Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2012, 12:21 AM   #1321
Rubio2Gasol
College star
 
Rubio2Gasol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,932
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
We're not better overall but we beat them that day, which is the point. The point of being in the Champions League is to win it, not to get outplayed. People wave "we were better but we lost" like a badge of honor. It's actually worse.

Chelsea won the Champions League last year, and the fact they beat probably better teams one after another makes it even better. The fact they beat Barca, watching Torres go down the field for that final clinching goal and watching barca's soul be sucked out of their bodies was the best thing ever.


Lol, I'm not a Chelsea fan but that moment was indeed special. I like alot of the players, but I don't see success in your immediate future, with patience, in 2 to 3 years you will be formidable.

As I said earlier, Lampard cannot control games and is defensively the worst Cm in the PL (he isn't exactly a CM as you know) and Mikel is inconsistent if not only showing glimses of his true ability

So an expansive style, with that weak a midfield and defenders who are positionally very suspect is not going to bring instant success.

Everyone has to learn to operate within that style first.

Thanks for Essien.

He's a scrub right now but I was a huge fan a long time ago, and he seems like a great personality, I hope to meet him soon , seems like a truly great guy.

And he's still probably better than Lass.

Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:25 AM   #1322
plowking
well DENG
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 23,372
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
We're not better overall but we beat them that day, which is the point. The point of being in the Champions League is to win it, not to get outplayed. People wave "we were better but we lost" like a badge of honor. It's actually worse.

Chelsea won the Champions League last year, and the fact they beat probably better teams one after another makes it even better. The fact they beat Barca, watching Torres go down the field for that final clinching goal and watching barca's soul be sucked out of their bodies was the best thing ever.

That was the point of it all. I know we're not better than Barca and Bayern, but we won in the most important club competition in the world.
The poster acting like this exhibition game is proof of anything is just hilarious.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #1323
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 4,100
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
That was the point of it all. I know we're not better than Barca and Bayern, but we won in the most important club competition in the world.
The poster acting like this exhibition game is proof of anything is just hilarious.

Then why would you say "We are" two posts ago?

I think there's a place to say Chelsea wasn't the better team on paper, but to also accept that they are on top of the world right now until another team unseats them.

The funny thing is all of you are basically agreeing with each other. lol
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #1324
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,321
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Incredible how people underrate Bayern for this season. While Bayern already had an incredible starting line up last season, Bayern had a thin squad and rotation with injury problems. All these thin squad problems have been erased this year. More rest for players. Less formation issues if someone gets injured or suspended.

Once Schweinsteiger gets back into form which he hasn't been since Napoli last season (broken collar bone and then another injury right after he was coming back from it)


MY FORMATION:

Neuer

Lahm
Dante (2nd best defender in Bundesliga last season if you don't know him)
Badstuber
Alaba

Schweinsteiger
Gustavo/Martinez (Not sure about that one. I tend to Gustavo because I like his destroyer mentality.)

Muller
Kroos
Ribery

Gomez

Others: Mandzukic, Shaqiri, Gustavo/Martinez, selfish glassman Robben, Rafinha, Boateng, Tymoshuck, Van Buyten, Contento...

Plus two new talents for the future. Emre Can the defensive midfield BEAST and Mitchel Weiser the future replacement for Lahm (I think he'll be better than Lahm. Weiser and Alaba for the next 10+ years are going to dominate the LB and RB positions)

Both future and present look rosy.

NO SUGAR DADDY (Chelsea, City, PSG, etc.)
NO LOP SIDED TV DEALS (Real, Barcelona)
NEVER IN THE RED OR SPENT MONEY DON'T HAVE. (insert Italian teams and a lot of European teams which may or may not have already been mentioned above)


ULI HOENESS

Last edited by BEAST Griffin : 09-01-2012 at 02:27 AM.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:39 AM   #1325
plowking
well DENG
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 23,372
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
Then why would you say "We are" two posts ago?

I think there's a place to say Chelsea wasn't the better team on paper, but to also accept that they are on top of the world right now until another team unseats them.

The funny thing is all of you are basically agreeing with each other. lol

I said it out of applying the same idiotic logic the other poster used in a sarcastic manner. Hence not actually agreeing with it. Make sense?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #1326
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 4,100
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I said it out of applying the same idiotic logic the other poster used in a sarcastic manner. Hence not actually agreeing with it. Make sense?

You weren't using his logic...you were disagreeing with him. lol

You may have been sarcastic....that makes sense. lol
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:52 AM   #1327
Rubio2Gasol
College star
 
Rubio2Gasol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,932
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Bayern have spent more than all German clubs comined over the last few years, they have broken the German transfer record four times in 3 years.

Get off your high horse.

Honness got schooled by Urratia.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:53 AM   #1328
plowking
well DENG
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 23,372
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
You weren't using his logic...you were disagreeing with him. lol

You may have been sarcastic....that makes sense. lol

You just said I was agreeing with him 2 posts up, now you're saying I'm disagreeing with him. Which one is it?

I took his logic from this game, and applied it to his other statement where he used different logic.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:58 AM   #1329
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 4,100
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
You just said I was agreeing with him 2 posts up, now you're saying I'm disagreeing with him. Which one is it?

I took his logic from this game, and applied it to his other statement where he used different logic.

You weren't using the same logic in the post I referenced. He said Chelsea was put in its place and you said "we're the best"...that's not the same logic. lol I also stated each of you guys are making the same point that Chelsea can say they're on top because they are while admitting on paper they aren't the best team.

lol
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #1330
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,321
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
Bayern have spent more than all German clubs comined over the last few years, they have broken the German transfer record four times in 3 years.

Get off your high horse.

Honness got schooled by Urratia.

Every single cent was earned. And you obviously don't know shit about the Martinez transfer.

Last edited by BEAST Griffin : 09-01-2012 at 01:24 AM.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:32 AM   #1331
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,321
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Bundesliga will be the strongest and the BY FAR most financially healthy league in the World very soon. Bundesliga already has the best infrastructure and stadiums. And you don't get ripped off on ticket prices like in other leagues (cough EPL cough). It's just a matter of time.

Serie A is in a well deserved downward spiral. Next up: La Liga and EPL

BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:44 AM   #1332
plowking
well DENG
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 23,372
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
You weren't using the same logic in the post I referenced. He said Chelsea was put in its place and you said "we're the best"...that's not the same logic. lol I also stated each of you guys are making the same point that Chelsea can say they're on top because they are while admitting on paper they aren't the best team.

lol

His comment was that we're not better than Bayern or Barca, specifically because we lost to A. Madrid, and that in turn we were worse than them as well.
So by his logic, whichever team beats whichever team is the best, apart from Chelsea where there is somehow a double standard in his world.

Hence sarcastically applying it to his double standard.

This has been a slut of an argument and I can't be bothered keeping up with it.

On a related note, it was brutal watching the game.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:54 AM   #1333
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,321
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Athletico > Chelsea > Barcelona / Bayern > City > United


Athletico

BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:23 AM   #1334
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 14,977
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

wow Bayern is stacked
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:31 AM   #1335
Rubio2Gasol
College star
 
Rubio2Gasol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,932
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
Every single cent was earned. And you obviously don't know shit about the Martinez transfer.

You paid 40 million euros + Spanish taxes (6 million) euros.

That was the absolute MOST of what Bilbao could have gotten for him as his buyout clause was 40 million euros.

He was in the last year of his contract

Urratia schooled his ass plain and simple, even created the sense that he did everything possible to keep him with elections coming up this summer.

Barca and Madrid earn their tv rights, the league would get very little exposure without them.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:04 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy