Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-05-2012, 12:39 AM   #136
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Absolute Smartest People on InsideHoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
i are smrt
Smartest dumb guy on ISH
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #137
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

thank you. thank you.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:57 AM   #138
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputationThe_Yearning has decent reputation

Kblaze is dumb as fk. He just knows a lot of basketball and makes low quality mixes.
The_Yearning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:28 AM   #139
Story Up
LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Story Up is a pretty well-respected posterStory Up is a pretty well-respected posterStory Up is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23

The guy is a douche bag.
You can even sense sarcasm, you plagiarize everything and you're an emotional wreck and a compulsive liar.

You are at the bottom of the poll, by far the biggest idiot on this forum.
Story Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:31 AM   #140
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Story Up
I love eating my dog's poop.

Be quiet fat boy!!!
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:54 PM   #141
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
dude you belong in that top seven, as do about three dozen others
thanks. i tend to fall in to the 'idiot who's smart' category, or vice-versa. the defining theme for me is probably something along the lines of "he's smart, but psychologically he's a moron. in polite terms. something like that.

part of that evaluation might stem from the fact that women in particular are wired to respond to non-verbal communication, and that tends to put me in shaky territory. women sort of provide the backbone of societal critique towards a person, and if i'm having a good day, for example, women tend to feel very homey towards me, thereby boosting my self esteem. but on bad days, when i'm typically depressed or torn-up over any number of possible issues, stone-faced towards the world, women pick up on my "passivity" and clearly want to be a million miles away from me. that hurts, and that makes me feel smaller.

anyway, point is... i do tend to have an elevated respect for smart people who are 'together'. people who are smart and able to weather society, even if it's just, say, deucewallaces having the bottomless chutzpa to tell everyone else they're an idiot for not agreeing with him, repeat to eternity, which is more or less his specialty.

i.e., i might test right around your same level on IQ tests, but without your level of self-confidence and well-being, i'm simply not going to perform at your level in real life. but again, that's life. a healthy hippocampus and productive neurochemistry mean worlds upon worlds, if you know what i mean. i.e. huge mental edges IME.

anyway, the seven people on my list i judge to be not only the smartest people here by an IQ measure, but also by an effective-living measure. smart people who aren't rattled by much, are self-confident, and who have a level of... let's say, righteousness... imposing their will upon others, even after struggling past the dunning-freddy krueger effect, if you know what i mean. heh.

but seriously, 'smartness' has many components... many brain regions going in to play upon the term. there is also the fact that one can be 'smart' yet be decisively humbled by someone who is 'smart but brilliant.' even if they follow a sport like basketball for some god-inexplicable reason.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:30 AM   #142
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

nice description. i think most behavior for anybody, regardless of how put together they may seem, is reactionary and never solely on their own terms. way you described it 'being able to weather society' is nicely put because it cuts to the gut of the matter... putting up with everybody's shit and just doing your darndest to do you, to whatever degree you can manage. the tip top pinnacle of lifestyle imo begins with understanding that you have your own voice and can express a thought as well as anybody else, and eventually ends with understanding that everybody else has the same thing... and your best opportunity to learn comes through paying attention to what other people have to say. eventually you come to realize you aren't the only important voice in the room; and nor are you merely a voice lost in a sea of other voices; you're an important voice in a sea of important voices. living in that, dare i extend the metaphor a lil further, oceanic flow of experience where you're just a single mind bouncing around thousands of other minds and getting the most out of every critical interpretation you make... that's the benchmark of living that everybody should and totally could strive for.

unfortunately in the midst of that beautiful utopian conception of humanity, there's all that other petty shit with relationships and bitterness and non-reciprocating love and everything else that causes you to forget what's really important.

and that's just another bs rant with nothing to do with intelligent whatsoever... brought to you by ridonks
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #143
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Cant forget the voices that like to talk just for the sake of hearing themselves talk. I'd place those those under the "less important" category. For the most part I agree with your perspective. Everyone observes the world differently and has a different opinion about it, which stems from our most basic instinct which is survival. Unfortunately some people are in the habit of talking from perspectives they have never experienced or been affected by, in which case they need to keep their opinions in their brains. Naturally media plays a big role in that.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #144
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
http://www.nicholascreative.com/foot...php?reset=true

^^^ a sample of what the NFL uses to calculate intelligence

IMO true intelligence doesn't necessarily translate into how well you come across on a message board, some of the world's most intelligent people would come of as complete weirdos in here.

and some of the people that come of very friendly and down to Earth in here could possibly be awful problem solvers...because they lack the brain power.

I'm smarter than Eli Manning

I was hoping others here would take this...

again, this is a sample of what the NFL uses to calculate intelligence...the wonderlic...the highest you can score is 50

problem solving uses brain power, much more than having well contructed posts in here IMO...I don't like the idea that intelligence can be calculated by posts on an NBA message board.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #145
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Intelligence is a tricky thing to evaluate. Problem solving and analytics is within anyone's capacity should they seek that knowledge. In my opinion intelligence should be measured by a persons inquisitiveness and what they choose to fill their brains with. Most morons I come across in my life are usually into mind numbing crap like reality shows, horoscopes, religion, sports, basically any hive mind activity that is easy to follow due to societies constraints. The truly brilliant people I have met are into physics, history, sociology, psychology, and other various sciences. I could be wrong (obviously) but I think all people have the capacity to be intelligent, just not the drive or in most cases resources.

tldr IQ tests are bullshit.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #146
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Intelligence is a tricky thing to evaluate. Problem solving and analytics is within anyone's capacity should they seek that knowledge. In my opinion intelligence should be measured by a persons inquisitiveness and what they choose to fill their brains with. Most morons I come across in my life are usually into mind numbing crap like reality shows, horoscopes, religion, sports, basically any hive mind activity that is easy to follow due to societies constraints. The truly brilliant people I have met are into physics, history, sociology, psychology, and other various sciences. I could be wrong (obviously) but I think all people have the capacity to be intelligent, just not the drive or in most cases resources.

tldr IQ tests are bullshit.
So you view intelligence as what one chooses to fill his head with or spend his time doing?

what if the one that likes "dumb things" is a much better problem solver, catches on quicker, is a faster learner, plans things out better, etc?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #147
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The most important type of intelligence in my opinion is the ability to analyze your method of approaching a problem and be able to adapt your methodology and then apply prior knowledge. I don't have this and very few people actually do. College students may know the honed pedagogically efficient methods taught in textbooks, but lack the insight and intuition of inventors like newton and einstein who were stumbling in the dark.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #148
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlver
The most important type of intelligence in my opinion is the ability to analyze your method of approaching a problem and be able to adapt your methodology and then apply prior knowledge. I don't have this and very few people actually do. College students may know the honed pedagogically efficient methods taught in textbooks, but lack the insight and intuition of inventors like newton and einstein who were stumbling in the dark.

the other thing people tend to forget about those guys is the amount of time they spent working. we have this image that they sat down one night and banged out their respective theories. they wouldn't sleep or eat for large periods of time because they were engrossed in their work. it is motivation and dedication that got them to where they were too.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #149
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
Kblaze is dumb as fk. He just knows a lot of basketball and makes low quality mixes.

How can you say KBlaze knows a lot about basketball then call him dumb? What else has he ever talked about on ISH?
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #150
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
How can you say KBlaze knows a lot about basketball then call him dumb? What else has he ever talked about on ISH?

Buying and selling decrepit old houses in South Carolina to poor black people for profit.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: