Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2013, 08:01 AM   #4126
alenleomessi
.
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 16,351
alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
lol alen
Schweini has been a beast so far this season probably his best ever. And Kroos has been ineffective lately so his absence wont have much impact anyway. Bayerns showpiece this season has been their stellar defense with Dante and Lahm as the top performers and the defensive midfield with Martinez who has been excellent at tackling intercepting passes and retaining possesion and Schweini as the midfield motor and primarily as a play maker. They have become less depent on their individual offensive ability from mainly Robben or Ribery. Müller has probably been their best and most consistent offensive force despite his inability to create chances for himself. They are imo the favorite to win the champions league.
sure thats all great against teams like hamburg and freiburg.. when a good teams comes they have troubles. dortmund owned them for years.. they had troubles against arsenal.. i wont be surprised if they lose like 3-1 to juve and still go through... and they are the 3rd favorites after real and barca according to most betting sites
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #4127
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: swag
Posts: 15,251
Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Bayern's only weakness is mental, Schwieny and Robben have a history of missing big penalties, Robben of screwing up easy changes when it matters most, Gomez playing bad in big games and Kroos getting scared when it matters most. Only Muller has the clutch German mentality.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #4128
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
Xavi is getting old and injury prone. Kroos would be the perfect replacement.

Or another possibility is Cesc going back to Arsenal in exchange for Jack.


The best replacement is already on your bench. There's no need to send him back to Arsenal. That's if Del Bosque and Barcelona can get over turning a box-to-box deep-lying playmaker into a striker.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #4129
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

I thought Dortmund would win the league again...because Bayern is always inconsistent and unbalanced.


Not the case this year. They're the best team in Europe. Even with Van Buyten in the lineup they're doing OK...tho it's time he stopped being allowed to play.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #4130
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler
 
dunksby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,141
dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Bayern's only weakness is mental, Schwieny and Robben have a history of missing big penalties, Robben of screwing up easy changes when it matters most, Gomez playing bad in big games and Kroos getting scared when it matters most. Only Muller has the clutch German mentality.
Schweinsteiger scored the winning penalty against Real in the semi finals last year.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #4131
blablabla
.
 
blablabla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Austria
Posts: 7,081
blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
sure thats all great against teams like hamburg and freiburg.. when a good teams comes they have troubles. dortmund owned them for years.. they had troubles against arsenal.. i wont be surprised if they lose like 3-1 to juve and still go through... and they are the 3rd favorites after real and barca according to most betting sites
Bayern was unable to win against Dortmund in the last two seasons but in all 3 meetings this year Bayern was clearly the more dominant side, same story against Arsenal even in the Game in Munich which they lost 2-0 and delivered one of the worst performances of the season they were still in control of the game and the team that created far more chances. One goal was a result of Alaba slipping and the other one came from a set piece.
Same with Juventus yesterday, Bayern again controlled the game from the first minute.The have so far shown no indication of not being able to play their game against top quality squads, Teams are just unable to deal with their pressing and high tempo.
And regarding your last sentence, if you remember they kicked out Madrid last year, and Real has hardly improved from last year Bayern on the other hand have significantly.
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #4132
blablabla
.
 
blablabla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Austria
Posts: 7,081
blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Bayern's only weakness is mental, Schwieny and Robben have a history of missing big penalties, Robben of screwing up easy changes when it matters most, Gomez playing bad in big games and Kroos getting scared when it matters most. Only Muller has the clutch German mentality.
Their biggest problem is defending set pieces especially corners, despite having many tall players who are great in the air. But I think that could be solved if Heynckes decided to choose two players to cover the posts during a set piece.

Also in my opinion Kroos seems like a player who seems to enjoy big matches.
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #4133
alenleomessi
.
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 16,351
alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
The best replacement is already on your bench. There's no need to send him back to Arsenal. That's if Del Bosque and Barcelona can get over turning a box-to-box deep-lying playmaker into a striker.
You obviously have no idea what are you talking about. Cesc has been a disaster since he came to barca ( except for a little period of few weeks when he was scoring goals assisted by messi ).


I dont hate him though and dont really want him THAT badly out of the team, because he doesnt have a big ego, and he is alright with being on the bench. And seems that he is a great friend with everyone. But he is no starter material for this barca team. No room for his qualities on a team with iniesta and messi. NOt that great of a passer either. Kroos and Wilshere are superb passers.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #4134
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
You obviously have no idea what are you talking about. Cesc has been a disaster since he came to barca ( except for a little period of few weeks when he was scoring goals assisted by messi ).


I dont hate him though and dont really want him THAT badly out of the team, because he doesnt have a big ego, and he is alright with being on the bench. And seems that he is a great friend with everyone. But he is no starter material for this barca team. No room for his qualities on a team with iniesta and messi. NOt that great of a passer either. Kroos and Wilshere are superb passers.


Disaster, lol.


HAHAHA.


Guy has played in the front 3. Like I said, a box-to-box deep-lying playmaker who Wenger attempted to play right behind the striker...even tho Cesc naturally always played the same way, but with two guys bend him. Now he plays usually to the left or something...and he's more naturally center-oriented than any other player on the squad.


But yes, I don't know what I'm talking about. I've only watched the same games as you have and have seen him played out of position and used as a utility guy. The years in Arsenal were like Howard playing in Orlando and once he got to the big time he was exposed. Now I know.


Not as a good a passer as Xavi...and better than everyone else. But yes, Wilshere is better. So is Kroos...until he gets there...so was Sanchez, until he's useless. You see everything with Merengues-tinted glasses.


What's the difference, even if I was wrong? Kroos is going to come in and play behind Xavi, even if Xavi is playing more like a caricature of himself than anything else. Or do you think they're going to bring Kroos and work him in? They don't work anyone in.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #4135
alenleomessi
.
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 16,351
alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

and bayern will be the 'best team in the world' when they win CL in a dominant fashion. until then everything is just
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #4136
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
and bayern will be the 'best team in the world' when they win CL in a dominant fashion. until then everything is just


Wow, you have no respect for the other teams. I didn't crown them anything. I think that's how impressive they look right now. But I like "dominant fashion". I would usually agree and I'd consider Barcelona the best team in the world...but it has little to do with any of that. You're a slurper and a bigger frontrunner than Busquets.


The Cesc comment is one of the best I have ever read lol.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #4137
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?
 
Lebowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,411
Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Wow, you have no respect for the other teams. I didn't crown them anything. I think that's how impressive they look right now. But I like "dominant fashion". I would usually agree and I'd consider Barcelona the best team in the world...but it has little to do with any of that. You're a slurper and a bigger frontrunner than Busquets.


The Cesc comment is one of the best I have ever read lol.
You've been posting on this thread for a while now, you shouldn't be surprised by any of the retarded shit that macedonian idiot writes anymore. Just ignore him like everyone else worth reading does.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #4138
alenleomessi
.
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 16,351
alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Disaster, lol.


HAHAHA.


Guy has played in the front 3. Like I said, a box-to-box deep-lying playmaker who Wenger attempted to play right behind the striker...even tho Cesc naturally always played the same way, but with two guys bend him. Now he plays usually to the left or something...and he's more naturally center-oriented than any other player on the squad.


But yes, I don't know what I'm talking about. I've only watched the same games as you have and have seen him played out of position and used as a utility guy. The years in Arsenal were like Howard playing in Orlando and once he got to the big time he was exposed. Now I know.


Not as a good a passer as Xavi...and better than everyone else. But yes, Wilshere is better. So is Kroos...until he gets there...so was Sanchez, until he's useless. You see everything with Merengues-tinted glasses.


What's the difference, even if I was wrong? Kroos is going to come in and play behind Xavi, even if Xavi is playing more like a caricature of himself than anything else. Or do you think they're going to bring Kroos and work him in? They don't work anyone in.
You dont watch barca do you? cesc plays on the left? he played many positions in barca but never saw him play on the left... he mostly plays on iniesta's positions and they move iniesta on the wing ( i hate it when this happens ) ... they played him as false nine few games but didnt really work..
for someone so hyped up for the big barca comeback, he is a disaster absolutely! always knew it though, most of the barca fans couldnt wait to have him back. idiots.

and wilshere and kroos are definitely better passers
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #4139
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?
 
Lebowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,411
Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Galatasaray's starting 11: Muslera; Eboué, Dany, Semih, Riera; Hamit, Selcuk, Melo, Sneijder; Burak Yilmaz, Drogba.
Seems like Terim's going offensive just like he said he would. Let's see if it doesn't bite him in the ass.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #4140
alenleomessi
.
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 16,351
alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
You've been posting on this thread for a while now, you shouldn't be surprised by any of the retarded shit that macedonian idiot writes anymore. Just ignore him like everyone else worth reading does.
and you still end up reading most of my posts anyway, and so does everyone else.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:19 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy