Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Default Lin vs Dragic

I found this article interesting. Your thoughts?

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...s-goran-dragic
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Lin vs Dragic

I'll take Lin. Dragic is a lefty. I don't trust lefty basketball players. Same for quarterbacks. Only sport where being a lefty is good is baseball.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #3
Rameek
Krust Kingz

I think this is a complete moronic comparison.

Simple Lin started 20 something games compared to a guy thats been in the league for 4 or 5 years.

Pure STUPID!

Anyone that reads this drivel should just watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtNHuqHWefU
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I think this is a complete moronic comparison.

Simple Lin started 20 something games compared to a guy thats been in the league for 4 or 5 years.

Pure STUPID!

Anyone that reads this drivel should just watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtNHuqHWefU

Actually, they were comparing their stats as starters. It's like 24 vs 26 starts for their respective teams.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Actually, they were comparing their stats as starters. It's like 24 vs 26 starts for their respective teams.
Still a player with 4 or 5 years experience compared to 24 games? Its utterly ridiculous.

Who is going to be better a guy that plays and practices in the NBA for 4 or 5 years with coaching development and experience as a back up to some kid thats been in and out the league dleague??

Quote:
ESPN New York asked six GMs which player they would choose to be their starter now and for the future, and all of them picked Dragic. Lin's and Dragic's averages were nearly identical as starters -- 18.2 points, 7.7 assists and 2.0 steals over 25 games vs. 18.2 points, 8.3 assists and 1.8 steals over 26 games -- but GMs and scouts compare Dragic a bit more to Steve Nash, especially because he grew under the tutelage of the two-time MVP in Phoenix from 2008 to '11.

Still a retarded comparison. Dont get me wrong this just tells me Lin is better than people give him credit for but its irresponsible journalism.

If they get Drago I am fine with it he beasted in Houston!
Old 05-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

End of the day, I'm not sure I want either guy. With this year's weak crop of PGs in the draft, these guys are bound to get overpaid. I know the most Lin can get is the MLE in the 1st year but it doesn't stop a team from backloading the hell out of a deal.

I'd rather spend my MLE on a SG and go get a cheaper option at point until we can draft and develop a guy. Sundiata Gaines, Delonte West etc

Last edited by franchize : 05-25-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
End of the day, I'm not sure I want either guy. With this year's weak crop of PGs in the draft, these guys are bound to get overpaid. I know the most Lin can get is the MLE in the 1st year but it doesn't stop a team from backloading the hell out of a deal.

I'd rather spend my MLE on a SG and go get a cheaper option at point until we can draft and develop a guy. Sundiata Gaines, Delonte West etc

Shumpert will be our SG for the next 5-6 years at least.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Shumpert will be our SG for the next 5-6 years at least.
He's out till december at minimum. First priority is a pg via hell or high water, cook or crook, trade, draft whatever.com
Old 05-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #9
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
He's out till december at minimum. First priority is a pg via hell or high water, cook or crook, trade, draft whatever.com
Amen brother Rameek
Old 05-26-2012, 03:35 AM   #10
Rameek
Krust Kingz

By no stretch of the imagination do I think Lin is a great player but he has potential. I do not want to go into another season as a fan with an incomplete roster. There is only a short window with Melo Stat and Chandler and by no means are they championship quality players. If Lin can be developed why couldnt he be a 2nd option or 3rd option scorer on a team. When reality hit that it was just Melo who could score it would have been nice to have a Lin available. Everyone wants Stat to be that 2nd option but if he cant defend and you cant depend on him to score difference making points well we've seen Lin do it in a small sample size.

If better is out there then fine get it but why let him go and have no one else? Then you get stuck depending on a Boomdizzle, Bibby, Toney Douglas type. I'd much rather have Lin logging the minutes and getting better. Part of development is taking a risk and the time to see what you have.

Its bad enough Shump is gone until December. Is it wise to go into next season with only Melo, Stat, Chandler, TD, Harrellson, Jordan? I think its wiser to have a starting 4 at worse and no bench than a starting 3 (PG a position not readily available) and no bench.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:02 AM   #11
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Lin screams combo guard. I want Nash.... sigh.....
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #12
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
Lin screams combo guard. I want Nash.... sigh.....
Under different circumstances like he was a last piece to a championship run I would say go for it but that isnt the case and he will cost more than the knicks have to spend.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #13
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Quote:
Under different circumstances like he was a last piece to a championship run I would say go for it but that isnt the case and he will cost more than the knicks have to spend.

I don't know how viable of a claim this is - but weren't people saying that Nash would find the Knicks enticing due to the fact that he lived there? Also, I genuinely believe that with a true PG in Nash, we could be championship contenders considering the fact that our 2 bigs are heavily dependent on pick and roll opportunities and need to be spoon fed the ball.

Also, I'm not sure how the cap works but aren't we over and cap and only have the MLE, meaning that we only have the MLE to spend on either Lin, Dragic or Nash? I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify for me. I'd assume all the other possible teams Nash could go to to compete for a title are also over the cap so the money that he could get from them is also at max the MLE?
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: