Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-23-2012, 07:51 AM   #76
brownmamba00
Cali Love

Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
They sure do but i think they will get lost if dortmund sell them one by one. Look at Nuri Sahin... he was arguably their best player.. and now warms the bench in madrid.. and even when he plays he is nothing special.. i think the same thing will happen to everyone they sell... they will get lost in their new club ( except for gotze ) because they are a TEAM and depend on each other
it comes down to luck tbh

just look at özil and sahin. A couple of years ago Sahin was considered the bigger talent and the next best thing but he ends up being özil's back up
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #77
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

50 mill might be a reach but the way clubs nowadays spend you never know.
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #78
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmamba00
it comes down to luck tbh

just look at özil and sahin. A couple of years ago Sahin was considered the bigger talent and the next best thing but he ends up being özil's back up

He wasn't Ozil's backup and he was never expected to be, they don't play the same position. Sahin was supposed to be Alonso's substitute/replacement, or play alongside him replacing Khedira/Diarra. He was injuried when he came to Madrid and took him way longer than expected to recover, and when he did recover he never managed earned Mourinho's trust and find any kind of rythm. However, he's publicly said he doesn't want to leave the club and he will fight for a spot next season. Personally, I would rather have Granero fill that role.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:20 AM   #79
blablabla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
He wasn't Ozil's backup and he was never expected to be, they don't play the same position. Sahin was supposed to be Alonso's substitute/replacement, or play alongside him replacing Khedira/Diarra. He was injuried when he came to Madrid and took him way longer than expected to recover, and when he did recover he never managed earned Mourinho's trust and find any kind of rythm. However, he's publicly said he doesn't want to leave the club and he will fight for a spot next season. Personally, I would rather have Granero fill that role.
why would you rather have granero, sahin is the better player and it's not like your club has money problems so that they need to sell him
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #80
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
why would you rather have granero, sahin is the better player and it's not like your club has money problems so that they need to sell him

Because I don't think he's the better player.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #81
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Villareal's premier goalkeeper Diego Lopez has signed a five year deal with Sevilla for an undisclosed amount.
The Daily Mirror (so take it with a grain of salt or ten) reports ManU being interested in Rayo Vallecano's 26 yr. old striker "Michu", who has scored 17 goals in 39 matches this season while playing for the club with the lowest budget in the whole Spanish league.
Atletico the Madrid has reportedly offered Schalke 04 5M for Jurado.

Last edited by Lebowsky : 05-23-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #82
LJJ
Extra Cheese

I still can't believe Villarreal relegated, they were in the damn Champions League last season. Such a shame they relegated and not any of those three teams that finished directly above them.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #83
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Nilmar and Rossi ? Any news on them ?
Old 05-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #84
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I still can't believe Villarreal relegated, they were in the damn Champions League last season. Such a shame they relegated and not any of those three teams that finished directly above them.
It is indeed a shame, they're my favorite team after Real. They were very unlucky with long-term injuries to their most important players. They couldn't catch a break all season, and it messed the team's mentality. I'm sure they'll bounce back, though. They have one of the best youth academies in the country and they have good, level-headed management. They'll have to sell most of their top players, so I'm sure many teams in Europe will be happy about their relegation.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #85
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Rossi is likely out for most of next season still. Who knows what he'll be when he comes back from being injured two seasons straight.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #86
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

Same thing happened to Sampdoria last season.
They were 4th in the 2009/2010 season, were in the Champions League qualifying rounds at the beginning of 2010/2011, failed to qualify, went on to sell some key players, and were relegated at the end of the same season.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #87
blablabla

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Rossi is likely out for most of next season still. Who knows what he'll be when he comes back from being injured two seasons straight.
he's done
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #88
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Apperantly Hazard is happy with the offers from United, Chelsea and City. He says he will make a descion before June 2nd.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #89
arkain
Local High School Star

I hope that sh*t about Lucas is BS. I don't want Chelsea to spend 32M for him. He has potential but we need instant starting wingers, not ones that may mature into ones in the next 2-3 years.

Marin was a nice pickup on the cheap. We need to add one or two more wide players. One or two of Hazard, Hulk, Jovetic.

If Sahin really is available for sale, then Chelsea needs to get him now, dude is too good to be sitting on the bench at his age. He can be great at Chelsea, especially if Levy continues being a bitch and slaps a 25M+ price tag on Modric.
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #90
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
Apperantly Hazard is happy with the offers from United, Chelsea and City. He says he will make a descion before June 2nd.
decision? really? who is he? lebron f*cking james? he is just a f*cking kid born in 1991 for god christ... you can see it in his face the kid has huge ego and will have problems during his career
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: