Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #151
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

At lake tahoe, I'm the one on the left.
I eat like trash but I think I'm pretty fit. Don't go to the gym, just pushups, 8 counts, pullups, and curls at home and stairs for cardio and legs. I should probably go sign up for a gym and do weights but I don't want to look like a barrel at 5' 4".
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #152
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlver

At lake tahoe, I'm the one on the left.
I eat like trash but I think I'm pretty fit.

For eating trash you look great!

Ah those genes.......
LBJ 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #153
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 23
For eating trash you look great!

Ah those genes.......
I eat mostly fast food and tv dinners except when my mom makes dinner. Almost no vegetables. Probably why I'm so short. I should get on a better diet soon.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #154
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I eat mostly fast food and tv dinners except when my mom makes dinner. Almost no vegetables. Probably why I'm so short. I should get on a better diet soon.

Health-wise you definitely should.

Otherwise, be very lucky to have those kind of genetics.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #155
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
when i was your age that's how i ate. it's gonna catch up to you man!
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #156
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've been hitting the weights lately. I think it's going well:

SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #157
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 23
Health-wise you definitely should.

Otherwise, be very lucky to have those kind of genetics.
Is diet that significant?
I play ball and work out daily so I don't think it has that much to do with genes.

Quote:
when i was your age that's how i ate. it's gonna catch up to you man!
Yeah I'm going to find some simple but healthy diet and try to stick with it. Need to learn how to cook though.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #158
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I play ball and work out daily so I don't think it has that much to do with genes.

Yeah I'm going to find some simple but healthy diet and try to stick with it. Need to learn how to cook though.
i would say working out is 33%, diet is 33%, recovery time is 33% (not factoring in genetics)
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:23 AM   #159
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

Quote:

Yes, it is.

It has almost everything to do with genes and fast metabolism. Of course, working out doesn't hurt but it's not what makes the difference in your case I would say.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:52 AM   #160
Alan
Good High School Starter

Alan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat cool

B-Low, could you spread some knowledge on Rushfit. I checked their website and I kind of get a feeling that this program is more suitable for losing weight. Those success stories featured on the website all had former athletes who had gotten a little chubby and with those 8 weeks got back to great shape.

I'm a tall skinny dude so losing weight is the last thing I want, although it might be nearly impossible. My goal would be to get stronger (which this program would definitely help me) and gain weight. For basketball reasons.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:59 AM   #161
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Anyone doing StrongLifts?
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #162
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

^ StrongLifts by Medhi? I haven't tried it, but a simple diet of sets of 5 reps with continually progressing strength is a no-fail solution I think. Reading Pavel's work has convinced me that there is rarely any need to go over 5 reps in your main, heavy lifts.

Just hit 170 lbs for 2 reps in the Front Squat @ a bodyweight of 165 lbs. It doesn't sound like THAT much but I think you'll find it much harder to FS the same weight you usually do on the Back Squat. Feels good.

rezz: DAMN. Lucky arm genetics indeed. You dudes with the long muscle bellies/muscles are pretty damn lucky. My bicep stops an inch before my elbow. Good stuff, dude.

shlver: You're like that and you eat like shit? HOLY SHIT! Take advantage of that and eat right dude. I bet your results will be off the charts!
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #163
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
^ StrongLifts by Medhi? I haven't tried it, but a simple diet of sets of 5 reps with continually progressing strength is a no-fail solution I think. Reading Pavel's work has convinced me that there is rarely any need to go over 5 reps in your main, heavy lifts.

Just hit 170 lbs for 2 reps in the Front Squat @ a bodyweight of 165 lbs. It doesn't sound like THAT much but I think you'll find it much harder to FS the same weight you usually do on the Back Squat. Feels good.
Yeah. I finished my second workout today. He recommended to start 45lbs for squats and bench, but I increased to 55lbs. Too light, IMO. My target for the first month is 110lbs for both. Decreased deadlifts to 80lbs cuz I have a hernia. Plans for the second and third month is put on hold cuz I might not make my target.

You're doing isolations?

Last edited by D-Wade316 : 06-27-2012 at 08:35 AM.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #164
Ketchup
boogie like

Ketchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation here

I'm eating cake. I figure I can afford it seeing as I've already cut 17lbs this month and am down to the lowest bodyfat % I've ever been in my life I'd say. Or at least close.
Not to mention I'm sick, and I always tend to drop weight when that happens, and I don't want to go lower than 205lbs at 6'3. Would look too skinny. Add in the fact it's raining outside, and I broke up with my girlfriend this week, I need some cheering up from this depression. I deserve cake, considering I even did a light workout today while being sick.
Ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #165
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
i would say working out is 33%, diet is 33%, recovery time is 33% (not factoring in genetics)
Quote:
Yes, it is.

It has almost everything to do with genes and fast metabolism. Of course, working out doesn't hurt but it's not what makes the difference in your case I would say.
Quote:
shlver: You're like that and you eat like shit? HOLY SHIT! Take advantage of that and eat right dude. I bet your results will be off the charts!
I guess I do have pretty good genes then. Don't think I will have the dedication though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: