Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #751
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Last season Chelsea could only play one way, because Mata was the only creative attacker.

Now chelsea can overwhelm offensively with Mata, Hazard, Marin, Oscar, or they can still lock up shop when they have to.

Premier League is a league where the presence of actual strikers is needed, rather than a continental approach of 'false-9's'
Man City have 4 strikers (unless Aguero is seriously injured), Man United have 5 strikers. Chelsea have 2; Torres and Sturridge. That is it as a front men. Now granted the level of attacking midfielders is comparable Mata, Hazard et al would certainly hold up against the likes of Nasri/Silva or Nani/Young/Kagawa. But if Torres gets injured or knackered in the Champions League then Chelsea have issues where as the Manchester's can turn on the likes of Mario, Dzeko or Welbeck, Chichurito hell even Berbatov for legit success in the league while resting the best for the CL or vice-versa. They both have an attacking depth Chelsea can not match. Chelsea have an arguable comparable defensive unit with Man City
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #752
niko
I Run NY.

Chelsea only needs 1 more striker and you'd think they'll go pick one up. You don't need 4 or 5, you need 2 very good one and 1 more for depth. If you have 4 or 5 you have 2 unhappy players who never get in.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #753
brownmamba00
Cali Love

It's up to el Nino to make it happen this year...or get his ass shipped out.
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #754
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Chelsea only needs 1 more striker and you'd think they'll go pick one up. You don't need 4 or 5, you need 2 very good one and 1 more for depth. If you have 4 or 5 you have 2 unhappy players who never get in.
Sturridge is a great striker for backup. I really hope Lukaku's loan deal has a recall clause that lets us get him back at any point in the season if we need him. I have a feeling he's going to prove himself to be a beast at West Brom.

Can't believe this guy didn't start more last year, he should have started every Carling cup game and shitty early FA cup games. Wasted a year of development+he could have been used to playing with the first team by now
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #755
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

I think Aguero's out for 2-3 weeks.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #756
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

City 5th striker- Adebayor and Adam Johnson who is barely their reserve, can start on 90% of EPL teams
Now thats depth
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #757
Grinder

We're close to signing Stefan Jovetic

Looks like we're going to sell Adebayor back to Tottenham (no surprise), Roque Santa Cruz, John Guidetti, and Adam Johnson. Dzeko could be on his way out to a top Serie A club so Jovetic will definitely get significant time on the pitch.

Sorry Jasi.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #758
blablabla

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
City 5th striker- Adebayor and Adam Johnson who is barely their reserve, can start on 90% of EPL teams
Now thats depth
are you about to jump on the city bandwagon
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #759
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
Because they didn't crap on Barca in the champions league plus they are a great team, win win for him. He'll have his new lite blue avi until they pose a threat to Barca and then they'll suck and he'll swear he always thought that.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #760
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
no but i will on your mothers
Old 08-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #761
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
no but i will on your mothers
His mom has a bandwagon?
Old 08-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #762
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

Quote:
Because they didn't crap on Barca in the champions league plus they are a great team, win win for him. He'll have his new lite blue avi until they pose a threat to Barca and then they'll suck and he'll swear he always thought that.
you are BY FAR the least knowledgeable 'soccer fan' on here, im not even sure what are you doing here, you dont make any proper discussion, you dont write any information about players or teams, you dont discuss team, you just quote me the same shit over and over again and you know its not true. Im 10 times the fan you will ever be.

go back to your japanesse wife you nets bandwagoner, cuz u sure dont belong here
Old 08-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #763
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
you are BY FAR the least knowledgeable 'soccer fan' on here, im not even sure what are you doing here, you dont make any proper discussion, you dont write any information about players or teams, you dont discuss team, you just quote me the same shit over and over again and you know its not true. Im 10 times the fan you will ever be.

go back to your japanesse wife you nets bandwagoner, cuz u sure dont belong here

NO thank you. And unlike you, i don't post dozens of posts explaining how players i like are fantastic and players on opposing teams suck. The whole Eurocup you posted how terrible Ronaldo was. Give me a break. You know more names and more players, but based on people shitting on nearly every opinion you have, you are not knowledgable at all.

I'll leave the soccer thread when people like you who pretend to know about the NBA stop posting in the NBA forum. Somehow, it's ok for people in Europe to follow the NBA, but i can't follow EPL. Try again.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #764
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

Quote:
NO thank you. And unlike you, i don't post dozens of posts explaining how players i like are fantastic and players on opposing teams suck. The whole Eurocup you posted how terrible Ronaldo was. Give me a break. You know more names and more players, but based on people shitting on nearly every opinion you have, you are not knowledgable at all.

I'll leave the soccer thread when people like you who pretend to know about the NBA stop posting in the NBA forum. Somehow, it's ok for people in Europe to follow the NBA, but i can't follow EPL. Try again.
I already explained you about Ronaldo the previous page.

And no you are telling me i post dozens of posts explaining how players i like are fantastic and players on opposing teams suck. Bullshit. Im pretty sure i got that bandwagoner nickname, because many times ive said that i like some players on that real team... or now i say how deep is city, and that austrian douchebag tells me im a bandwagoner... Give ME a break.

And unlike you, people from Europe watch NBA for years, even decades. You watch soccer, for what, 2 years?
Old 08-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #765
b1imtf
raep tiem

Quote:

Of the guys that post here about football, I'm probably the least knowledgeable lool
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: