Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #4591
alenleomessi
hey girl

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong wayalenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Nick Young is not my favourite player. That honor belongs to the legendary GAWDBE himself. It's just a user name. But Nick Young is pretty cool.

A real Barcelona fan would never wish death upon all Catalans. It baffles me that you are unable to understand that. There must be more then a few wires loose in your brain.
why would i wish death to all catalans? where did i say that?
i might have been pissed and say we should sell some of our best players and bartra to hang himself? but wishing death to all catalans? stop making shit up
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #4592
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Bayern + Götze, Badstuber (healthy) and most likely another world-class striker will hard to beat.

They will certainly get another top player this summer. Arturo Vidal has been in talks the past few years, Suarez is rumored, as is Lewandowski.
If Pep wants to play them to his style, imagine

Ribery - Müller - Götze
Schweinsteiger - Martinez - Vidal
Alaba - Dante - Boateng - Lahm
Neuer

They could also play a 4-2-4

Ribery - Götze - Shaqiri - Müller
Schweinsteiger - Martinez

and they still have Mandzukic, Gomez, Kroos, Robben, Luiz Gustavo off the bench
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #4593
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
why would i wish death to all catalans? where did i say that?
i might have been pissed and say we should sell some of our best players and bartra to hang himself? but wishing death to all catalans? stop making shit up

Quote:
hey liverpool you wanted messi right? 100 millions and he is yours
im sick of him

xavi should retire he is slow, cant shoot, and cant pass through a good defense.

iniesta is the only one really caring so i think i would keep him, but if city or psg has any offers of around 100 millions ill think about it

alves, alexis, villa, cesc, alba, valdes you can have them for free

pique should retire and raise his child

bartra should be hanged in the middle of barcelona

get rid of f*cking everyone, keep tito and maybe iniesta, buy 20 brazilians and HOPE that maybe maybe one will be even close to ronaldinho...

and f*ck u all
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...276009&page=91

Your death to all catalans rant post happened after the first Milan game. I will find it, to expose your manic schizo ways to the world once and for all.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #4594
alenleomessi
hey girl

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong wayalenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
Bayern + Götze, Badstuber (healthy) and most likely another world-class striker will hard to beat.

They will certainly get another top player this summer. Arturo Vidal has been in talks the past few years, Suarez is rumored, as is Lewandowski.

Ribery - Müller - Götze
Neuer

just add dzeko or cavani to that team and its unfair
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #4595
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:
just add dzeko or cavani to that team and its unfair

I've been thinking about what striker Bayern could feasibly get as an significant improvement over Gomez/Mandzukic. IMO they should try to get another superstar if anything, even if it costs them 70 million. If PSG can get Ibrahimovic, Bayern can as well.
I doubt a Dzeko, Benzema caliber striker will do. They should go for the Van Persie, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic type.

edit: I might be overreaching. Benzema, Falcao, Cavani would certainly be upgrades.

Last edited by Brunch@Five : 05-03-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #4596
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I've been thinking about what striker Bayern could feasibly get as an significant improvement over Gomez/Mandzukic. IMO they should try to get another superstar if anything, even if it costs them 70 million. If PSG can get Ibrahimovic, Bayern can as well.
I doubt a Dzeko, Benzema caliber striker will do. They should go for the Van Persie, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic type.

edit: I might be overreaching. Benzema, Falcao, Cavani would certainly be upgrades.
Benzema is one of the 9-10 players on the roster for whom Madrid won't consider any offers (reportedly). Now Higuain is a different story.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #4597
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Benzema is one of the 9-10 players on the roster for whom Madrid won't consider any offers (reportedly). Now Higuain is a different story.

Is Benzema happy in Madrid?
Old 05-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #4598
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Is Benzema happy in Madrid?
They say he is, and he always says so himself, but you know a fooballer's word isn't worth much. Aparently Mourinho straightened him out as a person quite a lot, but the way he's using him is just not working all that well. It did last season, because competing with Higuain seemed to spark both and boosted their scoring, but this season it didn't turn out that well. I believe Benzema needs his coach's confidence to perform well, and as soon as we get a new manager I hope he will go back to playing to his potential (provided the new manager is not an idiot again).
Old 05-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #4599
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

Ribery - Müller - Götze
Neuer

so u have Muller as your striker?

Kroos and Robben will not be willing to come off the bench. Robben will most likely leave in the summer. He's in great form so he's stock is gonna go up. Muller might bounce too. Inter were interested in him couple of months ago. Gomez is leaving for sure i think. He's lost his spot and doesn't have same status anymore. Juventus rejected a huge big by Bayern earlier and Vidal said he doesn't wanna leave.

And Pep is not playing 4-2-4. He doesn't need to
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #4600
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Higuain will bounce in the summer if thou i don't want him too... I'd rather have Benzema go.. His been shit this season.
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #4601
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
Higuain will bounce in the summer if thou i don't want him too... I'd rather have Benzema go.. His been shit this season.
So has Higuain for the most part. Personally, I'd rather keep Benzema. All things being equal (both motivated, focused and on form), Benzema is the better player. It'll be sad to see Higuain go, though. He's been a gentleman and a true professional all these years, I wish him the best if he ends up leaving.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #4602
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Ribery - Müller - Götze
Neuer

badstuber > boateng
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #4603
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lol, Bayern has a world class striker in Gomez who is perfect for them and yet they want to spend a shit ton of money on a new striker?

Don't be like Real Madrid and Barcelona with buying players you have no need for. Luka Modric, Cesc Fabregas, Alexis Sanchez, Alex Song come to mind
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #4604
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
lol, Bayern has a world class striker in Gomez who is perfect for them and yet they want to spend a shit ton of money on a new striker?

Don't be like Real Madrid and Barcelona with buying players you have no need for. Luka Modric, Cesc Fabregas, Alexis Sanchez, Alex Song come to mind

Gomez is a great, textbook Germanic striker. Physically gifted, great finisher, always at the right spot when a goal needs to be scored and contributes absolutely nothing else to the game.

Where Bayern wants to go though, as evidenced by their benching of Gomez and their signing of Pep and their play in general as of late is a more Total Football mindset where a dynamic interplay between the positions is key. You need a striker who can pass well, play on the wings, play defense and effectively relies less on "tor-instinct". There is literally not a top striker in the world right now more unsuited to play that role than Mario Gomez.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #4605
arkain
Local High School Star

arkain has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Gomez is a great, textbook Germanic striker. Physically gifted, great finisher, always at the right spot when a goal needs to be scored and contributes absolutely nothing else to the game.

Where Bayern wants to go though, as evidenced by their benching of Gomez and their signing of Pep and their play in general as of late is a more Total Football mindset where a dynamic interplay between the positions is key. You need a striker who can pass well, play on the wings, play defense and effectively relies less on "tor-instinct". There is literally not a top striker in the world right now more unsuited to play that role than Mario Gomez.

Shoulda bought Reus from Dortmund then, I think he can perform wonders at striker (false 9) in that kind of system.
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: