Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #211
Ikill
i be killah swag

Default Re: Absolute Smartest People on InsideHoops

Ikill......
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #212
gigantes
A piece of fluff

brooklyn nets, eh?

gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #213
fpliii
:confusedshrug:

OT: The discussion here (on the NBA Board, don't spend much time on OTC) is definitely at a higher level than it was at my last stop (ESPN NBA General, ugh ). If you parse out the trolling, this is probably the best basketball forum out there.
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #214
macmac
Gov'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
OT: The discussion here (on the NBA Board, don't spend much time on OTC) is definitely at a higher level than it was at my last stop (ESPN NBA General, ugh ). If you parse out the trolling, this is probably the best basketball forum out there.

I would say RGM has the best pure basketball talk. This place is way too diluted with Kobe And Lebron talk, and isn't moderated enough IMO. However the OTC has its great moments, although it used to have more interesting characters a couple years back
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #215
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
I would say RGM has the best pure basketball talk. This place is way too diluted with Kobe And Lebron talk, and isn't moderated enough IMO. However the OTC has its great moments, although it used to have more interesting characters a couple years back

by pure do you mean Modded to the point that everyone just regurjitates the same tired ____________( fill in copy and pasted stats from BR)

Nothing pure at all from RGM....they mainly have the same tired topics up all week ( lots of them copied from ISH)....and of course its modded to death so you have less troll topics.....but it also provides zero fun interaction.

I have an account for there for over 5 years .......Place is dead now ....

Knowlegable posters and stupid Trolls>overly Modded site with posters posting stats like spam bots.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #216
macmac
Gov'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
by pure do you mean Modded to the point that everyone just regurjitates the same tired ____________( fill in copy and pasted stats from BR)

Nothing pure at all from RGM....they mainly have the same tired topics up all week ( lots of them copied from ISH)....and of course its modded to death so you have less troll topics.....but it also provides zero fun interaction.

I have an account for there for over 5 years .......Place is dead now ....

Knowlegable posters and stupid Trolls>overly Modded site with posters posting stats like spam bots.

Well personally, I usually take my talents to the Raptors board and I can say that without a doubt, the topics there are more in depth and thought out (when not in full panic mode, or sheep mode) than anything close to here. From proper cap breakdowns, to playbook dissecting, just more advanced critical thinking in general.

The main general board is somewhat boring I tend to agree but again, much more mature and less cluttered than over here. I will go back and forth between the two as my personal preference
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #217
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

You can't judge a persons intelligence on a forum.

Some of the more intelligent posters here in reality are trolls on this site.

The ones that put in effort to appear smart are often not that intelligent at all.

If you are an American you are coming from pretty far back too.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #218
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Well personally, I usually take my talents to the Raptors board and I can say that without a doubt, the topics there are more in depth and thought out (when not in full panic mode, or sheep mode) than anything close to here. From proper cap breakdowns, to playbook dissecting, just more advanced critical thinking in general.

The main general board is somewhat boring I tend to agree but again, much more mature and less cluttered than over here. I will go back and forth between the two as my personal preference

I could see that.....ISH is to Mosswood park and Rucker as RGM is to Brown University YMCA and the Princeton offense.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #219
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii

I find that difficult to believe. Trolling is 24/7 and eventually infiltrates everything. Even the people who don't troll are almost always carrying agendas.

To me there are a couple great posters who you can have engaging discussions.

Anyway I joined the site because Dklaer is a tactical genius
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #220
Spell&Grammar
Loser vs. Looser

Thanks for nothing.

Spell&Grammar
Spell&Grammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:42 AM   #221
gigantes
A piece of fluff

people who seldom if ever try to draw attention to themselves but who consistently find excellent points to make in a low-key, friendly way. you'd almost think that they're aussie or some shite. :P

miller-time
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #222
pauk
NBA Legend

I have no idea how to assess the level of knowledge from posters posting in only or mostly in the OTC... obviously everybody have random knowledge in some specific random non-basketball fields and have great grammar/vocabulary i guess, but thats as far as it goes... many of these "smartest people" mentioned here i have never even seen actively discuss basketball or not seen in the NBA forum at all and thats the only place where i can truly evaluate knowledge (basketball knowledge) from posters in a basketball forum... but i cant possibly mention them all...

Some guys that immediately pop to my mind are Kblaze & ShaqAttack, those are fantastic basketball minds.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #223
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

I haven't been on this site long enough to fully assess someone's intelligence. You have to define what intelligence really is. Intelligence, to me, does not mean someone can regurgitate information; sure some people might know a lot of things, but that does not make them smart especially when a quick google search can bring up any information, so a guy like KevinNYC should be quickly eliminated. I won't hate on KevNYC too much though because he did write a conspiracy satire that I thought was creative, but other than that one moment of intellect, he's pretty stupid overall.

I would say a guy like Pauk is intelligent; he has the ability to elaborate and convey his thoughts in long elaborate paragraphs. You can add that kid Sourpatchkid, Rake and JMT, y'know, guys who have the ability to put thoughts into words a lot better than most people who are usually verbally handicapped and can only stick to one liners. I think that is a gift and something that many people can't do, heck, some people in here can't even read more than one line (and are happy to admit so), so you know they are automatically dumb as f*ck.

I don't like guys who have a thesaurus handy to try to sound smart because conceptual thinking (the ability to understand the whole idea) is a lot higher level of thinking than merely using big words. Sometimes people might sound smart because they use fancy "mysterious" vocabularies but they tend to miss the conceptual meaning because they get too wind up with trying to sound smart. The truly smart guys are the ones who use simple words but the idea is big.

I also like that "aha" moment where a person says something you have never heard before; Myth, Iamgine, MillerTime and Nanners have done it a couple of times, but for the most part, they haven't done it enough for me to consider them full blown intelligent, but the fact they are the few who did it for me gives me a level of respect for them although I might not agree with them and actually think Myth is a douche and Iamgine is a closet homosexual.

And really, guys with too much green bars are usually stupid because they can't convey their opinions with honesty. They are trying too hard to be with the "in crowd" and I think that hampers their intellectual capacity.

Overall though, there are more dumb posters in here than smart ones: guys like Nathanjizzle and others spring to mind. They have this ghetto gene in them that makes them ghetto minded and usually this mindset means a lack of education. They speak only from emotions and can't express their thoughts in a coherent intellectual way.

I like to use vulgar language to elicit an emotional response from them as the start of their premise. Usually when they speak from emotions they can't think with logic and they fall for it everytime, so it's fairly easy to find flaws in their argument. Sad thing is they are too stupid to figure it out and actually get mad and their last resort is to cry to the mods without ever realizing what the fallacy in their argument started with. Haha.

Last edited by IamRAMBO24 : 02-16-2013 at 11:05 AM.
IamRAMBO24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #224
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

the absolutely smartest person on insidehoops is the poster who never wastes a minute of his life over here...

the rest of us will never be as smart as that guy.

DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #225
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
I also like that "aha" moment where a person says something you have never heard before; Myth, Iamgine, and Nanners have done it a couple of times, but for the most part, they haven't done it enough for me to consider them full blown intelligent, but the fact they are the few who did it for me gives me a level of respect for them although I might not agree with them and actually think Myth is a douche and Iamgine is a closet homosexual.

Aww you took me out and replaced me with Iamgine and Nanners

Does that mean I've never made you "aha" or does it mean you consider me full blown intelligent and therefore not a part of that group? I'm pretty sure it is the second one!
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: