Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #811
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Bradley isn't similar to Xavi at all and if anything he's the American Toure(obviously not as good)

Boyd plays for Rapid Vienna lol.. Lets give him a couple of months at his team before we proclaim him the next big thing but I do like him as a prospect though. He's strong and talented on the ball.

Donovan will be practically done by 2014 if he doesn't retire at the end of this season.

We better hope on Geoff Cameron and Tim Ream pan out and hope they can solidify the central defense as Bocanegra and Oweynu will be done by 2014 and I do think Cameron and Ream will form a good partnership. Especially Ream where I've been watching since 2010 when he was a rookie on the Red Bulls.
What about Fabian and the mexicutioner?
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #812
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
What are you talking about I said euroleague thinks greece bball team had a shot at gold and those scrubs got killed by scrubs that's bodies are no where to be found after the americans slaughtered them down righht and dirty. I also know what you mean about altidore but I don't HATE player because they didn't live up to media hype. Like Freddy Edu becoming the next Pele but I won't hate because I'm not a retard and hate a player based on what someone else said. Why not just hate the people who said it even tho it's still unwarranted.
Freddy Adu is still only 22 years old and starting to break back in to the USA national team. He's only 22 and is vastly experienced. He might break down early or stay in the MLS forever and never get that good, but remember HE'S ONLY 22 and the international pressure probably messed with his on field production alot, now that everyone has forgot about him he is playing much better. He is one of USA's top flair and creative playmakers, he could be a big asset for us in 2014
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #813
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Freddy Adu is still only 22 years old and starting to break back in to the USA national team. He's only 22 and is vastly experienced. He might break down early or stay in the MLS forever and never get that good, but remember HE'S ONLY 22 and the international pressure probably messed with his on field production alot, now that everyone has forgot about him he is playing much better. He is one of USA's top flair and creative playmakers, he could be a big asset for us in 2014
I never said he can never become good but I'm willing to bet he won't become the next Pele aka goat
Old 08-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #814
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

First of all, I'm not even sure if this is a serious discussion.

There's a difference between hating someone personally ( which i can't , I haven't me them) and disliking their game while looking at them from the perspective of what the media has touted them to be.

That's a natural perspective , which almost every fan in the world takes.

There are literally a hundred threads each day bitching about Lebron and Kobe and nooone who makes these threads have met them.What do you want people to do, talk shit about the media? that's not really realistic.

Anyway, whatever.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #815
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
First of all, I'm not even sure if this is a serious discussion.

There's a difference between hating someone personally ( which i can't , I haven't me them) and disliking their game while looking at them from the perspective of what the media has touted them to be.

That's a natural perspective , which almost every fan in the world takes.

There are literally a hundred threads each day bitching about Lebron and Kobe and nooone who makes these threads have met them.What do you want people to do, talk shit about the media? that's not really realistic.

Anyway, whatever.
Invalid you said hate the (insert player) maybe you should be more specific next time. And there's also a difference between the word hate and dislike in which you used hate. School R US
Old 08-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #816
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPe8ByCkRFM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx4lLKlSfUE
if you see a kid pull off stuff like this regularly as a 14 year old playing against 17 and 18 year olds what would you think? Do you think pro scouts didnt see genius in him? What is anyone supposed to think? Are you telling me if a 14 year old english kid pulled this shit off at this level he wouldnt be hyped beyond all belief? Look at what they did to Jermaine Pennant and Joe Cole.

What if this was Neymar doing this as a 14 year old at the U17 level, you dont think every elite club in the world would have been after him and Pele wouldnt have called him the future GOAT?

Adu has the talent, I think just mentally he doesnt have it in him to go for greatness+the pressure probably stunted his development and made his head too big. Not his fault the media hyped him up so much.

Last edited by Nick Young : 08-21-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #817
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

there are at least 10 nations in football that will be better than usa by 2014
lol at semi finals
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #818
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
there are at least 10 nations in football that will be better than usa by 2014
lol at semi finals
only on paper, sport
Old 08-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #819
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Quote:
Invalid you said hate the (insert player) maybe you should be more specific next time. And there's also a difference between the

word hate and dislike in which you used hate. School R US

Deep apologies for being the first person to make a sweeping remark on the basis of a general trend.

Hate and dislike are near synonymous kid.

Don't know what you're On about.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #820
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
Deep apologies for being the first person to make a sweeping remark on the basis of a general trend.

Hate and dislike are near synonymous kid.

Don't know what you're On about.
So I guess love is the same as like?

"Hate is an emotion that controls you. Dislike is a distaste for something you don't care about."-Napoleon

"Hate is passionate. dislike is only preference.
it is similar to the difference between love and like." Sun Tzu

Are there schools where you live "kid"?
Old 08-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #821
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPe8ByCkRFM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx4lLKlSfUE
if you see a kid pull off stuff like this regularly as a 14 year old playing against 17 and 18 year olds what would you think? Do you think pro scouts didnt see genius in him? What is anyone supposed to think? Are you telling me if a 14 year old english kid pulled this shit off at this level he wouldnt be hyped beyond all belief? Look at what they did to Jermaine Pennant and Joe Cole.

What if this was Neymar doing this as a 14 year old at the U17 level, you dont think every elite club in the world would have been after him and Pele wouldnt have called him the future GOAT?

Adu has the talent, I think just mentally he doesnt have it in him to go for greatness+the pressure probably stunted his development and made his head too big. Not his fault the media hyped him up so much.

I have higher hopes on Shea tbh the mexicutioner is a threat on the NT
Old 08-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #822
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Quote:
So I guess love is the same as like?

"Hate is an emotion that controls you. Dislike is a distaste for something you don't care about."-Napoleon

"Hate is passionate. dislike is only preference.
it is similar to the difference between love and like." Sun Tzu

Are there schools where you live "kid"?

Those arent even definitions , they're individual interpretations completely
dependent on context.

Regardless , they are words which carry across the similar meaning.

And why am I being held to some strict lexical code on a freaking basketball forum.

I give up.

You win.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #823
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
What about Fabian and the mexicutioner?

Fabian Johnson is a stud. He's going to be a great Left Winger and that's where his future lies. I also like Tim Chandler but it looks like he's willing to sellout for Germany which is dumb as they will just develop some phenom in 3 years that will put him to shame. I also think Lichaj will be a solid starter at RB.

Brek Shea and Juan Agudelo will also be potential players for the USMNT. If Agudelo can and stay healthy he'll be a much better player than Boyd or Altidore, Agudelo is the real deal but I think he's going to get ****ed over with injuries I also like Shea and he's a nice winger who can create, I think he has Dempsey like abilities tbh.

Also the USMNT future GK is Ryan Meara, that's if Ireland doesn't snatch him up. I've been watching this guy all year and he's a stud, Tim Howard-esque
knickballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #824
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
he has bad touch and loses the ball all the time, he's not that good at anything. Bradley is the mexecutioner
Old 08-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #825
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Trolled? Nah....

They're just generally overrated lol.

I think the team has the potential to do well because they play a pragmatic game which suits their strengths, but guys like Altidore etc are relative scrubs in the world of football.

Don't even know who Boyd is and why success in Austria is relevant TBH.

Bradley and Jones will be a solid midfield in 2014.

It's like how you guys act with that guy Euroleague lol, except in reverse.

Jozy is still only 22. He had a pretty good year in the Eredivisie league last year and is off to a quick start this year with 4 goals in 2 games, including a brace against Ajax. He's not the most technically skilled player, but he's a good target man and can shield off even the strongest defenders and has a thunderous shot with either foot. If he can have a 20+ goal season this year, I could see him making a move to a bigger club. He's by far the best option we have at striker, Herculez Gomez isn't going to get it done against top teams and Boyd still is early in his development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Bradley isn't similar to Xavi at all and if anything he's the American Toure(obviously not as good)

Boyd plays for Rapid Vienna lol.. Lets give him a couple of months at his team before we proclaim him the next big thing but I do like him as a prospect though. He's strong and talented on the ball.

Donovan will be practically done by 2014 if he doesn't retire at the end of this season.

We better hope on Geoff Cameron and Tim Ream pan out and hope they can solidify the central defense as Bocanegra and Oweynu will be done by 2014 and I do think Cameron and Ream will form a good partnership. Especially Ream where I've been watching since 2010 when he was a rookie on the Red Bulls.

Agreed on Bradley, reminds me a lot of [a poor man's] Yaya Toure.

I think Geoff Cameron is the future at the CB position. He's versatile too, able to play CDM and some CM if needed. He was brilliant against Mexico and if he can crack the starting 11 at Stoke this year, that'll really help the NT. Gooch, sadly, looks finished at the international level. His lateral movement is awful and he's got no foot speed anymore. Clarence Goodson is another option to replace Bocanegra. Damn, if only we had Neven Subotic...

I don't care if Timmy Chandler doesn't suit up for us because I love what I've seen of Fabian Johnson on the left side. He can play the wing or the left back spot equally well and he's a great crosser.

Jermaine Jones is talented but he's so damn reckless. He's a red card waiting to happen and with our style of play, we can't afford that. Hopefully Danny Williams has a good year in the Bundesliga although he was awful against Mexico.

Quote:

I don't watch the MLS but apparently Shea's had a very up and down year. I liked the minutes he had against Mexico and you can obviously see that there's a ton of talent there. A move to Europe for a bottom table EPL or Bundesliga team would be great for him IMO.

I think Bill Hamid is the future GK of the national team.

This is our best lineup right now IMO:

Howard
Cherundolo - Cameron - Bocanegra - Johnson
Bradley - Jones
Donovan - Holden - Dempsey
Altidore
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: