Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #1381
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
they will do better than bayern

A healthy Bayern last year made them look like a 2nd league team for most of the game. Bayern has only gotten stronger and deeper.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #1382
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

i dont know whats so funny

i know city failed last year but that was their first year in cl and most of their players just signed there. now they have chemistry and much more depth to play in all competitions.
i dont think there has been more underestimated english champion ever by the fans

look at all the sport betting sites, city are the clear 3rd favorite after barca and real, united, bayern and chelsea are 4-5-6 respectively
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #1383
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
i dont know whats so funny

i know city failed last year but that was their first year in cl and most of their players just signed there. now they have chemistry and much more depth to play in all competitions.
i dont think there has been more underestimated english champion ever by the fans

look at all the sport betting sites, city are the clear 3rd favorite after barca and real, united, bayern and chelsea are 4-5-6 respectively

They're deceived by the fact that Bayern's season fell apart last year, which was all due to depth issues. Man City is not on Bayern's level.

Hell, Bayern with a crippled Schweinsteiger even bossed Madrid around to a degree.

Last edited by BEAST Griffin : 09-01-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #1384
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

I'm so scared of the almighty Rodwell.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #1385
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
Meh, you're never gonna convince someone to change their opinion in regards to this debate. I say Chelsea are the top dogs in Europe because they won....but even with a gun to my head, I wouldn't say they're the best team. The best team is something on paper. ie. On paper, if the 2011-2012 CL campaign was simulated 100 times, who would win it the most times? In this case people are allowed to think critically and possibly come to the conclusion that the best team didn't win the CL.

I certainly will not take anything away from Chelsea though. As I said, they're top dogs in Europe until some dethrones them. Going back to the gun to my head thing though, if that happened and I was asked to pick the winner of the 2011-2012 CL season if it were to be replayed, I would not pick Chelsea.

Is that fair enough? I know people here like to disagree for the sake of it...
Fair enough well articulated thoughts and views
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #1386
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1imtf
Villas-Boas isn't doing shit
He sucks! Chelsea were like a mid table team under him and right after he leaves the same players win TWO TROPHIES!

He also tried to force chelsea players to celebrate goals with him to show team unity!

Also he has gotten in fights with 3 of tottenhams players already, promised Dawson would be captain in preseason then decides to get rid of him. Plays a stupid system. No wonder everywhere he goes the players instantly hate him.

HE OWES HIS ENTIRE CAREER TO FALCAO. Without Falcao's 50 goals he would have been exposed for the scrub manager that he is
Old 09-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #1387
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
They're deceived by the fact that Bayern's season fell apart last year, which was all due to depth issues. Man City is not on Bayern's level.

Hell, Bayern with a crippled Schweinsteiger even bossed Madrid around to a degree.
They might not have been last year. But this one you cant really say that. After all they are the champions of the best league in the world
Old 09-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #1388
alenleomessi

when a 17 years old kid is your best player you know you are in a shitload of trouble
Old 09-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #1389
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I thought Abu Diaby had a great first half..
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #1390
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
when a 17 years old kid is your best player you know you are in a shitload of trouble

Sterling is a stud but he's definitely not better than Suarez, Gerrrard, Skrtel, etc. I really don't like Borini for Liverpool or not as a target forward. I think he's a decent player but he doesn't seem like the player who can challenge defenders 1 v 1 while he relies on his off ball movement for his offense. Basically I think Carrol is a much better player
Old 09-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #1391
alenleomessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Sterling is a stud but he's definitely not better than Suarez, Gerrrard, Skrtel, etc. I really don't like Borini for Liverpool or not as a target forward. I think he's a decent player but he doesn't seem like the player who can challenge defenders 1 v 1 while he relies on his off ball movement for his offense. Basically I think Carrol is a much better player
So far this season he is their best and most consistent player
Old 09-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #1392
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Sterling isnt Liverpool's best player you stupid moron
Old 09-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #1393
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Gerrard is pretty useless he is slow and gives the ball away every single time he touches it.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #1394
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Podolski taking care of the clowns of Anfield
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #1395
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
So far this season he is their best and most consistent player

Sterling is playing well but I don't think it's fair to say he's a more consistent player than Suarez, Allen, Gerrard, etc..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: