Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #4951
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
LJJ, where will Strootman play next season iyo?

It seems there's a few clubs after him, including Milan and Fiorentina.

I don't know, not substantive buzz surrounding him lately, but it is the right time for him to make a transfer. Rumors about Manchester United's interest have persisted for years, he'd fit very well there I think.

Any team where they play an uptempo game with no dedicated defensive midfielder would be good. The further a team is removed from that style of play, the worse a spot it would be for him. His development has stagnated a bit, so I hope him going to a better league gives him a little push.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #4952
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I don't know, not substantive buzz surrounding him lately, but it is the right time for him to make a transfer. Rumors about Manchester United's interest have persisted for years, he'd fit very well there I think.

Any team where they play an uptempo game with no dedicated defensive midfielder would be good. The further a team is removed from that style of play, the worse a spot it would be for him. His development has stagnated a bit, so I hope him going to a better league gives him a little push.

Fiorentina would be good then.
The thing is, David Pizarro is apparently leaving, so we desperately need a playmaker (with a very good ball control) to make up for this.
Based on what I have seen from Strootman, this would not be the best way to use him, would it?
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #4953
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No no no, that would be bad. At PSV they expected Van Bommel to be the primary playmaker over Strootman. Just saying.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #4954
Königspinguin
LandValueTax=Future

Königspinguin has decent reputationKönigspinguin has decent reputation

Relegation battle between 1. Fc Kaiserslautern and TSG 1899 Hoffenheim about to start.

Everybody is rooting for Kaiserslautern. It's going to be two great games.
Königspinguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #4955
Uncle Drew
Rigging for Wiggins

Uncle Drew has no real reputation yet.

Strootman will stay at PSV for another year, because of the world cup next summer. Also: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10...t#.UZ54Mpzi6qJ
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #4956
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dzeko 2 goals tonight, I had no idea there was even a game.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #4957
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Königspinguin
Relegation battle between 1. Fc Kaiserslautern and TSG 1899 Hoffenheim about to start.

Everybody is rooting for Kaiserslautern. It's going to be two great games.

I watched the game. Fabian Johnson and Roberto Firmino had great games for Hoffenheim. Did you see the Hoffenheim-Dortmund game? That was an incredible ending. @ Grosskreutz in goal for the penalty

Why is everyone rooting for FCK? Because Hoffenheim have a sugar daddy in Hopp?
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:42 AM   #4958
Königspinguin
LandValueTax=Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
I watched the game. Fabian Johnson and Roberto Firmino had great games for Hoffenheim. Did you see the Hoffenheim-Dortmund game? That was an incredible ending. @ Grosskreutz in goal for the penalty

Why is everyone rooting for FCK? Because Hoffenheim have a sugar daddy in Hopp?

Hoffenheim has a population of 3,300. They need to go back to their local league (some 5th tier league) where they belong. Dietmar Hopp got them into the Bundesliga. It makes a mockery of everything. Maybe I'd do something like that with my home town club though if I was very rich. Must be fun to troll everyone like that.

And, no, I missed the Dortmund game. Haven't even watched extended highlights. Hoffenheim should be gone already from what I've read.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:47 AM   #4959
Königspinguin
LandValueTax=Future

Imagine if Torrington had a NBA team.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:53 AM   #4960
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Königspinguin
Hoffenheim has a population of 3,300. They need to go back to their local league (some 5th tier league) where they belong. Dietmar Hopp got them into the Bundesliga. It makes a mockery of everything. Maybe I'd do something like that with my home town club though if I was very rich. Must be fun to troll everyone like that.

And, no, I missed the Dortmund game. Haven't even watched extended highlights. Hoffenheim should be gone already from what I've read.

Heidelberg is a decent sized city and Hoffenheim is the most popular team there isn't it? I think it's cool that a former player came back and invested in his club and propelled them to the Bundesliga.

In the Dortmund game, there were two late penalties, one on Weidenfeller after they had used all their subs so Grosskreutz was in goal. Salihovic buried both of them and then in the final minute, Schmelzer appeared to score (a draw would have relegated Hoffenheim instead of Dusseldorf) but the ref correctly called it offsides.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:36 AM   #4961
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

in 2015, Europa League winners will get an automatic spot in Champions League the following year.... Should've been done a long time ago
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #4962
Uncle Drew
Rigging for Wiggins

Uncle Drew has no real reputation yet.

http://www.asm-fc.com/en/news/team/a...-and-rodriguez
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #4963
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There's a rumor that Fabio Coentrao wants out of RM and wants follow Mourinho to Chelsea.

I think Tottehnham should go after him though. He's be great as an attacking LB in AVB's style..
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #4964
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
There's a rumor that Fabio Coentrao wants out of RM and wants follow Mourinho to Chelsea.

I think Tottehnham should go after him though. He's be great as an attacking LB in AVB's style..
Spanish media are reporting it too. Please let it be true.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #4965
Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer

Assou-Ekotto sucked this year so Coentrao would be a huge upgrade but I think Tottenham is high on Danny Rose, who did really well on loan with Sunderland this year, and will give him every chance to succeed.

Ashley Cole is better than Coentrao IMO.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: