Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-25-2012, 02:10 AM   #136
Ketchup
boogie like

Ketchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Down 17lbs to 208lbs in a month.
Feel good too since I'm playing ball a bit again and feel a lot lighter and quicker on the court. Haven't lost any strength either as I'm doing the same weight and reps on all my compound exercises.

How's everyone else holding up?
Ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:16 AM   #137
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Swam 5 times this week, hiked for 2 hours. Only couple pounds lost so far. Need to stop eating late and eat slower so I get full faster. Also drink more water.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:26 AM   #138
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Swam 5 times this week, hiked for 2 hours. Only couple pounds lost so far. Need to stop eating late and eat slower so I get full faster. Also drink more water.

you already recovered from your ACL/MCL TEAR????

I am dieing so bored after my surgery Can't do anything really until i get my green light to start working out/ playing sports again. I've just started walking around outside again but lost all my cardio.
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:38 AM   #139
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGordon23
you already recovered from your ACL/MCL TEAR????

I am dieing so bored after my surgery Can't do anything really until i get my green light to start working out/ playing sports again. I've just started walking around outside again but lost all my cardio.

Not fully recovered but it's been 7 weeks now... so I'm at the point where as long as I don't pivot hard+fast I'm okay. On the hike.. I slipped off a small rock and hurt it a bit and had to sit for 5-10 minutes. It was a grade 2 MCL tear and an ACL sprain not tear. About 2 weeks ago I had a nasty setback where I went to get in my car and turned my left knee inward hard to get in and re-tore it a bit and it got swollen again for like 3 days.

The pain was extreme but I learned a lesson and now I'm more cautious. With these types of injuries when it feels better... it doesn't mean it's better. So now I'm doing swimming+hiking+walking for rehab and so far it does seem to be getting stronger again.

What injury did you get again? Torn ACL? If so... ACL injuries are much harder to rehab and heal from. Do swimming man. Great on joints and I can actually kick my legs underwater without a problem. I've been able to push off the sidewall on the pool but I have a tendency to push my limits.. and will probably hurt myself again.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:48 AM   #140
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Not fully recovered but it's been 7 weeks now... so I'm at the point where as long as I don't pivot hard+fast I'm okay. On the hike.. I slipped off a small rock and hurt it a bit and had to sit for 5-10 minutes. It was a grade 2 MCL tear and an ACL sprain not tear. About 2 weeks ago I had a nasty setback where I went to get in my car and turned my left knee inward hard to get in and re-tore it a bit and it got swollen again for like 3 days.

The pain was extreme but I learned a lesson and now I'm more cautious. With these types of injuries when it feels better... it doesn't mean it's better. So now I'm doing swimming+hiking+walking for rehab and so far it does seem to be getting stronger again.

What injury did you get again? Torn ACL? If so... ACL injuries are much harder to rehab and heal from. Do swimming man. Great on joints and I can actually kick my legs underwater without a problem. I've been able to push off the sidewall on the pool but I have a tendency to push my limits.. and will probably hurt myself again.

Ahh My bad. Good to see your recovery well then. I think its a good thing to push your limits specially if your young.

I didn't Tear my ACL I don't think i could handle that mentally. I got a sports hernia and tore muscle tissue in my stomach so I have to wait 8 to 10 weeks. Before I can start playing ball or lifting weights so I dont reopen the tear.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:59 AM   #141
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Ahh My bad. Good to see your recovery well then. I think its a good thing to push your limits specially if your young.

I didn't Tear my ACL I don't think i could handle that mentally. I got a sports hernia and tore muscle tissue in my stomach so I have to wait 8 to 10 weeks. Before I can start playing ball or lifting weights so I dont reopen the tear.

I'm 26. Is that young? . Oh damn dude! What you have sounds vicious. I hear torn abs/stomach muscles are a nightmare to recover from because literally ANYTHING you do can and will hurt it. With the knee it was like that first week... but after that I basically just had to take it really easy.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:02 AM   #142
EricGordon23
Good college starter

Quote:
I'm 26. Is that young? . Oh damn dude! What you have sounds vicious. I hear torn abs/stomach muscles are a nightmare to recover from because literally ANYTHING you do can and will hurt it. With the knee it was like that first week... but after that I basically just had to take it really easy.

Pretty young . I am 20 so you got a few years on me. your entering your prime don't waste it!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:08 AM   #143
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Pretty young . I am 20 so you got a few years on me. your entering your prime don't waste it!

I know man... that's why I'm so fu**ing pissed that I'm not in prime shape. I need to enjoy fitness now because obviously in your let's say 50's... it's MUCH MUCH harder to stay fit. If I get insanely fit now I can enjoy and sustain it for at least 15-20 years. I need to just take it a day at a time and a choice at a time. No more hot wings .
Old 06-25-2012, 03:14 AM   #144
Clippersfan86
Banned

The thing working in my favor is I'm competitive as shit and a work horse. If I can get motivation towards something I'm RELENTLESS as hell to a crazy point. I don't stop until I get what I want. I just need to make myself motivated enough and want it badly enough and I know I'll dominate.

When I used to play basketball I would shoot literally 500+ shots 4-5 times a week and that was after 2-3 hours of pick up ball or league games (depending on year). It's probably why I had about 25-30 foot range on the shot. One time I shot 100 threes and hit 82 (not BSing). I'm sure on ISH everybody will say "Oh that's easy" etc.... but anybody who's legit knows how much dedication it takes to get your shot to that point.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:20 AM   #145
EricGordon23
Good college starter

Quote:
The thing working in my favor is I'm competitive as shit and a work horse. If I can get motivation towards something I'm RELENTLESS as hell to a crazy point. I don't stop until I get what I want. I just need to make myself motivated enough and want it badly enough and I know I'll dominate.

When I used to play basketball I would shoot literally 500+ shots 4-5 times a week and that was after 2-3 hours of pick up ball or league games (depending on year). It's probably why I had about 25-30 foot range on the shot. One time I shot 100 threes and hit 82 (not BSing). I'm sure on ISH everybody will say "Oh that's easy" etc.... but anybody who's legit knows how much dedication it takes to get your shot to that point.

Thats awesome man. Motivation is everything in life and it's good that you have it. Being competitive is awesome. I have always been a real streaky shooter from the 3 so congrats on that.

I can't wait I admit this past year I have really slacked and took playing sports and working out for granted so I can't wait to get back to it and just show people up.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:24 AM   #146
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Thats awesome man. Motivation is everything in life and it's good that you have it. Being competitive is awesome. I have always been a real streaky shooter from the 3 so congrats on that.

I can't wait I admit this past year I have really slacked and took playing sports and working out for granted so I can't wait to get back to it and just show people up.

Serious injuries like ours make you realize how you take simple things for granted like being able to go and play ball etc. I just hope I'm able to get my knee 100 percent without professional rehab. I have an itch to play again and I don't want to push it and re-injure.

Yea man.... I love when people talk trash to me... or I get matched up with somebody better than me. It really makes me get competitive and play with a vengeance. I feed off of that kind of stuff and get up for it.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:11 PM   #147
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

me as of yesterday. I'm usually about 10-15 pounds heavier, but i decided to do something different this summer and lift lighter weights, do more cardio, and maintain a stricter diet. I kinda miss being bigger, but i've been getting alot of compliments with the leaner build. need more work on my abs and legs though.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #148
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Great arm genetics rezz.

I fluctuate from 155-180 and can literally drop/gain weight in a few weeks (dead serious)

I feel like you ought to compete for ultimate ninja warrior.

This is a basketball website so I assume everyone's got some kind of hops and agility. And then grip strength comes with the chins and pull-ups and the corestrength.

Let's do it.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #149
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Great arm genetics rezz.

I fluctuate from 155-180 and can literally drop/gain weight in a few weeks (dead serious)

I feel like you ought to compete for ultimate ninja warrior.

This is a basketball website so I assume everyone's got some kind of hops and agility. And then grip strength comes with the chins and pull-ups and the corestrength.

Let's do it.
Dude, I wanna do that so bad. I love obstacle courses. I've done a warrior dash and I have the tough mudder this october. Also attempting my first marathon in january. After that, it's gonna be triathlons with ntt ultimate goal being an iron man
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #150
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Down from 238lbs since January 15th to 185lbs as of yesterday. Ending weight goal is 178 so I'm really close to reaching it. After that I want to maintain that between 165-178 while building some lean muscle and bringing my body fat % down. Hopefully get a physique similar to rezznor posted.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: