Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-24-2012, 01:01 AM   #106
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

ketchup is a ph@ggooot
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #107
Ketchup
boogie like

Ketchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
ketchup is a ph@ggooot

was*

Before you handed the account over to me*
Ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:58 AM   #108
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
I hope Kolarov leaves City. He's not getting playing time that he could get on many other teams...

He's a good player that could definitely play for team football for a good club. No doubt he's a better defender than Clichy, but I prefer Clichy in the starting lineup because of his ability to ignite the attack moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I think Kolarov is a very solid player, better than Clichy imo. Clichy is good at getting forward but I don't think he's a real good defender.

That's one thing I gotta give Serbs credit for, you guys have solid defenders. Vidic, Kolarov, Nastic, Ivanovic, Subotic, etc. I guess it resembles the Balkan attitude

If only Subotic stayed with the US...

Quote:
Isn't Lescott a solid CB?

I think Man City should make a move for Ibra. He'd be the big, target striker they are looking for(are they?) and I think Milan may let go of him.

Edit: I also think Man City can make an improvement and get a player to replace Barry. He's still good but he's getting old and they shouldn't rely on him for the whole season.

Lescott is good. He's one of the better CBs in England, doesn't make a lot of mistakes (although he had that crucial one that almost cost us the season against QPR), but he's nowhere near as good as Thiago Silva. Lescott would probably still see plenty of first team action because of injuries and such if we got Silva.

I don't think Ibra is worth it at his age. We're pretty good up front with Aguero/Tevez and when teams park the bus, Dzeko or Balotelli can get the job done.

Barry was reliable for us this season and if he doesn't play well, De Jong is just as good and can fill in anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
Yaya Toure will most likely be gone this summer. Man City need to get rid of Balotelli b/c he'll never change his behavior and Mancini will just have problems with him every season.

I doubt Yaya leaves this year. If he does, it'll be a huge loss because he's one of the most important player son the team.

Balotelli is too talented and too young to give up on so quickly. I think he deserves a shot a next year and if his antics continue, then sell him/permanently bench him. The good still outweighed the bad this year for Balo despite all the idiotic stuff he did.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:04 AM   #109
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchup
Rumors have it that Bosingwa and Kalou have been released by Chelsea. With Didier leaving as well, seems like a few players will have to come in.
Hopefully we can sign and have Hulk an official Chelsea player within the next 2 weeks. Wouldn't mind a RB and another winger as well along with that.
**** u mean u wouldn't mind an RB? who's gonna play RB for Chelsea? Ivanovic? he's better an CB and Mourinho wants him at Madrid. Chelsea's defense is average. They need to go after van der Wiel or someone of that type.
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:06 AM   #110
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
I doubt Yaya leaves this year. If he does, it'll be a huge loss because he's one of the most important player son the team.

Balotelli is too talented and too young to give up on so quickly. I think he deserves a shot a next year and if his antics continue, then sell him/permanently bench him. The good still outweighed the bad this year for Balo despite all the idiotic stuff he did.
What good are you talking about?
Old 05-24-2012, 05:01 AM   #111
Ketchup
boogie like

Ketchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
**** u mean u wouldn't mind an RB? who's gonna play RB for Chelsea? Ivanovic? he's better an CB and Mourinho wants him at Madrid. Chelsea's defense is average. They need to go after van der Wiel or someone of that type.

No. Ivanovic is better at RB. Ask any Chelsea fan, and they will say the same. Another RB would simply be for attacking purposes, since we are trying to change the way in which we play.

How in the world is our defense average when we held the likes of Bayern to one goal? Barcelona to 2 goals over 2 games, 1 being while we were down to 10 men.
Our defense is only average when Bosingwa had play due to injuries or suspensions.

Last edited by Ketchup : 05-24-2012 at 05:15 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:04 AM   #112
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

How in the world is our defense average when we held the likes of Bayern to one goal? Barcelona to 2 goals over 2 games, 1 being while we were down to 11 men.
Our defense is only average when Bosingwa had play due to injuries or suspensions.

That sounds pretty scary.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:16 AM   #113
Ketchup
boogie like

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
That sounds pretty scary.

Well, I'm not wrong.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #114
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I think Kolarov is a very solid player, better than Clichy imo. Clichy is good at getting forward but I don't think he's a real good defender.

That's one thing I gotta give Serbs credit for, you guys have solid defenders. Vidic, Kolarov, Nastic, Ivanovic, Subotic, etc. I guess it resembles the Balkan attitude
We have shitload of defenders, but strikers are nowhere to be seen...

I think that Kolarov is better than Clichy too. His crosses are always dangerous and he's a scoring threat from long range and free kicks while being better at defense.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #115
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
What good are you talking about?

The first two goals to beat United, the crucial goals to gain a point against Sunderland, the season saving assist to Aguero in the last game of the season ring a bell?
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #116
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Clichy is a better defender than Kolarov but Kolarov is a much better attacking threat than him; actually gets crosses in the box and his freekicks are dirtttty.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #117
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Why not just play Yaya as a forward?
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #118
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

Quote:
No. Ivanovic is better at RB. Ask any Chelsea fan, and they will say the same. Another RB would simply be for attacking purposes, since we are trying to change the way in which we play.

How in the world is our defense average when we held the likes of Bayern to one goal? Barcelona to 2 goals over 2 games, 1 being while we were down to 10 men.
Because Chelsea had to rely on their defense to beat those teams....They don't play that kind of defense in EPL. Any team that wants to win a major game will play great defense but that doesn't mean their defense is great.

Terry is done
Bosingwas
Luiz - cares more about playing offense than defense
Cole - average at best now.
Ivanovic - best Chelsea defender.
Cahill - 2nd best defender at Chelsea
Old 05-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #119
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
The first two goals to beat United, the crucial goals to gain a point against Sunderland, the season saving assist to Aguero in the last game of the season ring a bell?
And yet everyone only remembers his for his shitty behavior.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #120
arkain
Local High School Star

arkain has decent reputation

Quote:
Because Chelsea had to rely on their defense to beat those teams....They don't play that kind of defense in EPL. Any team that wants to win a major game will play great defense but that doesn't mean their defense is great.

Terry is done
Bosingwas
Luiz - cares more about playing offense than defense
Cole - average at best now.
Ivanovic - best Chelsea defender.
Cahill - 2nd best defender at Chelsea

Bosingwa was the worst defender ever, he's gone now anyway. Released.

Terry, Luiz & Cahill are 3 great CBs. You're obviously still thinking about early season Luiz if you think he's an average defender. He's been very very good for the last 3-4 months, a different defender.
Terry was a horrible defender under AVB cause the high line just didn't work with him, and to an extent the whole team really. But ever since AVB gave up the high line, he's been very good apart from that Liverpool game LOL. That said, considering the dude gets an injection before every other game to be able to play through the pain, we need to phase him out of the starting lineup, although Luiz and Cahill have always played better with him as opposed to each other.

Cahill has been a surprise, always thought he was decent, but he's been very very impressive at Chelsea, great signing.

IMO, Terry, Luiz & Cahill is definately top 3 in the EPL as far CB rotation goes.

Ivanovic is a versatile defender, but I agree with the earlier dude that he's been better at RB than CB this season. He will be our starting RB next season and really that's where he is best.

Cole can still hold it down, but he's been average last 2 seasons cause the dude ends up playing 90mins every game 50 times a season. Chelsea have never had anyone to give him a breather. Cole and Bertrand will be fine too.

Chelsea's back 4 is definately top 3 in the EPL, imo.

Ivan - Luiz - Terry - Cole
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: