Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #5296
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Lmao Lassoga what a dive.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #5297
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Spain just beat a disappointing Russia 1-0 in their Euro U21 debut. The Spaniards completely dominated the match (no bias), which could've easily finished 4/5-0, considering they had around 7 clear chances. Posession must have been around 70/75% in Spain's favor, and the Russians shot just once and it wasn't even on goal, while Spain shot at least 5/6 times on goal, for a total of 20+ shots.
The match went as expected, with Spain keeping posession and displaying a fluid and dynamic game, and a Russia without Dzagoev fielding 10 men in their own box for most of the match. They even assigned a guy to man mark Isco anywhere he went.
MOTM (my opinion): Isco
Honorable mention: Thiago Alcantara, Asier Illarramendi, Inigo Martinez.

Thoughts:

-Isco is the truth. He didn't get it going all that much in the 1st. half due to the man mark (and still he did some things very few other footballers can do, let alone with an man on him all the time), but he was unbelievable in the second. He's such a joy to watch.

-Thiago Alcantara played a great game. He carried the team in the first half with his playmaking and dribbling, and was even active on defense. He also assisted Morata for the goal on a corner delivery. The only reason he doesn't get MOTM is because Isco took over spectacularly in the second half.

-Morata is a damn good player. His positioning, especially at such a young age, is second to none, and his mobility and quickness caused lots of problems to the Russian defense in the 30 minutes he was on the pitch. He could become a very good striker if given solid minutes and confidence.

-Asier Illarramendi is Xabi Alonso reborn. Not as good a long passer and he has a little more pace, but the way he moves and reads the game reminds me so much of him.

Agreed.
It felt like watching one of Fiorentina's games this season. Total domination, continued possession, attacks from the wingers to the box... and then Bang! bounced back by the opposition, without being able to find a way to score. And then they win with a header from a set piece. It was the story of Fiorentina's season.

I like that guy Illarramendi, too bad Sociedad will want to keep him. He reminded me of Giuseppe Giannini (this is for the 30+ yr olds).

All in all, they didn't seem to me that much better than Italy (no bias... I think) and the Dutch here. Those three teams will be the contenders.
Germany very underwhelming.

Last edited by Jasi : 06-06-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #5298
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^^Germany have picked it up in the second half, though. More heart than anything, but they've created quite a few good chances and are also containing the Dutch quite well. Holtby is starting to play really well.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #5299
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Indeed!
What a shot by Volland!
Old 06-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #5300
Uncle Drew
NBA lottery pick

Uncle Drew has decent reputation

Wow.
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #5301
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Volland nearly scored a beauty
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #5302
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Agreed.
It felt like watching one of Fiorentina's games this season. Total domination, continued possession, attacks from the wingers to the box... and then Bang! bounced back by the opposition, without being able to find a way to score. And then they win with a header from a set piece. It was the story of Fiorentina's season.

I like that guy Illarramendi, too bad Sociedad will want to keep him. He reminded me of Giuseppe Giannini (this is for the 30+ yr olds).

All in all, they didn't seem to me that much better than Italy (no bias... I think) and the Dutch here. Those three teams will be the contenders.
Germany very underwhelming.

Il principe, right? I know the guy and I know I saw him play for Roma at some point back in the day, but I can't remember him clearly. Oh, and screw you for making me feel old now
Old 06-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #5303
Uncle Drew
NBA lottery pick

Cor Pot should bring Clasie on.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #5304
Königspinguin
LandValueTax=Future

Königspinguin has decent reputationKönigspinguin has decent reputation

Should've brought Kevin Volland earlier. Much better than Lasogga or Mlapa.

At least play the best players you do have on your team.

Rainer Adrion.
Königspinguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #5305
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

I'd love to see Vilhena and Clasie, do you Dutch guys think either will get some playing time?
Old 06-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #5306
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Classic Cor Pot right here. Dutch team dominating in the first half and then they come back for the second playing like it's a scrimmage.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #5307
Uncle Drew
NBA lottery pick

Oh God, why Jozefzoon.

Quote:
I'd love to see Vilhena and Clasie, do you Dutch guys think either will get some playing time?

Clasie: yes, Vilhena: doubt it.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #5308
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
Oh God, why Jozefzoon.
Shouid've tried to dribble past the goalie imo. He was too close for that kind of shot.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #5309
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Il principe, right? I know the guy and I know I saw him play for Roma at some point back in the day, but I can't remember him clearly. Oh, and screw you for making me feel old now

Him. I never realised he had the same nickname as Diego Milito and Enzo Francescoli (who look exactly the same)

Old 06-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #5310
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi

Him. I never realised he had the same nickname as Diego Milito and Enzo Francescoli (who look exactly the same)

Francescoli was actually "El principito", if my memory serves me right, but it's more than close enough. Not a bad lot to share a nickname with anyway, is it?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: