Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #5116
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daj0264
didnt watch they game but watched like 20 minutes against belgium and i saw american players dive atleast 3 times and not one belgium player.

While it may look like a dive, they get right back up. It's not like they are flopping around on the ground. Slight contact at full speed will make you fall. Obviously you have never played soccer.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #5117
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1imtf
Football genious

Don't call me a genius because the game of soccer is a very simple minded game. It's not that hard to watch the game and the rules are very simple.

It's really a simpletons game.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #5118
Königspinguin
LandValueTax=Future

Königspinguin has decent reputationKönigspinguin has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Why are you guys tripping over a friendly?

I get why guys like 9er and Hawker are, but the rest of you should know better.

I got trolled.
Königspinguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #5119
daj0264
I am a love machine

daj0264 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
While it may look like a dive, they get right back up. It's not like they are flopping around on the ground. Slight contact at full speed will make you fall. Obviously you have never played soccer.

they were only the ground for minutes, maybe they did get fouled but they were nowhere near hard enough to stay on the ground for as long as they did.

I have played football my whole life on concrete so i do know it can make you fall and hurts but im just saying american players do dive aswell.
daj0264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #5120
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Why are you guys tripping over a friendly?

They are tripping because people hate flopping and diving in soccer and it makes them mad because they see how great the beautiful game is when USA is playing. Without flopping and diving.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #5121
Uncle Drew
NBA lottery pick

Uncle Drew has decent reputationUncle Drew has decent reputation

Quote:
This message is hidden because 9erempiree is on your ignore list.

Much better.
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #5122
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by daj0264
they were only the ground for minutes, maybe they did get fouled but they were nowhere near hard enough to stay on the ground for as long as they did.

I have played football my whole life on concrete so i do know it can make you fall and hurts but im just saying american players do dive aswell.

If the USA team ever tries to dive, it's because of Jurgen. He's probably teaches that as a strategy.

American coaches for the National Team will never tell their players to dive. If you see diving, very seldom, I believe Jurgen may encourage it.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #5123
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
Much better.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #5124
daj0264
I am a love machine

Quote:
If the USA team ever tries to dive, it's because of Jurgen. He's probably teaches that as a strategy.

American coaches for the National Team will never tell their players to dive. If you see diving, very seldom, I believe Jurgen may encourage it.

Those sneaky Germans.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #5125
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
Much better.

Apr 2013

These noobs have very thin skin.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #5126
Königspinguin
LandValueTax=Future

Quote:

Klinsmann is a legend. Argentinians are still mad as ****. That said, that player did deserve a red card for the challenge (studs up aiming for the leg, not the ball) whether he tried to sell it too much or not. Even in close ups you can actually see he still clipped Klinsmann's shin although he tried to avoid it by jumping.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #5127
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

The guys that are on the national team from last World Cup seldom dives. It's the new guys that Jurgen selected on the team, seem to dive at times. Very few so I don't know if it's Jurgen or not.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #5128
Königspinguin
LandValueTax=Future

Quote:
The guys that are on the national team from last World Cup seldom dives. It's the new guys that Jurgen selected on the team, seem to dive at times. Very few so I don't know if it's Jurgen or not.

So who taught all your Basketball players how to flop? I rarely see this much flopping in the BBL.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #5129
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Königspinguin
Klinsmann is a legend. Argentinians are still mad as ****. That said, that player did deserve a red card for the challenge (studs up aiming for the leg, not the ball) whether he tried to sell it too much or not. Even in close ups you can actually see he still clipped Klinsmann's shin although he tried to avoid it by jumping.

I like Jurgen. He's a great analysis, smart and very funny on television. I hope he can teach the National Team a few things but he should discourage diving at all means. One thing about American soccer is that flopping is not allowed.

The coaches always stress to stay on your feet when you are playing. When you hit the ground, you are at a disadvantage if the refs don't blow the whistle.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #5130
daj0264
I am a love machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Königspinguin
So who taught all your Basketball players how to flop? I rarely see this much flopping in the BBL.

The ****ing foreigners taught the clean gold like Americans how to flop
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: