Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-08-2015, 09:31 AM   #1
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL has a terrific reputationDCL has a terrific reputationDCL has a terrific reputationDCL has a terrific reputationDCL has a terrific reputationDCL has a terrific reputation
Default Apple iWatch

okay. so what the hell can it do that a smartphone can't do? why are people so excited over this stupid thing??

http://www.apple.com/watch/guided-to...-welcome?cid=&
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:33 AM   #2
fiddy
My brain rlaxes@150BPM

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Apple iWatch

dumb consumers, the less we talk about this garbage the better
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:53 AM   #3
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDraz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDraz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDraz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDraz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDraz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDraz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDraz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDraz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDraz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDraz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Only thing I was interested in was Google glass and tbh that shit probably would make me get a headache and nausea
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:07 AM   #4
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I get it in principle. It's useful to be able read notifications, call, navigate your music etc while your phone is in your pocket. It's just too bad it's large, ugly and can't hold a charge for a day.

It's a toy, not a watch.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:36 AM   #5
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 has an incredible reputation hereandgar923 has an incredible reputation hereandgar923 has an incredible reputation hereandgar923 has an incredible reputation hereandgar923 has an incredible reputation hereandgar923 has an incredible reputation here

It, like other smartwatches are meant as a companion to smartphones.

One reviewer mentioned that a computer is something you use for hours, a phone is something you use for minutes, a smartwatch is something you use in seconds.

It's small bits of information or actions that will allow its users some convenience.

I've read people complain about why need a smart watch, while others have pointed out different scenarios in which it is useful, it isn't for everyone that's for sure.

And NO I won't be buying one.

I do think that the smart watch will evolve into something more useful and powerful. We will see some apps (for all platforms) that really make them useful.

Apple (and others) have already showed how it can be an useful tool to track one's health, so there are some benefits to having a smart watch aside from just telling time.

Or are watches in general frowned upon as well?
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:49 AM   #6
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 has not been impressing people

The idea is great, unfortunately the implementation leaves a little to be desired.

My understanding is that the watch requires the phone to work(it's tethered) which makes no sense to me. What if I'm just out jogging? or dont have pockets? Or simply dont want to take my phone?

The watch by itself is such a great idea, it's little alerts..'hey' from your friend mike, or 'there's an event nearby at the ritz', the weather..

The watch(regardless of apple being the brand or not) presents an elegant way to live in a sensor driven world, unfortunately the amount of technology(just the phone) required to make it work is too much.

As a consume who has the option to buy this product, id want to wear just it and let information come to me.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:54 AM   #7
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm sure it will eventually evolve to be used beyond simple notifications but watches are kind of an anachronistic style piece in my mind. Maybe that will change as wearable tech becomes more of a trend where the watch can replace exercise monitoring bracelets. I'm sure it will be a good way to track health, sleep patterns, etc as well as convenient notifications in the future.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:56 AM   #8
AkronAngel
Serious playground baller

AkronAngel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAkronAngel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAkronAngel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAkronAngel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAkronAngel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAkronAngel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAkronAngel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAkronAngel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAkronAngel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAkronAngel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAkronAngel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think I could bring myself to wearing one of these.
AkronAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:56 AM   #9
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDraz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDraz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDraz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDraz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDraz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDraz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDraz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDraz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDraz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDraz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll want my grandparents to have one for many reasons
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:59 AM   #10
warriorfan
Local High School Star

warriorfan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardwarriorfan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardwarriorfan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardwarriorfan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardwarriorfan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardwarriorfan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardwarriorfan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

nerd shit, bring back the nextel
warriorfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:08 AM   #11
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i'd like a smart watch, this is why:

Most days I am in meetings or hearings for the bulk of the day.

During these meetings and hearings my phone goes off constantly. It's very rude for me to pull out my phone and see who has called or texted. It looks like i'm disinterested or don't care. Not a good look.

It would be nice to just glance at a watch and see what's going on.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:18 AM   #12
fiddy
My brain rlaxes@150BPM

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
i'd like a smart watch, this is why:

Most days I am in meetings or hearings for the bulk of the day.

During these meetings and hearings my phone goes off constantly. It's very rude for me to pull out my phone and see who has called or texted. It looks like i'm disinterested or don't care. Not a good look.

It would be nice to just glance at a watch and see what's going on.
Its the same damn thing, regardless if you are looking at your phone or toy-watch, the people would be able to tell.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:22 AM   #13
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL
why are people so excited over this stupid thing??

iSheep
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:00 PM   #14
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 has an incredible reputation hereandgar923 has an incredible reputation hereandgar923 has an incredible reputation hereandgar923 has an incredible reputation hereandgar923 has an incredible reputation hereandgar923 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
The idea is great, unfortunately the implementation leaves a little to be desired.

My understanding is that the watch requires the phone to work(it's tethered) which makes no sense to me. What if I'm just out jogging? or dont have pockets? Or simply dont want to take my phone?

The watch by itself is such a great idea, it's little alerts..'hey' from your friend mike, or 'there's an event nearby at the ritz', the weather..

The watch(regardless of apple being the brand or not) presents an elegant way to live in a sensor driven world, unfortunately the amount of technology(just the phone) required to make it work is too much.

As a consume who has the option to buy this product, id want to wear just it and let information come to me.
i agree on the tether part.

Being tethered however is the best option for now.

There is a few that are tether free, but I believe it has many limits.

I think they'll be great 2 years from now, as storage size decreases, and battery life increases.

and theres the whole 3G connection to receive data concern.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:03 PM   #15
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
Its the same damn thing, regardless if you are looking at your phone or toy-watch, the people would be able to tell.
No it's not. It's far less intrusive and rude.

One can also filter and customize alerts to minimize how often has to check.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: