Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #4576
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Only for Mueller to score the winner in the 90th minute
and then don andres with the 93' clutch goal so my prediction of 6-1 goes true as expected
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #4577
HomieWeMajor
SQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

HomieWeMajor is popular on this boardHomieWeMajor is popular on this boardHomieWeMajor is popular on this boardHomieWeMajor is popular on this board

Messi on the bench
Tito wants to play with 11 players this match rather than 10 like last week
HomieWeMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:30 AM   #4578
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

@Lebowksy and other Spanish guys:

Any insight on Valencia's GK, Diego Alves?

There are rumours of Fiorentina going after him, and since we've been getting very good players at a low cost from La Liga lately, I would hope he's worth the 7 mln euro figure that's being thrown out.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:21 AM   #4579
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
@Lebowksy and other Spanish guys:

Any insight on Valencia's GK, Diego Alves?

There are rumours of Fiorentina going after him, and since we've been getting very good players at a low cost from La Liga lately, I would hope he's worth the 7 mln euro figure that's being thrown out.
He's good, he's really good. He was a top 3 keeper in the league 2 or 3 seasons ago, but last season he dropped off a bit, and I haven't followed Valencia much this season tbh. From time to time there are rumors he will be called up for the Brazilian NT, but I don't think he has ever been, and if he has then he didn't get any playing time. There was also the rumor that Barcelona wanted him 2 seasons ago, later on it cooled off.

His style is rather unorthodox, if you know what I mean. He's not a technical keeper, like Buffon, Neuer, Courtois or so, who are always perfectly positioned and know when to come out for the ball and when to stay. He's more like Casillas, I guess, all reflexes and amazing, jaw dropping saves. Like really amazing saves, some of the ones he's had throughout the seasons he's been in Spain very, very few keepers could pull off. He's also one of the best penalty stoppers I've seen, definitely the best in La Liga when he's fit. He's also very good with his feet, but I guess that comes with being Brazilian. On the downside, he has concentration issues every once in a while, leading to some absurd mistakes. Furthermore, sometimes he has problems with corner kicks.
All in all, he's a great signing, and he's young for a keeper (around 26 or 27 if I'm not mistaken).
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #4580
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
He's good, he's really good. He was a top 3 keeper in the league 2 or 3 seasons ago, but last season he dropped off a bit, and I haven't followed Valencia much this season tbh. From time to time there are rumors he will be called up for the Brazilian NT, but I don't think he has ever been, and if he has then he didn't get any playing time. There was also the rumor that Barcelona wanted him 2 seasons ago, later on it cooled off.

His style is rather unorthodox, if you know what I mean. He's not a technical keeper, like Buffon, Neuer, Courtois or so, who are always perfectly positioned and know when to come out for the ball and when to stay. He's more like Casillas, I guess, all reflexes and amazing, jaw dropping saves. Like really amazing saves, some of the ones he's had throughout the seasons he's been in Spain very, very few keepers could pull off. He's also one of the best penalty stoppers I've seen, definitely the best in La Liga when he's fit. He's also very good with his feet, but I guess that comes with being Brazilian. On the downside, he has concentration issues every once in a while, leading to some absurd mistakes. Furthermore, sometimes he has problems with corner kicks.
All in all, he's a great signing, and he's young for a keeper (around 26 or 27 if I'm not mistaken).

Thanks a lot!
Not a signing at all yet, just a rumour like hundreds of others, I just happen to be very curious about any possible acquisition from La Liga after the Borja Valero + Gonzalo one

I am more a fan of orthodox keepers, but if he's very good that's all that matters.
We've had a bit of problems with keepers this year. Viviano had a terrible period in november-december which cost us a couple of games. Then Neto (a young Brazilian keeper, also in the NT circle) began to start over him, but he didn't seem ready for Serie A at all. In February we switched back to Viviano who's been ok since then, but we will definitely need something better for next season, when we will play in Europe as well.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #4581
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Thanks a lot!
Not a signing at all yet, just a rumour like hundreds of others, I just happen to be very curious about any possible acquisition from La Liga after the Borja Valero + Gonzalo one

I am more a fan of orthodox keepers, but if he's very good that's all that matters.
We've had a bit of problems with keepers this year. Viviano had a terrible period in november-december which cost us a couple of games. Then Neto (a young Brazilian keeper, also in the NT circle) began to start over him, but he didn't seem ready for Serie A at all. In February we switched back to Viviano who's been ok since then, but we will definitely need something better for next season, when we will play in Europe as well.
I think he can be the right guy for your team. Definitely an outstanding signing if it happens, especially for the price you mentioned. Aside from a few stupid mistakes that may or may not cost you goals, he's the kind of guy who gives your team points by stopping crucial penalties or making unbelievable saves against all odds. If he regains his old form and performs to his capabilities, he is a top 10 goalkeeper in Europe.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #4582
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky

He started a bunch of games for Brazil last year.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #4583
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
He started a bunch of games for Brazil last year.
Oh, I see. I don't follow the Brazilian NT these days, it usually bores me to death.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #4584
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

this is a realistic scenario for next year, but im still not so sure if its good enough to beat even better bayern next season

Old 05-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #4585
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
this is a realistic scenario for next year, but im still not so sure if its good enough to beat even better bayern next season

You wished for the death of all Catalans and said you wanted "your" team to sell messi after one bad game.

You aren't a real Barca fan and you aren't a real Messi fan. Stop pretending.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #4586
alenleomessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
You wished for the death of all Catalans and said you wanted "your" team to sell messi after one bad game.

You aren't a real Barca fan and you aren't a real Messi fan. Stop pretending.
Well we both have a username with our favorite players, but the difference is, messi is still my favorite and always will be while you probably dont even know where nick young plays and i doubt you have even watched him more than 5 times in your life. God knows how many usernames with favorite players you would have made if jeff had made an open and easy registration for everyone.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #4587
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Do you think Neymar would be good enough to put you in to the top?

Last edited by b1imtf : 05-03-2013 at 01:18 PM.
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #4588
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

klopp
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #4589
alenleomessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
klopp
well thats the not-so-realistic part, but if tito gets sacked and since klopp will probably be satisfied with what he did at dortmund, and they are losing their stars players, bayern way to strong for them, its highly unlikely they can make the CL final again next year, so im not sure he will want to start again developing a team. he already did that and succeeded. his job is done there.
why not make an even better name and revenge for the likely CL final lose this year. ( another barca-bayern match is very possible next year )
Old 05-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #4590
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Well we both have a username with our favorite players, but the difference is, messi is still my favorite and always will be while you probably dont even know where nick young plays and i doubt you have even watched him more than 5 times in your life. God knows how many usernames with favorite players you would have made if jeff had made an open and easy registration for everyone.
Nick Young is not my favourite player. That honor belongs to the legendary GAWDBE himself. It's just a user name. But Nick Young is pretty cool.

A real Barcelona fan would never wish death upon all Catalans. It baffles me that you are unable to understand that. There must be more then a few wires loose in your brain.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: