Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #5446
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
Italy youth better than Dutch
stop embarassing yourself like you know any of the dutch players... as of right now they are stuck in the eredivisie, im not sure if they are even starting for their teams, while the italians are already key pieces for teams like psg roma napoli
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #5447
Trollsmasher
#fireSpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi

please tell me about your great life and your great adventures you had. you must be the real life hank moody.
I more than comfortably well-off and very content with my life, thanks for asking.

And I managed to do it without cheating and frauding, unlike Messi

And unlike you, my world is not going to colaps into itself with Messi going to jail. What are you going to do?

I can see you going to Spain, killing someone and hoping to get sent to the same prison as Messi so you can rape him
Trollsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:16 AM   #5448
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

This will be a shock to the game, if Messi was really guilty. he would be in jail and it will affect his legacy.

Could this be like Ronaldinho getting replaced by up and coming Messi, now it's Messi's turn to relinquish everything to Neymar.

I can definitely see the country of Spain investigating one of the richest player in their country, who's an Argentinian. They don't care about him.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #5449
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
ive read some shorter article i found on facebook, it doesnt make sense because when this happened ( 2007-2009) messi was already one of the richest footballers so unless his father is hiding something it doesnt make sense
I doubt he does his own taxes. He doesn't sit there with a stack of papers. If he's being accused of this someone else did it, unless he instructed them to hide money for some reason which seems bizarre.

He'll pay penalty (which he has) so no jail. No issue.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #5450
Trollsmasher
#fireSpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I doubt he does his own taxes. He doesn't sit there with a stack of papers. If he's being accused of this someone else did it, unless he instructed them to hide money for some reason which seems bizarre.

He'll pay penalty (which he has) so no jail. No issue.
It does not seem so simple. He (or people around him, but with his money which he is responsible for) allegedly used shell companies in tax havens like Urugay or Belize to lower his taxes. This is not some simple non paying of taxes by mistake.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #5451
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
It does not seem so simple. He (or people around him, but with his money which he is responsible for) allegedly used shell companies in tax havens like Urugay or Belize to lower his taxes. This is not some simple non paying of taxes by mistake.
It's not going to lead back to him, it's going to lead back to whoever is taking care of his money, they'll pay it, the end. You go to jail when you can't pay the taxes or penalties.

It will be embarrasing and expensive, that's it.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #5452
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
It's not going to lead back to him, it's going to lead back to whoever is taking care of his money, they'll pay it, the end. You go to jail when you can't pay the taxes or penalties.

It will be embarrasing and expensive, that's it.
Spot on. People who go to jail for tax evasion in Spain are usually repeating offenders and/or those part of criminal organizations. Theoretically speaking he could go to jail from one to five years, but what will happen is he (they) will admit to the offense and therefore avoid jail time. Now the fine will be hefty, it can go from 100% (so 4.1M EUR) to 400% (24.4M EUR) of the evaded taxes. I have a feeling they won't be too harsh on him, though. And by the way, the last piece I've read on the case says that it was his father who asked Messi's accountants to find a way to decrease their taxes, but all with Messi's knowledge and acquiescence.

Last edited by Lebowsky : 06-13-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #5453
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

lol jail time is obviously out of question... athletes rape and kill people and basically get away with it. taxes?

but obviously haters can only hope for the worst, your life must really suck if you wake up every day hoping for something bad to happen to someone
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #5454
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Definitely jail time because it wasn't like some mistake.

He was setting up companies in other countries to hide his money. That is knowingly doing it.

Unless, those business are legitimate businesses and they can prove it.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #5455
Trollsmasher
#fireSpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Spot on. People who go to jail for tax evasion in Spain are usually repeating offenders and/or those part of criminal organizations. Theoretically speaking he could go to jail from one to five years, but what will happen is he (they) will admit to the offense and therefore avoid jail time. Now the fine will be hefty, it can go from 100% (so 4.1M EUR) to 400% (24.4M EUR) of the evaded taxes. I have a feeling they won't be too harsh on him, though. And by the way, the last piece I've read on the case says that it was his father who asked Messi's accountants to find a way to decrease their taxes, but all with Messi's knowledge and acquiescence.
Technically speaking, setting up different companies to hide his money flow in multiple countries can be taken as an organized crime.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #5456
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
Technically speaking, setting up different companies to hide his money flow in multiple countries can be taken as an organized crime.
You're right, but the kind of organized crime I mean is more like Russian mob, Italian mafia and so. Messi and his father setting up a scheme to evade taxes is not gonna get them in jail, I can tell you that much.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #5457
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

If they decide to use Messi and his father as examples, he's going to jail.

Hopefully this will deter terrorist organizations from funneling money like this.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:59 AM   #5458
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky

You think he's really going to admit it and just pay the fines? If he admits he's guilty it would ruin his reputation.

This is not looking good and will affect his play on the pitch.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #5459
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

PSG is reportedly going to release Ancelotti today or tomorrow. Signing for Real could be imminent.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #5460
daj0264
I am a love machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
You think he's really going to admit it and just pay the fines? If he admits he's guilty it would ruin his reputation.

This is not looking good and will affect his play on the pitch.

You would rather go to jail than admit it?
daj0264 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: