Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-14-2013, 12:14 AM   #5491
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
He was rumored to end up in Sevilla as part of the Navas deal, but I haven't heard anything else about that. They sure could have used him.

But would Sevilla be good for him. Sevilla played ugly last year - alot of target man football and strong defense. They aren't going to change their system for Denis.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #5492
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
But would Sevilla be good for him. Sevilla played ugly last year - alot of target man football and strong defense. They aren't going to change their system for Denis.
Well, I think the way they played is circumstantial. You will agree it was nothing like it used to be in their good years. They just had to adjust to the loss of some of their best players forced by their economic struggles. They don't have anyone like him on the roster, maybe Campana a little tiny bit. All in all, I agree he'd be better served going to a smaller team where he can be the (or one of) the central pieces and start regularly.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:26 AM   #5493
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
i'm aware of his talent, i've seen him play quite a bit at the youth levels. i get a laugh out of someone who's never seen a player play and calling him a great young player without any firsthand viewing

it's of my opinion that most top youth players in spain that isn't in his club's first team picture and is being courted by real and barca should go to those clubs because being able to get regular minutes in the segunda division is a huge benefit. reserve team minutes are so much less valuable.
I agree with that. Segunda division is a tough, physical league. Spending some time there gives these ultra-talented young prospects a different taste of what football is like at the pro stages, and adds more dimensions to their game. You don't want your wonderkids to get complacent due to lack of competition, or just rot on the bench somewhere. It did wonders for the likes of Silva, Cazorla, Villa, etc...
Old 06-14-2013, 12:28 AM   #5494
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Quote:
i'm aware of his talent, i've seen him play quite a bit at the youth levels. i get a laugh out of someone who's never seen a player play and calling him a great young player without any firsthand viewing

it's of my opinion that most top youth players in spain that isn't in his club's first team picture and is being courted by real and barca should go to those clubs because being able to get regular minutes in the segunda division is a huge benefit. reserve team minutes are so much less valuable.

Well I disagree to an extent I suppose. I think with us (Madrid) we have little faith in the youth setup and that's misguided. Right now the B team plays in Segunda and because of that I think we could potentially take on guys like Denis (though - to be honest I would like Sarabia back and Kaka sold).

But the thing is - at other teams - they spend time in Segunda and get promoted....with us...there is nothing other Segunda and no matter what they do that will be the case.

Any fan in Spain will tell you we never judge players by their competition, but by the skills they exhibit. Certain skills transcend competition and those are the skills we emphasize. There was 0 doubt in anyones mind that Carvajal could go from the 3rd division to the 1st division without much lag, because he simply has the skills to do it.

But because we don't trust the setup we'll send him to Germany for a year and play Michael Essien at right back in the most important games of the season.

Same w/ Pablo (who despite his struggles at Getafe is for me one of the most talented player's we've produced) and soon to be with Jese, Morata and later with Pozo.

All play at a high enough level and have the skill but don't have the hype.

Barca is different, If I was a midfielder I wouldn't go to Barca because there is a learning curve and they're stacked - but if I'm someone like Alcacer or any talented forward or defender and Barca come calling....I'm there. There is very real possibility you get your chance.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #5495
Andrew Wiggins
National High School Star

Andrew Wiggins is a pretty well-respected posterAndrew Wiggins is a pretty well-respected posterAndrew Wiggins is a pretty well-respected posterAndrew Wiggins is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I agree with that. Segunda division is a tough, physical league. Spending some time there gives these ultra-talented young prospects a different taste of what football is like at the pro stages, and adds more dimensions to their game. You don't want your wonderkids to get complacent due to lack of competition, or just rot on the bench somewhere. It did wonders for the likes of Silva, Cazorla, Villa, etc...

yes -- spot on. it's a resource that barcelona, previously villarreal, and now real have that other top teams simply don't and it's a great one. you simply can't simulate going against experienced pros in meaningful games and it's crucial to a young players developmental curve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
Well I disagree to an extent I suppose. I think with us (Madrid) we have little faith in the youth setup and that's misguided. Right now the B team plays in Segunda and because of that I think we could potentially take on guys like Denis (though - to be honest I would like Sarabia back and Kaka sold).

But the thing is - at other teams - they spend time in Segunda and get promoted....with us...there is nothing other Segunda and no matter what they do that will be the case.

Any fan in Spain will tell you we never judge players by their competition, but by the skills they exhibit. Certain skills transcend competition and those are the skills we emphasize. There was 0 doubt in anyones mind that Carvajal could go from the 3rd division to the 1st division without much lag, because he simply has the skills to do it.

But because we don't trust the setup we'll send him to Germany for a year and play Michael Essien at right back in the most important games of the season.

Same w/ Pablo (who despite his struggles at Getafe is for me one of the most talented player's we've produced) and soon to be with Jese, Morata and later with Pozo.

All play at a high enough level and have the skill but don't have the hype.

Barca is different, If I was a midfielder I wouldn't go to Barca because there is a learning curve and they're stacked - but if I'm someone like Alcacer or any talented forward or defender and Barca come calling....I'm there. There is very real possibility you get your chance.

brother, i'm not spanish but i live in spain, i'm aware of the thinking of the fans lol

and i see the points you're making and agree with a lot of them, but playing reserve games and sitting on the bench doesn't afford one the same kind of experience and growth that playing regularly in a competitive, high level environment does

as for carvajal, that was simply oversight and mismanagement on madrid's side. they saw him play everyday and yet felt that arbeloa was better
Andrew Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:15 AM   #5496
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
he wouldn't replace gotze, he'd sit on the bench

they have better guys lined up

Are you kidding me? You obviously have never seen Pjanic play, hes one of the key reasons why Bosnia jumped to #15 in the world. Man City, Spurs, and Dortmund all want his signature.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:39 AM   #5497
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
Are you kidding me? You obviously have never seen Pjanic play, hes one of the key reasons why Bosnia jumped to #15 in the world. Man City, Spurs, and Dortmund all want his signature.
He's been pretty bad at Roma tho. I also don't think he's ready for a team like Dortmund and i'm not sure he would even fit in the current system, unless they want to switch to a 4-3-3.

Last edited by blablabla : 06-14-2013 at 03:41 AM.
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #5498
Andrew Wiggins
National High School Star

Andrew Wiggins is a pretty well-respected posterAndrew Wiggins is a pretty well-respected posterAndrew Wiggins is a pretty well-respected posterAndrew Wiggins is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo

i've watched roma enough to know that he was used as a substitute a lot and didn't even appear in a few games when he was healthy. he's a good young player with talent but he's not good enough to start for dortmund yet and especially not good enough to fill in for gotze. nuri sahin is a better player and he hardly played last season.

you're just a homer kid
Andrew Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #5499
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
i've watched roma enough to know that he was used as a substitute a lot and didn't even appear in a few games when he was healthy. he's a good young player with talent but he's not good enough to start for dortmund yet and especially not good enough to fill in for gotze. nuri sahin is a better player and he hardly played last season.

you're just a homer kid

Nuri Sahin blows. This is the same guy who couldn't crack RM or Liverpool's rotation at all.

Plus I highly doubt Sahin can replace Goetze as Sahin is more of a defensive-center midfielder and not really an attacking one. I think a guy like Eriksen would be good and he won't cost a fortune as well(which is weird)
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #5500
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Nuri Sahin blows. This is the same guy who couldn't crack RM or Liverpool's rotation at all.

Plus I highly doubt Sahin can replace Goetze as Sahin is more of a defensive-center midfielder and not really an attacking one. I think a guy like Eriksen would be good and he won't cost a fortune as well(which is weird)

He couldn't make our rotation because Mourinhio is an idiot and Liverpool's because Rodgers has a crush on Joe Allen. But you're right , there is 0 chance he replaces Goetze.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #5501
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

you're just a homer kid

He was injured a lot, its not his fault he didn't appear in matches. He was used as a sub because he was still recovering from his injuries and they didn't want him to get hurt again. I might be a homer, but you are also belittling his game, 'kid'.

Sahin couldn't replace Gotze, he could play Ilkay's position and put him as the CAM, but Sahin himself isn't exactly an attacking player.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #5502
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

USA u20 beat Portugal's U20 3-1 in Portugal.

They kick off the u20 WC against Spain in a week.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #5503
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder

You got it wrong, they're gonna get their asses kicked against Spain in the WC in a week Just kidding, any good prospects to keep an eye on in the US squad?
Old 06-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #5504
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder

At least Bruma kept his scoring run
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #5505
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You got it wrong, they're gonna get their asses kicked against Spain in the WC in a week Just kidding, any good prospects to keep an eye on in the US squad?

You're probably right

Well, this is probably one of the most, if not the most talented U20 squad we've had, but most likely mediocre by Spain's lofty standards. This is the first US team I've seen that is so comfortable in possession, they play with a lot of flair, and are quite agressive in pressing the midfield. The defense is suspect though.

Best players on this team (IMO):
- Jose Villarreal (LA Galaxy) - a flashy winger with pace and a lethal left foot, regularly starts for the Galaxy (Some goals - 1, 2)

- Luis Gil (Real Salt Lake) - a creative, plamaking midfielder who's been playing first team soccer for a few years, had offers from Real Madrid and Arsenal's youth academies but opted to take a pro contract with RSL

- Deandre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders) - lightning quick, attacking RB who plays with a ton of confidence. He might even be on the US WC squad next year

Sadly three of our better prospects couldn't make it - 2 of them had horrible leg breaks (Marc Pelosi from Liverpool, Will Packwood from Birmingham) and John Anthony Brooks (Hertha Berlin) looks like he might want to hold out for Germany.

Our goalkeeper is crap from what I've seen and defense is a liability but I think our attacking guys can keep up with anyone. Projected starting 11:
Cropper
Yedlin - Stanko - O'Neil - Ocegueda
Gil - Trapp - Joya
Villarreal - Hernandez - Rodriguez

Who are Spain's best prospects? I recognize a few of the names (Jese, Deulofeu, Oliver Torres, and Suso) but haven't seen them play apart from a few minutes of Suso.

Last edited by Grinder : 06-14-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: