Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #796
The Ownage
Local High School Star

Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

I didn't follow Serie A much last season. Aren't Juventus considered to have the best midfield with Marchisio/Vidal/Pirlo?
The Ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #797
Rubio2Gasol
Decent college freshman

Yea.

But I hate Juventus
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #798
AirTupac
Hop on the Buss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
Bradley is a player I've followed for a while.

I often don't like American players but I love Michael Bradley. He just finds a way to influence each and every game he plays in, and his game has no weakness.

He's the ideal partner for someone like De Rossi who picks and chooses when and where to influence games, Bradley can succesfully fill any role to complement him.

Essentially he's the American Luis Enrique.

Pjanic is a great talent , comfortable on the ball , great understanding of space and calm...a bit in between an attacking midfielder and a Cm.

It's a shame they didn't retain Gago.

Then they would definitely have the best midfield in Italy.

Pjanic played excellent for Bosnia when they played Wales a week ago. Thats why I think Spurs got the sudden interest in him. He was doing everything on the field and the announcers were going crazy for him.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #799
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Is he better than Moutinho ?
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #800
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Bradley is a player I've followed for a while.

I often don't like American players but I love Michael Bradley. He just finds a way to influence each and every game he plays in, and his game has no weakness.

He's the ideal partner for someone like De Rossi who picks and chooses when and where to influence games, Bradley can succesfully fill any role to complement him.

Essentially he's the American Luis Enrique.

Pjanic is a great talent , comfortable on the ball , great understanding of space and calm...a bit in between an attacking midfielder and a Cm.

It's a shame they didn't retain Gago.

Then they would definitely have the best midfield in Italy.

DDon't underestimate Tachstidis, he's a very young but vey talented Greek playmaker and I think he will really make Bradley's life a starter very hard.

But yeah, Juve's midfield is better and Fiorentina's is up there too now.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #801
Nick Young
Prophet of the Mamba

need to get a proper Roma Bradley shirt, he's the American Xavi after all

Boyd a superstar in austria, demsey a star in England, Donavan with the legendary experience, Altidore a star in Holland, Bradley a star in Italy, we are stacked now.

Boyd-Altidore-Bradley-Dempsey-Donovan-Howard, holy damn we could make it to the semis at the next world cup, 2014 cant come sooner
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #802
Rubio2Gasol
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young

Boyd a superstar in austria, demsey a star in England, Donavan with the legendary experience, Altidore a star in Holland, Bradley a star in Italy, we are stacked now.

Boyd-Altidore-Bradley-Dempsey-Donovan-Howard, holy damn we could make it to the semis at the next world cup, 2014 cant come sooner

This is why I don't like American players
Old 08-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #803
Nick Young
Prophet of the Mamba

USA has beaten Italy in Italy, Spain, and tied with Argentina in recent memory. They always play clutch in tournaments and have solid discipline. They're kind of like Paraguay in that they are an underrated darkhorse in the past three world cups. USA is already legitamately better than England. USA footballs main traits are clutch mentality, discipline and elite fitness and athleticism, abit like traditional German teams only without the technical skill.

Our only weakness in the past was strikers who could finish chances. Only Dempsey and Donovan could score consistently. The defense is never in question. Now we have altidore and boyd and agudelo, and studs in midfield like bradley and jermaine jones and Maurice Edu, before only Claudio Reyna was our only player up to their level.

USA can go places, especially in South America where european teams tend to fail.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #804
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
This is why I don't like American players
You don't like american players because you get trolled by american posters? This is why I donate to mental hospitals to help people like you yet your still ungrateful
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #805
Rubio2Gasol
Decent college freshman

Trolled? Nah....

They're just generally overrated lol.

I think the team has the potential to do well because they play a pragmatic game which suits their strengths, but guys like Altidore etc are relative scrubs in the world of football.

Don't even know who Boyd is and why success in Austria is relevant TBH.

Bradley and Jones will be a solid midfield in 2014.

It's like how you guys act with that guy Euroleague lol, except in reverse.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #806
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
Trolled? Nah....

They're just generally overrated lol.

I think the team has the potential to do well because they play a pragmatic game which suits their strengths, but guys like Altidore etc are relative scrubs in the world of football.

Don't even know who Boyd is and why success in Austria is relevant TBH.

Bradley and Jones will be a solid midfield in 2014.

It's like how you guys act with that guy Euroleague lol, except in reverse.

So you don't like players because their overrated by poster/troll like nick or yellow media? But who are the "you guys" never seen posters here talk like our players are gods. I guess I don't like england even though they're overrated by english media and fifa ranking tables. Euroleague actually think greece had a shot at gold
Old 08-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #807
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young

Bradley isn't similar to Xavi at all and if anything he's the American Toure(obviously not as good)

Boyd plays for Rapid Vienna lol.. Lets give him a couple of months at his team before we proclaim him the next big thing but I do like him as a prospect though. He's strong and talented on the ball.

Donovan will be practically done by 2014 if he doesn't retire at the end of this season.

We better hope on Geoff Cameron and Tim Ream pan out and hope they can solidify the central defense as Bocanegra and Oweynu will be done by 2014 and I do think Cameron and Ream will form a good partnership. Especially Ream where I've been watching since 2010 when he was a rookie on the Red Bulls.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #808
Rubio2Gasol
Decent college freshman

A world cup semi-final berth, considering the competitiveness of international football and it's truly global nature is almost like having a shot at gold.

I'm no really referring to posters , though this one provoked the comment , it has more to do with media attitudes....and the attitudes of causual fans.

I hate England as well TBH.

As I said, I like some American player, those that actually merit it, relative scrubs like Altidore I hate , because a big deal is made out of them when they are in fact nothing special at all.

Guys Like Bradley,Jones,Dempsey,Howard and Williams I think are rated fine. In Bradley's case he's actually underrated.

Last edited by Rubio2Gasol : 08-21-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #809
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
A world cup semi-final berth, considering the competitiveness of international football and it's truly global nature is almost like having a shot at gold.

I'm no really referring to posters , though this one provoked the comment , it has more to do with media attitudes....and the attitudes of causual fans.

I hate England as well TBH.

As I said, I like some American player, those that actually merit it, relative scrubs like Altidore I hate , because a big deal is made out of them when they are in fact nothing special at all.
What are you talking about I said euroleague thinks greece bball team had a shot at gold and those scrubs got killed by scrubs that's bodies are no where to be found after the americans slaughtered them down righht and dirty. I also know what you mean about altidore but I don't HATE player because they didn't live up to media hype. Like Freddy Edu becoming the next Pele but I won't hate because I'm not a retard and hate a player based on what someone else said. Why not just hate the people who said it even tho it's still unwarranted.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #810
Nick Young
Prophet of the Mamba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rpM5rrFwq0
for those of you ignorant to the elite talent that is Terrance Boyd.

Altidore has a solid goal scoring rate at international level and that's all you need, he overperforms for the national team. That's all you need at international level, it's better than a guy like Rooney for example who is world class but underperforms badly for the national team.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: