If ref waves on advantage, Malouda goes into the box and then gets downed by a flying karate kick, would it not be a penalty because there was a foul that happened earlier?

Read this article, it will enlighten you.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ampions-league
Quote:
In the dying moments of added time with Chelsea trying to save their Champions League life, they played a corner kick. The ball was headed up in the center and dropped to an unmarked Michael Ballack on the back side. The German stuck the ball beautifully on a full volley only to see it blocked by the back and left arm of Samuel Eto'o.

Analysis: In certain circumstances there is nothing wrong with a shot from point-blank range hitting a defender's arm. But Eto'o threw his left arm over his head in a clear attempt to make sure it didn't make it to goal. He could make an argument that he was protecting his face, but it would still be a penalty.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #4077
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Raising up your arm and blocking a shot with your raised arm is always a penalty, and it has always been in the history of the sport.

Shirt pulling all game? Chelsea wasn't doing it.

Alves throws Malouda down in the box, it's a penalty in the box. If ref waves on advantage, Malouda goes into the box and then gets downed by a flying karate kick, would it not be a penalty because there was a foul that happened earlier?

Read this article, it will enlighten you.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ampions-league

I just watched the video...that is not a penalty. We'll move on to the other ones.

The Anelka play is beyond a reach. That's not a penalty. The Drogba play, with Yaya, is not a penalty. The Drogba play with Abidal is not a penalty. It wasn't about a tug, it was about constant shirt-pulling. Is it stupid? Yes. Do I hate it? I'm a striker, so why wouldn't I? I also just don't like it. But penalties are not given out like that. No, what is a foul in the middle of the field is not a foul in your box. That was not a penalty.

The Malouda play...did someone karate kick him? It's the same foul, continuing on into the box. That's the point. It's not a new foul. By then, Malouda is also grabbing Alves...of course he is, Alves is fouling him so he's fighting back, like anyone should. Why is it a new foul and why, if it is a new foul, is Malouda's reaching not relevant? You can say that he's only doing it in reaction but then THAT part is not a foul. Point is, that's not a penalty. It wasn't at the time. Watching, I was scared that the ref was going to make a terrible call. It should never be a penalty. I read your article and I am not enlightened by it.

Also, how are you going to say that Chelsea weren't grabbing shirts? You remember Chelsea not grabbing? You're not acknowledging the clear hand ball on Ballack. I'm not hating, but these aren't penalties. The Drogba one wouldn't have been absolutely awful but it shouldn't be one. If Drogba wasn't so exaggerated then you wouldn't care as much...well, you might, but most people would not.

And for the record, I don't like Barcelona. You know why? Besides the atrocity that was the Cesc courtship and purchase, they're bitches. They preach great football but they do take cheap dives. They don't dive nearly as much as people suggest but they dive way too much for a team as snobbish as they are. They buy great talents and waste them (Sanchez), play them out of position and, even tho the guy ends up sucking, they think they've realized something brilliant (Mascherano as a CB = eww), they waste the best striker in the world (Villa)...but again, that's not even what I'm talking about here. They do dive too much, they go out of their way to keep their philosophy in tact and, when Pep was still there, cost themselves points in keeping that philosophy alive...yet, they still take cheap dives, as if that doesn't contradict said philosophy. The worst part is that their philosophy has gone away from possession, passing, creative and attacking football. What they do now is monopolize possession and they do it to the point that it's often negative. They can whine about teams parking the bus all they want, but when you play Messi in that role and play with no striker (tho lately they've been playing Villa in the middle...let's see that change when Tito is back) then it only invites parking the bus and it's the safe way to deal with it...just as Del Bosque takes the safe approach with the NT. So, I don't like them at all. I strongly dislike the team. Alves has become wasted, too. Xavi has settled for being a cog. Cesc is becoming a striker (the antithesis of good football).

But I'm not revising what I already believed and am right about. That game vs. Chelsea featured a lot of what I don't like about them, but you guys were not cheated. I'd also rather not talk about it anymore. This would go on forever and it'd get worse.

Also, I hate Busquets...definition of a front-runner.

Last edited by Whoah10115 : 04-02-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #4078
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
I just watched the video...that is not a penalty. We'll move on to the other ones.

The Anelka play is beyond a reach. That's not a penalty. The Drogba play, with Yaya, is not a penalty. The Drogba play with Abidal is not a penalty. It wasn't about a tug, it was about constant shirt-pulling. Is it stupid? Yes. Do I hate it? I'm a striker, so why wouldn't I? I also just don't like it. But penalties are not given out like that. No, what is a foul in the middle of the field is not a foul in your box. That was not a penalty.

The Malouda play...did someone karate kick him? It's the same foul, continuing on into the box. That's the point. It's not a new foul. By then, Malouda is also grabbing Alves...of course he is, Alves is fouling him so he's fighting back, like anyone should. Why is it a new foul and why, if it is a new foul, is Malouda's reaching not relevant? You can say that he's only doing it in reaction but then THAT part is not a foul. Point is, that's not a penalty. It wasn't at the time. Watching, I was scared that the ref was going to make a terrible call. It should never be a penalty. I read your article and I am not enlightened by it.

Also, how are you going to say that Chelsea weren't grabbing shirts? You remember Chelsea not grabbing? You're not acknowledging the clear hand ball on Ballack. I'm not hating, but these aren't penalties. The Drogba one wouldn't have been absolutely awful but it shouldn't be one. If Drogba wasn't so exaggerated then you wouldn't care as much...well, you might, but most people would not.

And for the record, I don't like Barcelona. You know why? Besides the atrocity that was the Cesc courtship and purchase, they're bitches. They preach great football but they do take cheap dives. They don't dive nearly as much as people suggest but they dive way too much for a team as snobbish as they are. They buy great talents and waste them (Sanchez), play them out of position and, even tho the guy ends up sucking, they think they've realized something brilliant (Mascherano as a CB = eww), they waste the best striker in the world (Villa)...but again, that's not even what I'm talking about here. They do dive too much, they go out of their way to keep their philosophy in tact and, when Pep was still there, cost themselves points in keeping that philosophy alive...yet, they still take cheap dives, as if that doesn't contradict said philosophy. The worst part is that their philosophy has gone away from possession, passing, creative and attacking football. What they do now is monopolize possession and they do it to the point that it's often negative. They can whine about teams parking the bus all they want, but when you play Messi in that role and play with no striker (tho lately they've been playing Villa in the middle...let's see that change when Tito is back) then it only invites parking the bus and it's the safe way to deal with it...just as Del Bosque takes the safe approach with the NT. So, I don't like them at all. I strongly dislike the team. Alves has become wasted, too. Xavi has settled for being a cog. Cesc is becoming a striker (the antithesis of good football).

But I'm not revising what I already believed and am right about. That game vs. Chelsea featured a lot of what I don't like about them, but you guys were not cheated. I'd also rather not talk about it anymore. This would go on forever and it'd get worse.

Also, I hate Busquets...definition of a front-runner.
Even the barca players admitted in interviews that Chelsea was cheated. You are in denial. Accept reality.

The malouda penalty isn't a penalty because contact started outside the box? GTFO
Old 04-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #4079
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

cant believe you fools are still arguing

game starts in 10min here is a awesome stream
http://popstreams.eu/stream3.html

alexis starts for barca again
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #4080
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Alaba has scored already
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: