Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-20-2007, 12:32 AM   #1
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation
Default OT: Burning DVD's

Today my friend burned me a copy of Jackass 2 in perfect quality and it even had previews for the newer movies coming out and a menu. I was amazed.

I was just wondering where I could download such movies with menu's, and in perfect quality.

Can anyone help?
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:34 AM   #2
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

He probably just gave you his copy of the DVD since you're so awesome and have been such a good friend to him.

I've never heard of having a movie with menus and everything. Usually I have to create my own.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:35 AM   #3
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not exactly sure of the program but I know I have a friend that has this program where he can rip the original DVD as a whole and then just burn it onto a disc.

Just wanted to write something even though I'm useless since I provided no input to your question.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:36 AM   #4
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
Today my friend burned me a copy of Jackass 2 in perfect quality and it even had previews for the newer movies coming out and a menu. I was amazed.

I was just wondering where I could download such movies with menu's, and in perfect quality.

Can anyone help?

newsgroups
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:57 AM   #5
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's easy to copy DVD's. All you have to do is rent or buy one, get a program like 1click DVD to copy it, and DVD43 to turn off copy write protection, insert DVD, click start, when prompted put in blank, wait 15 minutes to burn.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:58 AM   #6
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

you can download DVDrips off Mirc, newsgroups, torrents etc. but they wont have the full menu and special features etc.

what your friend probably did was use DVDshrink or dvdcopy. you take the original DVD, (you cant copy a copied DVD), the burner will copy it to a temp folder on your hard drive. you put in a blank and the software will cut all the temp info from that folder and paste it on the dvd. that is what your friend most likely did.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:59 AM   #7
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
It's easy to copy DVD's. All you have to do is rent or buy one, get a program like 1click DVD to copy it, and DVD43 to turn off copy write protection, insert DVD, click start, when prompted put in blank, wait 15 minutes to burn.

DVD43 is a god send. when that little guy turns green iam happy!
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
you can download DVDrips off Mirc, newsgroups, torrents etc. but they wont have the full menu and special features etc.

what your friend probably did was use DVDshrink or dvdcopy. you take the original DVD, (you cant copy a copied DVD), the burner will copy it to a temp folder on your hard drive. you put in a blank and the software will cut all the temp info from that folder and paste it on the dvd. that is what your friend most likely did.

yeah but Jackass 2 isn't even out in stores yet.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:20 PM   #9
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Then he got it from a NewsGroup our BitTorrent, and burned it as an iso with Alchohol 120% or something similar.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #10
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Out of the blue (seemingly) my cd and dvd rom are simply gone off of my computer. That makes zero sense. I barely used them, but....

Will I have to buy something or will taking it to my schools computer center help.

I've had that happened to me a few times as well. I had to call dell and we fixed it through registries, but I would first try to install the drivers again.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:48 PM   #11
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I've had that happened to me a few times as well. I had to call dell and we fixed it through registries, but I would first try to install the drivers again.

How would I re-install the drivers if my cd thing wont even open.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:49 PM   #12
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
How would I re-install the drivers if my cd thing wont even open.

You can download them from the net. Or if you go to Device Manager and you can still see the DVD and CD there (it might have a check next to it), try to uninstall it and restart your cpu.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:57 PM   #13
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Yeah, go to the manufacturers website and download the drivers, you should be able to install them directly from the file without a CD or floppy.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:07 PM   #14
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

the whole menu select thing on DVDs is a feature that is possible because of all the channels on the DVD itself. it is a native thing would take far too much effort and programming for someone to program that onto a downloadable file.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:13 PM   #15
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

That is entirely false.

Nearly every DVD you download or copy will contain the original menus.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: