Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
LBJFTW
Duncan>Kobe>Lebron

LBJFTW has decent reputation
Default plantar fasciitis

Anyone ever have it? How long did it take to go away before you woke up in the morning with no heel pain? How long until you were able to ball? I suspect playing on concrete once per week with Nike hyperdunk lows is what did it to me. I was playing on wood the other 3 days per week and running 15 miles weekly on the treadmill. I'm on IBuprofen, night splints, ultrasound treatments, orthotics, and doing the daily recommended rehab exercises along with heat and cold packs.
LBJFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:39 AM   #2
ezrida
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ezrida has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: plantar fasciitis

Hi
I have (had?) plantar fasciitis for about a year now. I think it is all very individual. As many people you will get to answer the question so will be the treatment recommendations and recovery time. I read somewhere that the average remission time of severe PF case is 6 months. One has plantar fasciitis because of his high arch so he needs arch support. The other has plantar fasciitis because he is running too much and he needs cushioning. One has flat feet, one spends 10 hours a day on his feet, the other run too much ... and so on.
The point is that everyone should find his own cure. You should be active with your treatment trying to find the one that will give you comfort. Donít give up as you can see most of the people find relief at the end.
The best thing for me was plantar fasciitis taping. I have found it very useful. I am done with the heel pain and I am still taping my feet while running. Taping will keep your foot from getting injured again and will help you get through your daily routine. I have found this website to give me many good ideas at:
http://www.plantar-fasciitis-elrofeet.com
Take care
ezrida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:41 AM   #3
rush
I airball my layups

rush has an OK reputation so far

I get plantar fasciitis from time to time, but fortunately for me, it's never really chronic.

I have a really high arch on my feet, so I wear the Dr Scholls inserts for high arches... but honestly, it's still not high enough. But it's better than nothing, and it really helps.

Also, if you wanna ice it, throw a bottle of water in the freezer. Once it freezes, step on the bottle and roll it back and forth to soothe the inflamed arch.
rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
LBJFTW
Duncan>Kobe>Lebron

LBJFTW has decent reputation

I still have it. Seen many doctors, did much physical therapy. Tried everything just short of the plasma induction. Considering surgery.
LBJFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: