Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #4606
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkain
Shoulda bought Reus from Dortmund then, I think he can perform wonders at striker (false 9) in that kind of system.

I'm not talking about a false 9. That seems to be a hip term on this site, but to me it only seems like a huge experiment bound for failure. There is no football player in the world right now that Bayern can get, who will improve their team, and who is a natural false 9. Really the only players who play that way are Messi and occasionally Totti. So they'd have to try and mold a player into that very specific (and very rarely utilized succesfully) role.

And it's not like a false 9 is Pep's philosophy or anything. Barcelona just coincidentally plays that way because of Messi. Because they have a unique talent.

I was thinking more of players like Lewandowski or Cavani. Center forwards, but more versatile center forwards who you can trust to make the right decision when you pass them the ball or a teammate makes a run.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #4607
Andrew Wiggins
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I'm not talking about a false 9. That seems to be a hip term on this site, but to me it only seems like a huge experiment bound for failure. There is no football player in the world right now that Bayern can get, who will improve their team, and who is a natural false 9. Really the only players who play that way are Messi and occasionally Totti. So they'd have to try and mold a player into that very specific (and very rarely utilized succesfully) role.

And it's not like a false 9 is Pep's philosophy or anything. Barcelona just coincidentally plays that way because of Messi. Because they have a unique talent.

I was thinking more of players like Lewandowski or Cavani. Center forwards, but more versatile center forwards who you can trust to make the right decision when you pass them the ball or a teammate makes a run.

carlos tevez could easily play as a false 9
Andrew Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #4608
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
carlos tevez could easily play as a false 9

See, I'm hearing a lot of could.

Götze could play false 9. Müller could play false 9. Reus could play false 9. Tevez could play false 9. Yet none of them have ever really played false 9 aside from maybe one or two improvised situations.

If I'm Bayern München and I'm already one of the top teams in the world right now, with a very good claim to actually be the top team in the word, this all does not sound very enticing to me.

Why would they suddenly change their entire technical scheme to build around a very obscure position, adopt a tactical scheme that has rarely been proven successful and not only that but then bring in a player for that who doesn't even have any experience playing that role? this all sounds like very foolish managing to me.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #4609
Andrew Wiggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
See, I'm hearing a lot of could.

Götze could play false 9. Müller could play false 9. Reus could play false 9. Tevez could play false 9. Yet none of them have ever really played false 9 aside from maybe one or two improvised situations.

If I'm Bayern München and I'm already one of the top teams in the world right now, with a very good claim to actually be the top team in the word, this all does not sound very enticing to me.

Why would they suddenly change their entire technical scheme to build around a very obscure position, adopt a tactical scheme that has rarely been proven successful and not only that but then bring in a player for that who doesn't even have any experience playing that role? this all sounds like very foolish managing to me.

oh, i'm not suggesting that bayern should change their tactics. i was throwing tevez's name out there as a guy who could be an effective false 9 if they were to in that direction.

i don't know why everyone seems to think pep will automatically go to a 4-3-3. he played a 4-3-3 with barca because that was the best system for the personnel they had. no need to change from the 4-2-3-1 that bayern currently has unless he wants to make changes for the sake of change.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #4610
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

seriously bayern will be so stacked that they can do whatever the f*ck they want with their formation... pretty much every player they have is versatile
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #4611
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

How long before alenleomessi jumps on the bandwaggon...?
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #4612
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

You say Gomez is not fit for Pep's style but yet Lewandowksi is? Lewa may be more versatile and agile than Gomez but he's not a Rooney type of forward. Lewa, like Gomez, are both clinical and deadly scorers..

That being said why not Wayne Rooney lol? Man U seem keen to selling him and Rooney is pretty much the definition of a "false 9". Just not a force physically though. He'd be deadly

Last edited by knickballer : 05-04-2013 at 12:05 AM.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #4613
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

Rooney is fat and outta shape.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:43 AM   #4614
Andrew Wiggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
Rooney is fat and outta shape.

this "fat and out of shape" rooney is still good enough to start for and improve any club in the world.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:44 AM   #4615
daj0264
I am a love machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
this "fat and out of shape" rooney is still good enough to start for and improve any club in the world.

and f*ck old women
daj0264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:47 AM   #4616
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

His spot isn't even guaranteed at United... They had to sent his fat ass to USA to get in shape :dead:

A lot of times why he comes off the bench is bcuz he's unfit.

He would NOT start for Real Madrid. Barcelona is debatable. Oh yeah neither is Bayern Munich or Dortmund.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:56 AM   #4617
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
His spot isn't even guaranteed at United... They had to sent his fat ass to USA to get in shape :dead:

He would NOT start for Real Madrid. Barcelona is debatable. Oh yeah neither is Bayern Munich or Dortmund.

BS. Rooney has been Man U's most important player ever since CR7 left. When fit he's a top 10 player in the world easily.. He's pretty much the whole package. Great scorer, great passer, great vision, technique, etc. Can play as a striker, winger, #10..

I'm almost fairly certain he can start over Alexis Sanchez or Angel Di Maria..
It would be cool to see him teamed up with CR7 at Real Madrid as well.. It would be a Ribbery/Robben combo on steroids.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:56 AM   #4618
Andrew Wiggins

Quote:

lmao

he'd easily start as a supporting striker or cam at bvb and bayer. rooney >> kroos, muller, gotze

one bad run of form and people forget how good a guy is. very few players can be as good in so many different roles as rooney can.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:21 AM   #4619
Königspinguin
LandValueTax=Future

I wouldn't want Rooney on Bayern.
Königspinguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:52 AM   #4620
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer

That being said why not Wayne Rooney lol? Man U seem keen to selling him and Rooney is pretty much the definition of a "false 9". Just not a force physically though. He'd be deadly

Lolwut, Rooney hasn't played at false 9 a single time in his career. When the hell did ManU start playing with a false 9?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: