Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #121
Story Up
LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Story Up is a pretty well-respected posterStory Up is a pretty well-respected posterStory Up is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Absolute Smartest People on InsideHoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Me, Myself, and I. I already created my own social network.
You are the biggest dumbass on this forum...
Story Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #122
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
The "geeky nerds are ugly, dumb jocks are attractive" argument falls apart after high school.

Also, I live in the land of overweight people. fat (ugly) people with above average intelligence are pretty rare in OKC.
not just OKC it looks like...(obviously)

The greater your weight, the lower your IQ, say scientists

being overweight is awful for you on so many levels...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #123
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I know that being overweight and depression are linked...

kind of conflicts with the claim that intelligent people are more likely to be depressed...
Old 06-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #124
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
not just OKC it looks like...(obviously)

The greater your weight, the lower your IQ, say scientists

being overweight is awful for you on so many levels...

interesting. i wonder what comes first, the low iq or the weight. it seems kind of like a chicken vs the egg situation. do people get fat because they are stupid, or does being fat actually make a person dumber?
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #125
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
interesting. i wonder what comes first, the low iq or the weight. it seems kind of like a chicken vs the egg situation. do people get fat because they are stupid, or does being fat actually make a person dumber?
the article claims that getting fat actually makes you dumber...

high blood pressure and other things affect brain chemistry in a negative way
Old 06-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #126
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I know that being overweight and depression are linked...

kind of conflicts with the claim that intelligent people are more likely to be depressed...

i think almost everybody is depressed depending on how you define depression. when i see commercials for anti-depressants that say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullshit random pharma commercial
"do you have trouble getting out of bed in the morning?"

"do you sometimes feel like stuff doesnt matter?"

"do you feel nervous about social situations?"

then you should ask your doctor about this pill

side effects include bleeding out the ass and instant death

well, I have trouble getting out of bed in the morning. sometimes I feel like my life is pointless. also, I get plenty nervous before going to an important work conference or something...... well that settles it, I guess I am depressed and should ask my doctor about the ass bleeding pill that will make me happy.

another thing on depression - the more i learn about the world, the more I ask myself how an educated individual can NOT be depressed. as an environmentalist, i dont see how it is possible for me to not be depressed. the way humans treat each other and the way we treat our giant organic spaceship is just flat out depressing.

we live in a society where we celebrate selfishness and stupidity, how can i not be depressed?
Old 06-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #127
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Story Up
You are the biggest dumbass on this forum...

F*ck you G00K. You're in your late 20's when you graduated in College. You are way past your prime. You will never be a millionaire, and a lawyer like me. Kiss my @$$ Bitchhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #128
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
F*ck you G00K. You're in your late 20's when you graduated in College. You are way past your prime. You will never be a millionaire, and a lawyer like me. Kiss my @$$ Bitchhhhhhhhhhhhh.

spoken like a millionaire lawyer
Old 06-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #129
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
spoken like a millionaire lawyer

The guy is a douche bag.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #130
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:

another thing on depression - the more i learn about the world, the more I ask myself how an educated individual can NOT be depressed. as an environmentalist, i dont see how it is possible for me to not be depressed. the way humans treat each other and the way we treat our giant organic spaceship is just flat out depressing.

we live in a society where we celebrate selfishness and stupidity, how can i not be depressed?
IMO you are looking at the glass half empty

there are plenty of us out there that are good spirited and loving...and plenty of people that don't celebrate stupidity.

the Earth may be doomed but IMO that could be seen as the nature and evolution of intelligent life...I bet life is destroying planets all over the universe...the "clean up period" will come for us generations later...MANY generations later

for me personaly, I feel that life is way too short...there is so much I would like to do and not nearly enough time.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #131
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Quote:
IMO you are looking at the glass half empty

there are plenty of us out there that are good spirited and loving...and plenty of people that don't celebrate stupidity.
I agree there are plenty of loving and good spirited people in the world, i am lucky enough to be friends/family with many of them.

I was speaking more generally, that as a society we celebrate selfishness and stupidity. an excellent example of this is the reality tv culture. you brought up kim kardashian earlier, the fact that many more people know about kim kardashian or snooki instead of someone like neil degrasse tyson is flat out depressing to me. when you look at common qualities of popular and famous people, stupidity and selfishness are becoming cornerstones.
Quote:
the Earth may be doomed but IMO that could be seen as the nature and evolution of intelligent life...I bet life is destroying planets all over the universe...the "clean up period" will come for us generations later...MANY generations later

glaciers are disappearing, amphibians and fish are going extinct at crazy rates, air and water quality are decreasing day after day, our environment is being filled with new exotic chemicals that have hardly even been tested.... that is flat out depressing.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #132
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
I agree there are plenty of loving and good spirited people in the world, i am lucky enough to be friends/family with many of them.

I was speaking more generally, that as a society we celebrate selfishness and stupidity. an excellent example of this is the reality tv culture. you brought up kim kardashian earlier, the fact that many more people know about kim kardashian or snooki instead of someone like neil degrasse tyson is flat out depressing to me. when you look at common qualities of popular and famous people, stupidity and selfishness are becoming cornerstones.

glaciers are disappearing, amphibians and fish are going extinct at crazy rates, air and water quality are decreasing day after day, our environment is being filled with new exotic chemicals that have hardly even been tested.... that is flat out depressing.
I guess who is famous is kind of depressing but IMO it isn't anything to lose sleep over, I grew up being influenced by gangsta rap which IMO is much worse than anything Kim or Snooki could influence.

When you said you were depressed by society I thought you meant war/rape/murder/torture/etc...not reality TV, we are always going to find dumb shit to entertain us

the Earth going to shit is also very depressing...yes, I agree

I still think we are a very long way away from seeing anything drastic...the sea level has risen how much over the past 100 years?...like a few inches?...the temp gone up a couple degrees maybe?...yeah it's an issue, but more of one for my great-great-great-great-great grandkids than me...and I hope they have a good solution
Old 06-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #133
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

KDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

that nig trey
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #134
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i are smrt
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #135
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
i are smrt

I concur.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: