Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #151
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board
Default Re: Absolute Smartest People on InsideHoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I was hoping others here would take this...

again, this is a sample of what the NFL uses to calculate intelligence...the wonderlic...the highest you can score is 50

problem solving uses brain power, much more than having well contructed posts in here IMO...I don't like the idea that intelligence can be calculated by posts on an NBA message board.

I don't believe that you scored a 40 on the first time.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #152
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
I don't believe that you scored a 40 on the first time.
It was my second, first try 36...I'm sure if I tried long enough I could get a 50.

It was not the first time I have taken that though, I was shown that a couple years ago on an NFL site in a thread talking about the wonderlic...don't remember what I scored then.

The real wonderlic is 10 minutes long and I believe they take it three times and take the best score of the 3.

It isn't perfect obviously but it does show something that isn't displayed in writing in here...problem solving doesn't care about how ignorant or stubborn or unfriendly you are...it doesn't care if your vocabulary is high, it is brain power in a form as raw as possible, like a chess game, its your brains ability to out think the situation.

Someone like Bobby Fisher might come in here and post like an ignorant retard (I think he is racist actually) but the reality of the situation is that he is a genius.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #153
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

crap... i'd gone and forgotten about hazard.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:57 AM   #154
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Thanks for those that mentioned me.

I will rep right now.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:22 AM   #155
Punpun
Head Connoisseur

Punpun has not been impressing people

>Earth is doomed

But it's not. Even if Humanity was to disappear, Earth would still be here. Plus Earth is doomed anyways cos the sun gonna eat it.

you guys are funny.

Punpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #156
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Attractiveness is obviously a subjective thing to measure, but so is intelligence. Measuring IQ is an effort to do this and asking people to rate someone's looks is similarly an effort to measure attractiveness.
As for the stereotypes, first of all, I bet Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt would look a lot worse if they also suffered from ALS and were at Hawking's age and vice versa, Hawking would look a lot more attractive if he was healthy and had trained professionals deal with his appearance all the time.
Second, being a cheerleader doesn't automatically qualify you as a bimbo (though I don't consider it the smartest choice to participate in one the riskiest athletic activities around), neither does not being a cheerleader qualify you as non-attractive - I know for a fact there are tons of attractive girls who would never want to become cheerleaders.

Honestly, the "ugly but smart" stereotype is one I never quite understood. Even judging from IQ, when you see people with very high scores, rarely do you find any who would score low in the attractiveness department. Similarly, people with very low scores usually give out a bad visual image, as well - go to asylums, mental hospitals, you aren't finding lots of attractive people. Want less extreme examples? Take hard labor jobs, manual jobs and most jobs that don't require any decent intelligence. You're not likely to find lots of people to be physically attracted to. Go to prisons, the vast majority of prisoners are physically plain ugly, and though there are some highly smart criminals (and even they are usually not the unattractive ones), the average prisoner is definitely a below average intelligence person.
All the afore-mentioned are stereotypes as well, but they are more substantiated than the "smart & ugly" and "beautiful and dumb" ones.

Oh, and for the title of the smartest poster in the board, at least among the ones I've known a little bit, Tharegul8r is my choice - his experience helps as well, but still I've not met many people with his experience with a similar level of intelligence.
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #157
Bladers
Banned

Bladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Its funny that im probably the smartest person here. but peoople won't admit it. But will in due time.

Everything hidden will always come to the light.
Bladers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #158
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladers
Its funny that im probably the smartest person here. but peoople won't admit it. But will in due time.

Of course you think you're the smartest man here, it goes on the list of most deluded, insane and down right annoying.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #159
Bladers
Banned

Bladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
Of course you think you're the smartest man here, it goes on the list of most deluded, insane and down right annoying.

how much do you make?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=271045

now stfu you bum!
Bladers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #160
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I am most likely in the 94th percentile
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #161
TheSilentKiller
7-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I was hoping others here would take this...

again, this is a sample of what the NFL uses to calculate intelligence...the wonderlic...the highest you can score is 50

problem solving uses brain power, much more than having well contructed posts in here IMO...I don't like the idea that intelligence can be calculated by posts on an NBA message board.

Took it and got a 43. I got them all right, but I entered one in incorrectly and didn't finish 15.

http://www.nicholascreative.com/foot...action=timeout

Last edited by TheSilentKiller : 07-12-2012 at 11:19 AM.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #162
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well we can safely eliminate the OP. "Absolute smartest"
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #163
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladers

irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #164
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't post much in the OTC, so I don't even know half the posters you listed, but if I had to pick a guy from the main forums it would be KnoeItawl. In fact he seems like your typical overly-intelligent asshole. You can tell the guy is a genius but he also comes off as bat shit crazy.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #165
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

j$ is up there. ridonks as well. deucewallaces withholds alot of his intelligence and instead uses his wit to sh!t on people, but he's a smart buttercup.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: