Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-22-2012, 02:06 AM   #1
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

Default I'm so sick of hearing "pound it into the bigs"

I want the Lakers to play like every other NBA team with a scorers, slashers and shooters on offense. And guys who can move on defense.

Bynum and Gasol is NOT an advantage over playoff teams offensively (especially with no shooters) and defensively they are a liability

One of them needs to go. I don't really care who. Kobe needs a Westbrook and Harden more than he needs 2 inconsistent bigs
konex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:07 AM   #2
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: I'm so sick of hearing "pound it into the bigs"

I said it before, and I'll say it again...our bigs are NO LONGER our advantage. This team needs to be re-tooled in a big way
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:09 AM   #3
iamgine

Well they would be an advantage if Lakers have Steve Nash instead of Kobe Bryant.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:10 AM   #4
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

It's a joke because you cant pound it into the bigs when you have no shooters. It's just too easy to double and disrupt. Artest is the best 3 point shooter on this team right now. Kobe doesnt have the legs to shoot them anymore.. he has been barely attempting them in this series/playoffs.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:11 AM   #5
I.R.Beast
National High School Star

I agree...You double those LA bigs or push them away from the basket they are damn near useless. All they did tonight was clog kobe's lane and blow layups!!..... Hard to feel sorry for a guy with 5 rings, but Kobe went in tonight. Anyone hating on the guy is a fool. That's like me trying to hate on that beast mode performance James had yesterday.
I.R.Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:11 AM   #6
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
Well they would be an advantage if Lakers have Steve Nash instead of Kobe Bryant.

Right, and opposing teams PGs blowing by Nash, getting their bigs in foul trouble would totally be an advantage.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:13 AM   #7
gengiskhan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
I want the Lakers to play like every other NBA team with a scorers, slashers and shooters on offense. And guys who can move on defense.

Kobe dont play D. Kobe dont play D on fastbreak. Kobe was ahead on Harden fastbreak dunk & didnt even challenge him.

Quote:
Bynum and Gasol is NOT an advantage over playoff teams offensively (especially with no shooters) and defensively they are a liability

Kobe is the biggest liability coming off the 2012 olympics. This was kobe's best chance to go deep in POs. only 59 reg sea games played. He crashed out in 2nd round loosing OKL series just by himself.

Gasol & Bynum combo showed they can win multiple games in a row with Kobe taking 6 games break. Even World Peace showed he can step up in scoring when ball is not hogged by kobe & moved around faster.

Quote:
One of them needs to go. I don't really care who. Kobe needs a Westbrook and Harden more than he needs 2 inconsistent bigs

Wesbrooke will be destroyed by Kobe centric offense. Kobe takes too much time to create & get the shot off. Westbrook is "on the run" player. Kobe cannot keep up with him. If kobe slows down the whole offense, westbrook will be just another spectator like current LAL line up.
gengiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:13 AM   #8
Doomsnite Danny
I airball my layups

the lakers should keep bynum imo. players like him are hard to come by. you need him for different style of teams. i do agree they need to get younger guys to fill in the gaps.
Doomsnite Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:16 AM   #9
iamgine

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Right, and opposing teams PGs blowing by Nash, getting their bigs in foul trouble would totally be an advantage.
Get a good guard defender.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:17 AM   #10
Doomsnite Danny
I airball my layups

also mike brown is an imbecile so they should start there. no coach should ever give the message that no matter what happens, they still get to live out good lives.
Doomsnite Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:18 AM   #11
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengiskhan
Kobe dont play D. Kobe dont play D on fastbreak. Kobe was ahead on Harden fastbreak dunk & didnt even challenge him.

Kobe is the biggest liability coming off the 2012 olympics. This was kobe's best chance to go deep in POs. only 59 reg sea games played. He crashed out in 2nd round loosing OKL series just by himself.

Gasol & Bynum combo showed they can win multiple games in a row with Kobe taking 6 games break. Even World Peace showed he can step up in scoring when ball is not hogged by kobe & moved around faster.

Wesbrooke will be destroyed by Kobe centric offense. Kobe takes too much time to create & get the shot off. Westbrook is "on the run" player. Kobe cannot keep up with him. If kobe slows down the whole offense, westbrook will be just another spectator like current LAL line up.

stop being an idiot.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:20 AM   #12
RazorBaLade
Banned

Pau says he doesnt want to be traded but hes not sure the feeling is mutual. Lol.
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:20 AM   #13
Zedja
Prince of All Saiyans

Quote:
I'm a loser who doesn't seem to watch games. I think I actually know something about basketball, but reality is that I'm just a no life ******.

Wow those words brought tears to my eyes.
Zedja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:21 AM   #14
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
stop being an idiot.

It's literally impossible for him.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:22 AM   #15
Batz
Shit just got serious

Quote:

We should have a petition to get rid of you.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: