Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #826
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Long Post[/center]
I agree with everything you said Jozy has played swell I think boyd is doing good in his current club and he's still in development I think he had 2 assist and 1 goal in his first game with his club non friendly game. And I think he was the biggest threat in the MLS last year and this year he had a dip plus the drama he he had with his coach or whatever but he's the reason why we haven't lost to mexico in our last 2 meetings. This was the game before the rape we did in azteca a few days ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4s3jkHH8-A all hail the the mexicutioner

I just hope he can be consistent right now I like him coming off sub for out NT

Last edited by BrickingStar : 08-21-2012 at 11:07 PM.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:43 AM   #827
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
Deep apologies for being the first person to make a sweeping remark on the basis of a general trend.

Hate and dislike are near synonymous kid.

Don't know what you're On about.
lmao at hate and dislike being synonymous lol. bro they're different. when u hate someone u want them to die like its passionate, nobody really hates anyone, you just dislike them. Thats why people say hate and love are strong words. Back in HS I thought the same thing you thought but one of my best friends explained this to me and i'll never forget it, if you hate someone you want them to die.
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:01 AM   #828
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
Those arent even definitions , they're individual interpretations completely
dependent on context.

Regardless , they are words which carry across the similar meaning.

And why am I being held to some strict lexical code on a freaking basketball forum.

I give up.

You win.
You're a ****ing retard if you really think hate and dislike are the same. I dislike kobe stans but I don't hate them because that would be me showing passion to actually care enough to loathe someone intensely. And I've never seen hate and dislike as synonyms in any thesaurus. Drop the weed when doing work at school son.
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:22 AM   #829
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

possibly 2014 Bosnia

..................Begovic
Mujdza... Spahic... Besic ...Salihovic
...............Zahirovic
Stevanovic ................... Lulic
..................Pjanic
........ Dzeko ........ Ibisevic

Everyone except for Besic, Stevanovic, and Zahirovic will be in their football prime...this is out chance, especially with the easy qualifying group we have. And if Haris Seferovic (swiss u17 world cup winner) gets a callup, and other players like Bilbija, Visca, and Duric become real time players...we could have a decent chance at going pretty far (A man can hope, cant he?).
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #830
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder

Agreed on Bradley, reminds me a lot of [a poor man's] Yaya Toure.

I think Geoff Cameron is the future at the CB position. He's versatile too, able to play CDM and some CM if needed. He was brilliant against Mexico and if he can crack the starting 11 at Stoke this year, that'll really help the NT. Gooch, sadly, looks finished at the international level. His lateral movement is awful and he's got no foot speed anymore. Clarence Goodson is another option to replace Bocanegra. Damn, if only we had Neven Subotic...

I don't care if Timmy Chandler doesn't suit up for us because I love what I've seen of Fabian Johnson on the left side. He can play the wing or the left back spot equally well and he's a great crosser.

Jermaine Jones is talented but he's so damn reckless. He's a red card waiting to happen and with our style of play, we can't afford that. Hopefully Danny Williams has a good year in the Bundesliga although he was awful against Mexico.

I don't watch the MLS but apparently Shea's had a very up and down year. I liked the minutes he had against Mexico and you can obviously see that there's a ton of talent there. A move to Europe for a bottom table EPL or Bundesliga team would be great for him IMO.

I think Bill Hamid is the future GK of the national team.

This is our best lineup right now IMO:

Howard
Cherundolo - Cameron - Bocanegra - Johnson
Bradley - Jones
Donovan - Holden - Dempsey
Altidore

Shea is a quality player, he's really good on the ball and creative(something Americans lack). He's having a down MLS season but last season he was a MVP candidate and this season he's having issues with his coach and he has stagnated with his development, he needs to get out of the MLS. I think he's definitely a starter at the LW position down the road.

I don't think Bill Hamid is anything special tbh and I think Sean Johnson is actually much better than him. But like I said earlier I think Ryan Meara will eventually be the answer for the GK position. Keep an eye out on him.

I also don't think Bocanegra, Cherunaldo and even Donovan will last by 2014 and we need to look for replacements(although I think that will be Donovan's last year of playing). I think Ream and Lichaj can replace them respectively.

---------Howard
Lichaj--Cameron--Ream--Johnson
-------Jones--Bradley
----------Holden
Donovan---Altidore--Dempsey

That sounds like my lineup. I also envision Shea and Boyd as JK's top subs
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #831
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

People who think Brek shea is good, next time you watch him look at his touch, every time he recieves the ball it bounces 5 feet off of him, he would not get the time and space he does in the MLS as he does in a good league and even in MLS he gives the ball away alot. He's 22 his touch is not going to get much better. I don't like this guy at all from the little I've seen of him. I think Freddy Adu is our best creative player, with better technique, better touch and more flair and better eye for a pass. Adu should be given a legit shot at taking Holden's place in the squad, he offers alot more than Holden does, the only American player with genuine ability to unlock a defense. Who cares what his resume looks like, Jozy has a pretty bad resume too but has settled on AZ and always been good for the national team, forget about Adu playing on second division turkish teams, he should be implemented into the first 11.

Last edited by Nick Young : 08-22-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #832
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/...123935668.html

great article from eurosport. com, EPL will be exciting as hell this season, seems like everyone got better on the offensive end
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #833
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
possibly 2014 Bosnia

..................Begovic
Mujdza... Spahic... Besic ...Salihovic
...............Zahirovic
Stevanovic ................... Lulic
..................Pjanic
........ Dzeko ........ Ibisevic

Everyone except for Besic, Stevanovic, and Zahirovic will be in their football prime...this is out chance, especially with the easy qualifying group we have. And if Haris Seferovic (swiss u17 world cup winner) gets a callup, and other players like Bilbija, Visca, and Duric become real time players...we could have a decent chance at going pretty far (A man can hope, cant he?).

He needs to call up Cocalic soon. Great young defender. Stevanovic will most likely play in Serie A. Heard interest from Napoli and Lazio because he dominated the Wales game.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #834
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
People who think Brek shea is good, next time you watch him look at his touch, every time he recieves the ball it bounces 5 feet off of him, he would not get the time and space he does in the MLS as he does in a good league and even in MLS he gives the ball away alot. He's 22 his touch is not going to get much better. I don't like this guy at all from the little I've seen of him. I think Freddy Adu is our best creative player, with better technique, better touch and more flair and better eye for a pass. Adu should be given a legit shot at taking Holden's place in the squad, he offers alot more than Holden does, the only American player with genuine ability to unlock a defense. Who cares what his resume looks like, Jozy has a pretty bad resume too but has settled on AZ and always been good for the national team, forget about Adu playing on second division turkish teams, he should be implemented into the first 11.

You have never seen Brek Shea play so why are you making unfair judgements on him? Shea is a creative player, especially as a winger and I do think he plays similar to Dempsey. His touch isn't bad at all I don't know where your making that judgement from. He has a good shot, good with the ball, able to beat defenders 1 v 1, and he's pretty damn athletic. Problem is that FC Dallas is a pretty stagnant team with a poor midfield and players with no creativity what so ever which cripples his strength. He has alot of potential and if he can make a move to Europe it will be great for him.

Freddy Adu is nowhere near USMNT potential lol. He can barely stay on a MLS team. He is creative and he does have a good shot but he lacks speed, consistency, and vision to be anything other than being average. I don't think it's even an argument on whos the better player between Adu and Holden.

I'd rather have JK take a chance on Mikkel Diskerud instead of adu.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #835
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chelsea / Reading starting now, on ESPN. Yah...
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #836
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ibisevic with 2 goals for Stuttgart
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #837
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Chelsea Reading!!!
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #838
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like watching Hazard play, he has that extra gear and he always seems to be in the right space. He was from the french league, right?
Old 08-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #839
niko
I Run NY.

Selfish move by Ramires not getting that ball back to Torres.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #840
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Holy shit torres

i have seen shea play a few times, he suxxors
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: