Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #5191
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
It does.
It's already happening in Serie A anyways. Lazio have been doing it lately with Diakite. Inter did it for some weeks with Sneijder until they sold him to Galatasaray. No court fights up to now, but some way to fix this bug (players with expiring contracts do have too much negotiation power) has to be found.

Sneijder's was even worse. He didn't even have an expiring contract, Inter just wanted to negiotate a lower salary.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #5192
daj0264
I am a love machine

daj0264 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Haha yes, it's going to come back on them.

Feyenoord did it this season with Leerdam. Starter on the Dutch U21 team (during the qualifying stage at least), used to be a starter for Feyenoord but he hasn't made any minutes on Feyenoord's first team since october.

PSV just told Toivonen (their best player over the last three seasons, basically) that he'd better find a team willing to pay the asking price, because he's not welcome on the first team anymore.

Ajax has confirmed similar intentions.

Some day soon the teams are going to play this game with a player who was an agent who isn't a moron (there aren't many, but they exist), and they will go to court and sue for extortion. "look, this player has played 100 games over the past 3 seasons, and now he's permanently inactive. This directly affects his future earning potential and career perspective. His employer has publicly stated he will only play if he signs a contract extension".
They will win because that is totally against the law and then they'll have set a precedent for players being able to terminate their contract if they don't get playing time and then the teams will be royally fucked.

Surely it makes more sense just to sell them?
daj0264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #5193
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
We have beaten Spain, beaten Germany and tied Argentina in recent years. Our only problem has been a consistent goal scorer and playmaker, Dempsey is now playing in one of England's best clubs and always delivers in big games (see vs Juventus and the best keeper in the world and alltime great level keeper Gianluigi Buffon) and we have the best striker in Holland.

Not to mention studs like Michael Bradley and Fabian Johnson. We are darkhorse contenders for WC2014 for sure, I'd put us on the same level as Paraguay or Uruguay.

Not to mention USA always overachieves and plays clutch in major tournaments.

Never forget:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPkQ6YdRCbQ

Dempsey is world class. I actually like our team and wish Donovan was on it. It would be his last dance and feels weird without him.

Love Dempsey's goal vs Spain. Sneaked up behind Ramos and banged it in.

(this is not the goal)

Last edited by 9erempiree : 06-04-2013 at 09:40 AM.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #5194
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Haha yes, it's going to come back on them.

Feyenoord did it this season with Leerdam. Starter on the Dutch U21 team (during the qualifying stage at least), used to be a starter for Feyenoord but he hasn't made any minutes on Feyenoord's first team since october.

PSV just told Toivonen (their best player over the last three seasons, basically) that he'd better find a team willing to pay the asking price, because he's not welcome on the first team anymore.

Ajax has confirmed similar intentions.

Some day soon the teams are going to play this game with a player who was an agent who isn't a moron (there aren't many, but they exist), and they will go to court and sue for extortion. "look, this player has played 100 games over the past 3 seasons, and now he's permanently inactive. This directly affects his future earning potential and career perspective. His employer has publicly stated he will only play if he signs a contract extension".
They will win because that is totally against the law and then they'll have set a precedent for players being able to terminate their contract if they don't get playing time and then the teams will be royally fucked.

Yes, I'm surprised it hasn't set precedent yet, like the Bosman ruling did back in the day.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #5195
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by daj0264
Surely it makes more sense just to sell them?

Of course, that's the whole dynamic. For the team it's financially more viable to sell, for the players it's more viable to let their contract expire and become a free agent.

Teams need a player's cooperation to make a transfer though, and this is their only way to put pressure on a player to cooperate.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #5196
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Any idea about the starting lineup?
Hmm, hard to say. I'm not even sure what formation they'll play. Probably 4-3-3, but they might also go with 4-5-1. I think they will field something like this, at least in the beginning.

De Gea

Carvajal---Alvaro---Inigo Martinez---Moreno

Thiago---Illarramendi---Isco

Canales---Rodrigo---Muniain

However, other players like Morata, Sarabia, Koke (who may even start) or Camacho will have lots of playing time, and maybe even start at some point. These summer tournaments are as much about fitness as they are about quality. As for players you may have not seen much of, I recommend you keep an eye on Illarramendi. He's been one of my favorite youngsters for a while. Sarabia is a really exciting player too, but he will have a lot of competition for the LW/OMF spot.

Last edited by Lebowsky : 06-04-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #5197
LJJ
Extra Cheese

By the way, how the hell are you going to adopt "Koke" when your actual name is Jorge Resurrección Merodio? That's criminal.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #5198
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
By the way, how the hell are you going to adopt "Koke" when your actual name is Jorge Resurrección Merodio? That's criminal.
I was surprised too when I found out what his name was.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #5199
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
We have beaten Spain, beaten Germany and tied Argentina in recent years. Our only problem has been a consistent goal scorer and playmaker, Dempsey is now playing in one of England's best clubs and always delivers in big games (see vs Juventus and the best keeper in the world and alltime great level keeper Gianluigi Buffon) and we have the best striker in Holland.

Not to mention studs like Michael Bradley and Fabian Johnson. We are darkhorse contenders for WC2014 for sure, I'd put us on the same level as Paraguay or Uruguay.

Not to mention USA always overachieves and plays clutch in major tournaments.

Never forget:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPkQ6YdRCbQ
well since they might not even make the WC, yeah i agree
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #5200
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Hmm, hard to say. I'm not even sure what formation they'll play. Probably 4-3-3, but they might also go with 4-5-1. I think they will field something like this, at least in the beginning.

De Gea

However, other players like Morata, Sarabia, Koke (who may even start) or Camacho will have lots of playing time, and maybe even start at some point. These summer tournaments are as much about fitness as they are about quality. As for players you may have not seen much of, I recommend you keep an eye on Illarramendi. He's been one of my favorite youngsters for a while. Sarabia is a really exciting player too, but he will have a lot of competition for the LW/OMF spot.
this is still better than half of the WC senior teams, might even make a 1/4 final or 1/2 final
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #5201
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

De Gea

Thanks. I'll surely keep an eye especially on him, I love CMs.

Italy's should be:

Bardi

Bianchetti - Biraghi - Capuano - Regini

Florenzi - Verratti - Marrone - Insigne

Destro - Borini

Strangely enough, the defensive line seems to be our main weakness
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #5202
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

De Gea

Wow, that team is stacked. Carvajal was one of the best fullbacks in the Bundesliga this past season and a lot of those guys are already big time players. I've heard Illarramendi is compared to Xabi Alonso.

EDIT: Whoops, I just realized that's the Spanish U21 team, not U20.

Projected US lineup:

Cropper (Southampton)
Yedlin (Sounders) - O'Neill (Rapids) - Stanko (Freiburg) - Ocegueda (Tigres)
Gil (Real Salt Lake) - Trapp (Crew) - Joya (Santos)
Villareal (Galaxy) - Hernandez (Monterrey) - Cuevas (Santos)

It's probably one of the most talented U20 teams we've had, sadly we got stuck in the group of death with France and Spain (Pogba and Kondogbia in midfield)

Last edited by Grinder : 06-04-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #5203
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Wow, that team is stacked. Carvajal was one of the best fullbacks in the Bundesliga this past season and a lot of those guys are already big time players.

Our U20 guys are in the same group as you guys and France (who will have Kondogbia and Pogba in midfield). It should be a great learning experience at least.

Projected US lineup:

Cropper (Southampton)
Yedlin (Sounders) - O'Neill (Rapids) - Stanko (Freiburg) - Ocegueda (Tigres)
Gil (Real Salt Lake) - Trapp (Crew) - Joya (Santos)
Villareal (Galaxy) - Hernandez (Monterrey) - Cuevas (Santos)

It's probably one of the most talented U20 teams we've had, sadly we got stuck in the group of death.

Well, you never know. These youth tournaments often provide upsets, so let's see how it unfolds. It's gonna be fun nonetheless. On the topic of Carvajal, Madrid reportedly wants him back. The story of our retarded management for the past few years, letting go of good players with high potential only to sign them back at a high cost and not play them at all. This case is even more flagrant, considering we have that worthless piece of shit Arbeloa at RB. I hope whoever comes in as coach doesn't do the same with Jese, our next huge talent.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #5204
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Well, you never know. These youth tournaments often provide upsets, so let's see how it unfolds. It's gonna be fun nonetheless. On the topic of Carvajal, Madrid reportedly wants him back. The story of our retarded management for the past few years, letting go of good players with high potential only to sign them back at a high cost and not play them at all. This case is even more flagrant, considering we have that worthless piece of shit Arbeloa at RB. I hope whoever comes in as coach doesn't do the same with Jese, our next huge talent.

You guys got him back yesterday, I believe.
http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satelli...eal_Madrid.htm

I think Real at least did a smart thing by putting a reasonable buy back clause in his transfer. I've read that Jese was lighting up the second division this year and teams like Arsenal and Leverkusen want him.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #5205
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
You guys got him back yesterday, I believe.
http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satelli...eal_Madrid.htm

I think Real at least did a smart thing by putting a reasonable buy back clause in his transfer. I've read that Jese was lighting up the second division this year and teams like Arsenal and Leverkusen want him.
Oh my, I didn't know about that! Thanks for the update. Now they just need to kill Arbeloa, or at least bench him for good. I'm gonna be pissed if he keeps on starting just because of his (unjustified) reputation.
Jese is a huge, huge talent indeed. He's just different. A bit selfish at times, but that's improved quite a lot in the past season. I really hope he's promoted to the first team and given a fair chance, even though it's not gonna happen.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: