Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #31
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick
 
IcanzIIravor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I walk the earth Kung Fu style
Posts: 5,813
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaby
There is nothing rational about a dikk in the anus, thats why grown man that partake in the acts have to wear diapers. Tell me a some benefits of homosexuality on society other than the lame population control theory?

Why does there have to be a benefit in modern society? What benefit is gained by any number of modern technologies in our society, yet they are embraced. We aren't a hunter/gather society from 500 BC needing to pop out babies to sustain the people due to lack of drugs or immunity against disease and other disasters. There is nothing rational about jacking off either, since your sperm should only be used to knock a chick up right? What makes you think all gay men have to wear diapers? Did you get that from a study on gay men having sex or something?
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #32
bmulls
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,678
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
Homosexuality is present in almost all species, if I recall correctly and thus has been around practically as long as any living creature has existed on this planet. Given this information what makes it wrong or abnormal outside of what religion conditioning has imprinted upon you? Enlightenment and greater knowledge has frightened many a person clinging to how things have always been. I see no reason to be in fear or disgust at greater numbers of people excepting what has always been as normal and not shunning fathers, mothers, children, cousins, etc solely because they are attracted to the same sex. Perhaps being a rational person leaves me unable to understand your point of view.

Liberal morons that are also apparently convinced of their intellectual superiority

I just posted I'm atheist, I've never been religious and I've never had any religious conditioning "imprinted" on me. I also accept that homosexuality exists and I don't care if they get married.

With that said, I don't need to agree with it. There are more criminals in the United States than gay people. Does that make criminality right and normal? For a legal example, millions of people cheat on their significant others. Is this also right and normal?

The mere fact that people do something doesn't inherently make it a good thing.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #33
jdiaby
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 115
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
That is incorrect. Check out Greek society for one. You know the precursors to modern democracy. Openly had homosexuality throughout the society, made most famous by the Spartans.

No society is mainly homosexual because the vast majority of people are heterosexual. I really don't understand what your point is with that last sentence. The only rights homosexuals in the US are fighting for is the right to marry the adult they love the same way I married my wife and probably the same way you will eventually marry whoever you find love with.

I understand that gays want the same rights as heterosexual couples, I believe they should have them per our constitution. I'm just saying they need to stop acting like homosexuality is genetic rather than a fetish or alternative lifestyle. Being gay is a choice, and unhealthy one at that, and just because I don't agree with the lifestyle doesn't make me a homophobe or wrong.
jdiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #34
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick
 
IcanzIIravor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I walk the earth Kung Fu style
Posts: 5,813
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
Liberal morons that are also apparently convinced of their intellectual superiority

I just posted I'm atheist, I've never been religious and I've never had any religious conditioning "imprinted" on me. I also accept that homosexuality exists and I don't care if they get married.

With that said, I don't need to agree with it. There are more criminals in the United States than gay people. Does that make criminality right and normal? For a legal example, millions of people cheat on their significant others. Is this also right and normal?

The mere fact that people do something doesn't inherently make it a good thing.

What makes it a bad thing then? Is it just your personal belief and if so where did you get this belief from. Since you are an atheist can one assume you have come to this conclusion over time and examining the issue from a rational perspective? Are you deriving it from the ick factor or is there some other facts that have led you to the position that it is abnormal and wrong? Given that homosexuality is found throughout other species how is it abnormal? Is this the slippery slope argument, since you have thrown in criminals into the mix and adultery? Do you think if homosexuality is accepted in society criminals and adulterers will be as well amongst other things?
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #35
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick
 
IcanzIIravor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I walk the earth Kung Fu style
Posts: 5,813
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaby
I understand that gays want the same rights as heterosexual couples, I believe they should have them per our constitution. I'm just saying they need to stop acting like homosexuality is genetic rather than a fetish or alternative lifestyle. Being gay is a choice, and unhealthy one at that, and just because I don't agree with the lifestyle doesn't make me a homophobe or wrong.

Do you really think it is a choice. Recently Iran executed several gay men for being gay. Given that they live in such a harsh society that would kill them rather than accept such, what makes you think they chose to be gay? In the face of a potential death sentence you think they chose to be gay when they could have resisted it and been heterosexual?
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #36
jdiaby
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 115
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
Why does there have to be a benefit in modern society? What benefit is gained by any number of modern technologies in our society, yet they are embraced. We aren't a hunter/gather society from 500 BC needing to pop out babies to sustain the people due to lack of drugs or immunity against disease and other disasters. There is nothing rational about jacking off either, since your sperm should only be used to knock a chick up right? What makes you think all gay men have to wear diapers? Did you get that from a study on gay men having sex or something?

If homosexuality is so harmless and rational to society and the individuals, I guess you would willing accept blood transfusion from homosexual individual?
jdiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #37
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick
 
IcanzIIravor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I walk the earth Kung Fu style
Posts: 5,813
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaby
If homosexuality is so harmless and rational to society and the individuals, I guess you would willing accept blood transfusion from homosexual individual?

Yes. Why wouldn't I. Being gay doesn't mean your blood is bad. What have you been reading?
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #38
jdiaby
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 115
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
Do you really think it is a choice. Recently Iran executed several gay men for being gay. Given that they live in such a harsh society that would kill them rather than accept such, what makes you think they chose to be gay? In the face of a potential death sentence you think they chose to be gay when they could have resisted it and been heterosexual?

I think people are weak of their fleshly desires, that why you have all-time high of single mothers, divorce, and adultery. People think with their sexual desires, instead of constraining oneself. Those men shouldn't been put to death for their bad decisions, but to act like being gay is ok and is genetic is crazy, if it is more gay people should be pushing to correct themselves and become normal.
jdiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #39
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick
 
IcanzIIravor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I walk the earth Kung Fu style
Posts: 5,813
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaby
I think people are weak of their fleshly desires, that why you have all-time high of single mothers, divorce, and adultery. People think with their sexual desires, instead of constraining oneself. Those men shouldn't been put to death for their bad decisions, but to act like being gay is ok and is genetic is crazy, if it is more gay people should be pushing to correct themselves and become normal.

Do you think it is by choice that you aren't gay? Have you ever desired to sleep with another man, but simply chose not too? Is it by choice that you are only attracted to women or do you feel you could easily go gay if you wanted too?
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #40
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 20,292
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaby
I think people are weak of their fleshly desires, that why you have all-time high of single mothers, divorce, and adultery. People think with their sexual desires, instead of constraining oneself. Those men shouldn't been put to death for their bad decisions, but to act like being gay is ok and is genetic is crazy, if it is more gay people should be pushing to correct themselves and become normal.


Were you born irretrievably stupid or did you just choose that trait?
rufuspaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #41
jdiaby
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 115
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
Yes. Why wouldn't I. Being gay doesn't mean your blood is bad. What have you been reading?

I guess my guy, but there is reason why they don't allow homosexuals to donate blood because the have higher chance of being suspectible to AIDS and other diseases, doesn't mean they all have something but higher percentage do because of the acts they engage in. It would be like accepting blood from somebody in central africa.
jdiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #42
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 20,292
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaby
I guess my guy, but there is reason why they don't allow homosexuals to donate blood because the have higher chance of being suspectible to AIDS and other diseases, doesn't mean they all have something but higher percentage do because of the acts they engage in. It would be like accepting blood from somebody in central africa.




This doesn't even deserve a comment but I'm bored so I'll feed the troll. Blood from good ole 1st world heterosexuals can transmit disease too. That's why blood is tested and typed before it is used in transfusions.
rufuspaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #43
jdiaby
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 115
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Were you born irretrievably stupid or did you just choose that trait?

Please bro, just cause you wanna accept that ******ry ain't got shit to do with me, we have to agree to disagree and keep it movin'.
jdiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #44
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,284
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaby
I guess my guy, but there is reason why they don't allow homosexuals to donate blood because the have higher chance of being suspectible to AIDS and other diseases, doesn't mean they all have something but higher percentage do because of the acts they engage in. It would be like accepting blood from somebody in central africa.
Wow do you even know how AIDS is transmitted? It has nothing to do with being gay. My god...... Do they even teach this shit in health class any more? Are did you just decide to make your own reality?
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #45
ace23
*****
 
ace23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 10,089
Default Re: If people are really born gay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
Wow do you even know how AIDS is transmitted? It has nothing to do with being gay. My god...... Do they even teach this shit in health class any more?
AIDS is more easily transmitted by **** than ******l because of the blood.

That guy is pretty stupid, though.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:02 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy