Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #46
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

so Brazil has 50 million rated hulk, 50 million rated lucas, 60 million rated neymar

they're gonna contend for WC 2014
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #47
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

too bad neymar is so shit

Not to mention Ramires and Lucas in the middle, o gottdamn new golden generation
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #48
EnoughSaid
Wade County

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

I'm REALLY hoping that Van Persie doesn't leave us. I'm actually really happy with the core we have at the moment, and then also getting Wilshire back from injury, and Podolski will help out. COYG!
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #49
arkain
Local High School Star

arkain has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
I'm REALLY hoping that Van Persie doesn't leave us. I'm actually really happy with the core we have at the moment, and then also getting Wilshire back from injury, and Podolski will help out. COYG!

Could that really happen? I just assumed it was English journalists just talking up a sh*tstorm just cause he hasn't signed a contract yet. The way he's talked about Arsenal and London seemed like he would never move.
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #50
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
so Brazil has 50 million rated hulk, 50 million rated lucas, 60 million rated neymar

they're gonna contend for WC 2014
they are gonna win WC 2014
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #51
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
too bad neymar is so shit

Not to mention Ramires and Lucas in the middle, o gottdamn new golden generation
doesnt score you goals on football manager?
Old 05-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #52
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
doesnt score you goals on football manager?
he costs like $120 million ATLEAST to pry him away from santos on football manager, overrated scrub 30-40 players equal or better to him for cheaper in that game,

Dunno why you mock football manager, for someone who loves football so much you would really love this game

only problem is some of the teams like Red Star Belgrade or Zenit are rated way too highly, for instance Darko Lazovic is probably top 20 attacking mid in the world on that game, but not that good in real life, but otherwise it's pretty spot on.

I won the champions league with red star after three seasons, my best achievement was winning it with Lyn Oslo though

such a sick game

Last edited by Nick Young : 05-22-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #53
alenleomessi

Quote:
he costs like $120 million ATLEAST to pry him away from santos on football manager, overrated scrub 30-40 players equal or better to him for cheaper in that game,

Dunno why you mock football manager, for someone who loves football so much you would really love this game

only problem is some of the teams like Red Star Belgrade or Zenit are rated way too highly, for instance Darko Lazovic is probably top 20 attacking mid in the world on that game, but not that good in real life, but otherwise it's pretty spot on.

I won the champions league with red star after three seasons, my best achievement was winning it with Lyn Oslo though

such a sick game
well its great that it has almost every club and players, prospects and all that, but its a simulation game and thats boring to me
Old 05-22-2012, 05:39 PM   #54
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
well its great that it has almost every club and players, prospects and all that, but its a simulation game and thats boring to me
its the most intense simulation in the history of simulations, like you actually are a goddamn manager of a pro football team!

You're missing out homie, you're missing out!
Old 05-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #55
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
its the most intense simulation in the history of simulations, like you actually are a goddamn manager of a pro football team!

Career mode on FIFA is pretty similar but you can actually play the games and such. I believe they consulted with the FM guys to build it.

Currently on year 5 of managing Sunderland. Started off with a 25 million budget and slowly built it up threw a strong youth academy and started selling off the guys I developed to the point where I had enough money to make big transfers. Current squad:

Ter Stegen
Lora - Vertonghen - Ogbonna (absolute monster) - Nagatomo
Prince Boateng
Hazard - Wilshere (world class player now) - Bale (another world class player by year 5)
Lucas
Bony

Bench:
Varane
Wynne
Nilson
Promoted youth players
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #56
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Career mode on FIFA is pretty similar but you can actually play the games and such. I believe they consulted with the FM guys to build it.

Currently on year 5 of managing Sunderland. Started off with a 25 million budget and slowly built it up threw a strong youth academy and started selling off the guys I developed to the point where I had enough money to make big transfers. Current squad:

Ter Stegen
Prince Boateng
Hazard - Wilshere (world class player now) - Bale (another world class player by year 5)
Lucas
Bony

Bench:
Varane
Wynne
Nilson
Promoted youth players
career mode on fifa is nothing like fm
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #57
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Damn, I didn't play manager since 2009. Used to love that game...
Wonder why they made him that good, I mean he's a good young player, but no way a top 20 in the world.
And Red Star isn't really a good team

EDIT - How good is Lazar Markovic from Partizan?

Last edited by jamal99 : 05-22-2012 at 06:07 PM.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #58
arkain
Local High School Star

arkain has decent reputation

Quote:

Ter Stegen
Prince Boateng
Lucas
Bony

Bench:
Varane
Wynne
Nilson
Promoted youth players

80% of your team wouldn't even join you in FM. FIFA career mode is a joke compared to FM.

I don't play FM anymore though, I used to play network games with a couple of friends and that used to be fun, but single player just couldn't hold my interest after the multiplayer experience.
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #59
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Current squad:

Ter Stegen
Prince Boateng
Lucas
Bony

Verthongen RCB? I just puked in my mouth a little.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #60
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Is there a tutorial for manager? I like simulation but I tried to play it last year and was completely lost..
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: