Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #16
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 20,299
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
What makes you like women? Do you think you choose to be straight or do you think it is inherently what you are attracted too? As a straight person do you think you'd enjoy sleeping with another guy, but you just choose to be with women or are you just naturally attracted to women and not men?

There have always been homosexuals in humanity let alone other animals. It is a part of nature. Are you basing your beliefs squarely from a religious point of view? Certainly can't be from a scientific point of view.


This
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #17
bmulls
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,678
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Do you have any stats to back that up or are you just talking out of your as$? By your logic, women also seem much smarter these days than the ones that stayed at home and were subjugated...don't act like Julius Ceasar wasn't taking it in the bum by his army of young strapping Romans or that Aristotle disnt have Alexander the Great suck on his balls before going to sleep...

Just speculating.

However, there's a track record in human history of negative traits being bred out of society. Scientists estimate that in 100 years the ginger gene will be virtually extinct. Gingers are more common than homosexuals as a percent of the global population, and presumably the vast majority of them aren't gay, and yet they are predicted to be gone in 100 years.

Genetically speaking, a homosexuality gene would be FAR less competitive than the ginger gene, and given the many thousands of generations that have lived before us it should be trending downwards.

It's very possible however that the numbers of gays that seem to be growing is due to increased acceptance of it, which would skew the numbers.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #18
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?
 
Lebowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,450
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaby
English isn't first language give me a break.

I didn't say anything about your English. At all.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #19
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick
 
IcanzIIravor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I walk the earth Kung Fu style
Posts: 5,819
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
Just speculating.

However, there's a track record in human history of negative traits being bred out of society. Scientists estimate that in 100 years the ginger gene will be virtually extinct. Gingers are more common than homosexuals as a percent of the global population, and presumably the vast majority of them aren't gay, and yet they are predicted to be gone in 100 years.

Genetically speaking, a homosexuality gene would be FAR less competitive than the ginger gene, and given the many thousands of generations that have lived before us it should be trending downwards.

It's very possible however that the numbers of gays that seem to be growing is due to increased acceptance of it, which would skew the numbers.

I think it is more people don't have to hide it as much. I mean it still isn't acceptable in Islamic countries for one and I'm sure there are a number of other places in the world people have to hide it for fear of being shunned, beaten or worse.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #20
jdiaby
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 115
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
What makes you like women? Do you think you choose to be straight or do you think it is inherently what you are attracted too? As a straight person do you think you'd enjoy sleeping with another guy, but you just choose to be with women or are you just naturally attracted to women and not men?

There have always been homosexuals in humanity let alone other animals. It is a part of nature. Are you basing your beliefs squarely from a religious point of view? Certainly can't be from a scientific point of view.

Most gay people flip flop between both sexes, that why men go to prison and end up performing homosexual acts cause only man booty is available. I know I like women cause it's whats right, my dikk is made for ***** and vice versa. To be truthful if I ended up being in prison for a lifetime who knows what I do, i know I ain't getting my shit pushed in. I think homosexuality is just performing unnatural sex acts, just like having sex with animals. It's just this gay agenda stuff is crazy, I just don't agree with the lifestyle, unnatural acts, and overall look at as a disorder. I do however think they should be allowed to civil unions or some type of marriage per our constitution, but on a personal I don't agree with it.
jdiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #21
bmulls
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,678
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaby
Most gay people flip flop between both sexes, that why men go to prison and end up performing homosexual acts cause only man booty is available. I know I like women cause it's whats right, my dikk is made for ***** and vice versa. To be truthful if I ended up being in prison for a lifetime who knows what I do, i know I ain't getting my shit pushed in. I think homosexuality is just performing unnatural sex acts, just like having sex with animals. It's just this gay agenda stuff is crazy, I just don't agree with the lifestyle, unnatural acts, and overall look at as a disorder. I do however think they should be allowed to civil unions or some type of marriage per our constitution, but on a personal I don't agree with it.

I agree with this. I don't give 2 shits of they get married, I'm atheist and have no religious issues with gay people, but do we really have to act like it's right and normal?

Unfortunately everybody is going to call you a bigot because this site is 99% liberal morons who can't form an opinion of their own. Being an advocate of homosexuality is trendy these days.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #22
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?
 
Lebowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,450
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
I agree with this. I don't give 2 shits of they get married, I'm atheist and have no religious issues with gay people, but do we really have to act like it's right and normal?

Unfortunately everybody is going to call you a bigot because this site is 99% liberal morons who can't form an opinion of their own. Being an advocate of homosexuality is trendy these days.


And who are you to say what is right or normal? Those things are usually determined by social convention, which is, by nature, arbitrary. As other posters have already pointed out, things like homosexuality or pedophilia used to be common practice in the past and they weren't looked down upon.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #23
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick
 
IcanzIIravor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I walk the earth Kung Fu style
Posts: 5,819
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
I agree with this. I don't give 2 shits of they get married, I'm atheist and have no religious issues with gay people, but do we really have to act like it's right and normal?

Unfortunately everybody is going to call you a bigot because this site is 99% liberal morons who can't form an opinion of their own. Being an advocate of homosexuality is trendy these days.

Homosexuality is present in almost all species, if I recall correctly and thus has been around practically as long as any living creature has existed on this planet. Given this information what makes it wrong or abnormal outside of what religion conditioning has imprinted upon you? Enlightenment and greater knowledge has frightened many a person clinging to how things have always been. I see no reason to be in fear or disgust at greater numbers of people excepting what has always been as normal and not shunning fathers, mothers, children, cousins, etc solely because they are attracted to the same sex. Perhaps being a rational person leaves me unable to understand your point of view.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #24
jdiaby
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 115
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
And who are you to say what is right or normal? Those things are usually determined by social convention, which is, by nature, arbitrary. As other posters have already pointed out, things like homosexuality or pedophilia used to be common practice in the past and they weren't looked down upon.

Thats true, society does deem whats acceptable and correct, but all throughout history homosexuality has been on the fringes of society. No mainly homosexual society can survive, it's counterproductive to the growth of our society. Sex mainly for reproduction first, pleasure second. To act like we should give people rights and act like performing unnatural sex act validity is crazy, Nobody has to have sex.
jdiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #25
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?
 
Lebowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,450
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaby
Thats true, society does deem whats acceptable and correct, but all throughout history homosexuality has been on the fringes of society. No mainly homosexual society can survive, it's counterproductive to the growth of our society. Sex mainly for reproduction first, pleasure second. To act like we should give people rights and act like performing unnatural sex act validity is crazy, Nobody has to have sex.

Jesus christ, I swear people are getting more and more stupid by the minute.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #26
jdiaby
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 115
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
Homosexuality is present in almost all species, if I recall correctly and thus has been around practically as long as any living creature has existed on this planet. Given this information what makes it wrong or abnormal outside of what religion conditioning has imprinted upon you? Enlightenment and greater knowledge has frightened many a person clinging to how things have always been. I see no reason to be in fear or disgust at greater numbers of people excepting what has always been as normal and not shunning fathers, mothers, children, cousins, etc solely because they are attracted to the same sex. Perhaps being a rational person leaves me unable to understand your point of view.

There is nothing rational about a dikk in the anus, thats why grown man that partake in the acts have to wear diapers. Tell me a some benefits of homosexuality on society other than the lame population control theory?
jdiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #27
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick
 
IcanzIIravor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I walk the earth Kung Fu style
Posts: 5,819
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaby
Thats true, society does deem whats acceptable and correct, but all throughout history homosexuality has been on the fringes of society. No mainly homosexual society can survive, it's counterproductive to the growth of our society. Sex mainly for reproduction first, pleasure second. To act like we should give people rights and act like performing unnatural sex act validity is crazy, Nobody has to have sex.

That is incorrect. Check out Greek society for one. You know the precursors to modern democracy. Openly had homosexuality throughout the society, made most famous by the Spartans.

No society is mainly homosexual because the vast majority of people are heterosexual. I really don't understand what your point is with that last sentence. The only rights homosexuals in the US are fighting for is the right to marry the adult they love the same way I married my wife and probably the same way you will eventually marry whoever you find love with.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #28
jdiaby
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 115
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Jesus christ, I swear people are getting more and more stupid by the minute.

Where is the flaw in what I'm saying?
jdiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #29
LilKateMoss
Thread abuser
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 446
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Jesus christ, I swear people are getting more and more stupid by the minute.

Yes, it is called the "Lebron23 effect".
LilKateMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #30
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?
 
Lebowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,450
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaby
Where is the flaw in what I'm saying?

I'm sorry, I'm done feeding the troll.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy