Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-17-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far
Default Game Thread: Knicks at Wizards

Looking at the Wizards I am impressed with their size as in height and weight. They have a lot of very good athletes and former number one draft picks. They also have some New York City guys and depth.

This is going to be a BIG test for our Knicks.

Gilbert Arenas is hot and a dominate force, but they have other players who can score and rebound.

After looking at their stats(107 PPG) I am wondering why they don't have a better record even though they lead their division at 21-16.

Then it hit me.....they give up 106 points and are out rebounded and out assisted......hhhmmmmm.

Looks like they don't play D.........that's the new NBA.

Even though they have great talent they are beatable.

We beat them by 20 points the last time we played them.

It looks like we have to turn up the defensive heat and shut them down at the beginning of the game. Frustrate them and they will give up, out rebound them and get some easy baskets on the break since they don't play D.

Even though we beat them by 20 forget that game. They are hot right now and this is a good test for us. We are healthy and clicking a little bit.

Hopefully we can put the heat on early and bury these guys, make them play catch up. I think that's the best way to beat them. They might not have the heart to compete and lose interest if you make it too hard for them.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:35 PM   #2
cangoods
I brick open layups

cangoods has an OK reputation so far

Last time we played them. Gilbert lit us up for like 35 in 3 quarters. I beleieve he sat the entire 4th. He probably could have scored 50 if he wanted to.

And the wizards won.

- Cangoods
cangoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:02 PM   #3
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

Oh I thought they lost. It must have been the game before that.

Thanks for the update.

Still, this is a big test for our defense. I don't think they can out rebound us.

We have to help Marbury and harass Arenas.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Hopefully we pull of a HUGE win.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #5
NyCNaTe4NyK
I airball my layups

NyCNaTe4NyK has an OK reputation so far

Fourth quarter, i went from being extremely happy to like rele depress so quick. if only we had a timeout left, i rele wanted to end there home winning streak too. its horrible
NyCNaTe4NyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:39 PM   #6
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

damn, we should have won.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:39 AM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The only good thing was that arenas was shut down. The bad was everyone else stepped upped up to make up for that scoring. Of course Butler is a legit NO. 2 option over there and he should not have been left open.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: