Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #4891
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Real Madrid should look into getting this guy over there.

Bruce Arena.

A fast and athletic team is more like American style. He can improve their work rate. The Madrid players have a problem hustling and playing defense and Arena can pull that off.

Also, American style soccer is focused on training. Training these players and their natural ability would make Real Madrid a great team. I don't know if the players are willing to play for him.

b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #4892
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi

we won la liga, you won europa freaking league... but i guess thats still better than not winning shit like madrid
7-0+ Smashed out by Chelsea last year+Torres owned you with an epic goal+Messi choked in the 3 games that matter most in the past 2 years
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #4893
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
lololol.

I like Arena and I think he's the GOAT US manager but he's obviously not good enough for RM. Not to mention even if RM entertains the idea somehow Arena is pretty much a poor mans Mourinho in style as he's very defensive in his style and focuses on the counter attack offensively.

Arena will most likely take a fresh approach if he was to coach Real Madrid. La Liga and Real needs a new style and approach to the game. The European culture of flopping and diving is killing the game.

Americans don't dive and they have too much pride to do so. Arena can bring toughness to the team. Groom them to be men and not women.

I think it's a good fit. MLS has a futuristic approach in how soccer's played. It's like future soccer. I would like to see Arena bring a fresh perspective in a dying league like La Liga and Real Madrid. La Liga is no longer the premiere league to watch.

Just look what Arena did to revive the career of Robbie Keane. The man sucked but in Arena's system he is good.

Last edited by 9erempiree : 05-19-2013 at 07:24 AM.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #4894
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Just look what Arena did to revive the career of Robbie Keane. The man sucked but in Arena's system he is good.

This definitely does not have anything to do with the level of competition. Just before anyone tries to argue in that direction: it doesn't. It just doesn't alright? Completely unrelated.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #4895
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
This definitely does not have anything to do with the level of competition. Just before anyone tries to argue in that direction: it doesn't. It just doesn't alright? Completely unrelated.

If that' the case then shouldn't Thierry Henry be dominating MLS?

Like I said, Arena is a good coach, and I think he would do wonders for Real Madrid. I know I am reaching here because Real is an organization of elitist but with a fresh perspective, Arena can turn them around.

Better defense and no more diving.

Also, MLS is not that bad. It's great to watch the beautiful game where diving doesn't occur like many European leagues. If they do occur, it's more likely foreign players.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #4896
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

One of the greatest games in U.S. soccer history. USA defeating Spain 2-0 in a tournament. Look at the faces of Spain's players.

Xabi no match against Landon

Torres overwhelmed by USA's toughness and physical play

Puyol not being able to handle my man

Their form and training could not be matched by Spain

Enjoy the video......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S58rstMhKK8
Old 05-19-2013, 09:02 AM   #4897
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
One of the greatest games in U.S. soccer history. USA defeating Spain 2-0 in a tournament. Look at the faces of Spain's players.

Xabi no match against Landon

Torres overwhelmed by USA's toughness and physical play

Puyol not being able to handle my man

Their form and training could not be matched by Spain

Enjoy the video......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S58rstMhKK8

Too easy, can't believe we blew it vs Brazil in the final, we were kicking their ass and then got scared, if we kept playing fearless we would have currbstomped brazil.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #4898
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
If that' the case then shouldn't Thierry Henry be dominating MLS?

Like I said, Arena is a good coach, and I think he would do wonders for Real Madrid. I know I am reaching here because Real is an organization of elitist but with a fresh perspective, Arena can turn them around.

Better defense and no more diving.

Also, MLS is not that bad. It's great to watch the beautiful game where diving doesn't occur like many European leagues. If they do occur, it's more likely foreign players.

Both of them are washed up, some players do better when they are washed up than others.

I know your trolling, but the truth is maybe Arena is a fine coach. But maybe he also needs any experience and good results managing a top 80 or so team in the world first, before we start talking about how he should be managing the biggest team in the world.

I would do a great job managing Real Madrid also, and my credentials are about just as good.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #4899
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Both of them are washed up, some players do better when they are washed up than others.

I know your trolling, but the truth is maybe Arena is a fine coach. But maybe he also needs any experience and good results managing a top 80 or so team in the world first, before we start talking about how he should be managing the biggest team in the world.

I would do a great job managing Real Madrid also, and my credentials are about just as good.

To be honest, a lot of these Euro teams need American coaches because they will learn toughness and pride. There should be no excuse for guys as big as CR7 diving and falling against smaller defenders. Where is the pride?

Americans do not tolerate this kind of play. I think with Euro players' skills and talent combined with good American mentality and coaching, there would be a lot of dominant team and the game would be better.

Messi, an American player, South American to be exact, shows a lot of American heart and toughness for a guy so small.

Need more of that American toughness.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #4900
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

America has won a total of 9 World Cups.

That is what Euro teams need. Some good old fashioned American toughness and pride.

Team USA is improving fast and someday it will be the best nation in soccer. All we do is overachieve.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #4901
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
To be honest, a lot of these Euro teams need American coaches because they will learn toughness and pride. There should be no excuse for guys as big as CR7 diving and falling against smaller defenders. Where is the pride?

Americans do not tolerate this kind of play. I think with Euro players' skills and talent combined with good American mentality and coaching, there would be a lot of dominant team and the game would be better.

Messi, an American player, South American to be exact, shows a lot of American heart and toughness for a guy so small.

Need more of that American toughness.
I had an Italian coach in AYSO. He literally taught us to dive and pretend to be hurt, and kick the ball far away for other teams throw ins so they had to run after it. F*ck that guy. I played dirty throwing elbows but I never dived like a bitch.

Europeans have a mentality of giving up when things get tough, especially continentals. Technically an American coach might not be the best, but fitness wise, and determination wise we got the euros beat.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #4902
alenleomessi
hey girl

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong wayalenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way

in one hour starts the last EPL football we will see untill mid/late august so you people better tune in

newcastle-arsenal is the game to watch
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #4903
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Lukaku gonna beat Fergie in his last ever game
Old 05-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #4904
hovermaster
I airball my layups

hovermaster has an OK reputation so far

Hahaa utd already ahead 2-0 after 12 minutes !
hovermaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #4905
Uncle Drew
NBA lottery pick

Uncle Drew has decent reputation

KOSCIELNY 0-1
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: