Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-30-2012, 12:30 AM   #166
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade316
Yeah. I finished my second workout today. He recommended to start 45lbs for squats and bench, but I increased to 55lbs. Too light, IMO. My target for the first month is 110lbs for both. Decreased deadlifts to 80lbs cuz I have a hernia. Plans for the second and third month is put on hold cuz I might not make my target.

You're doing isolations?

Nah, when I say main lifts, I mean the lifts I use mainly in the name of strength. I mean, I also want to build muscle while doing so, but it's more of 80% for strength gains and 20% hypertrophy gains. Stupid and unorthodox reasoning, but yeah. In my other movements though, I still try to go as heavy as possible, but even if I go heavy there, the way I carry it out is mainly for hypertrophy. For example, this past program I did, my main lift was the Hang Power Clean, where I used the usual set method and worked up to a challenging but not balls to the wall 1RM of 155 lbs. My other movements consisted of Push Presses, Weighted Chin-Ups on TRX, and Weighted Push-Ups, but on each of these movements, I spent 5-7 minutes per move doing a ladder of 1-2-3 to ensure quality of reps. While I also moved up weight here, my goal for these 3 lifts were mainly for building armor.

Well, I've finished another 5-week shindig and it's time for a complete week of rest. My mind and body's already excited for the next mountain to conquer. Since rezz posted progress pics, thought I might too. Probably not as impressive as he is, but I'm pretty damn proud of how far I've come compared to the skinny-fat dude I was before. Crappy quality pics though.

And yes, my face actually did look like that.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:40 AM   #167
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Just registered for my first 5K
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #168
Ketchup
boogie like

Ketchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation here

Taking a week off after 12 weeks straight of gyming. What I usually do to give my muscles some time to relax and grow.

Am moving house soon, and it is 20 mins further away from my current place, making it a 30 minute drive to the gym... Not sure whether to renew my membership or find a new gym...
I'm not sure if I'm the only one but once you've been going to the same gym a while you become kind of attached to it. haha... It's great for me as well since I'm a student and it shuts late, and when I usually go, there is only about 7-8 other people at a 3 story gym. It's great since I don't have to wait for anyone to use machines/benches/racks and I can even superset, or circuit with stuff this way.

Think I'm going to start eating like a horse again and get on circuit training after my week off. Want to really build up strength and some fitness for that matter. Seems like the best way of burning that energy and still making gains.
Ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #169
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

So I had a softball game yesterday, wound up pulling my hamstring. Going to take things day to day, but it doesn't seems as if I'm going to be able to run my 5K on the 4th
Old 07-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #170
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

3 months in. Gained 10 pounds (obviously not all muscle) so far.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:36 AM   #171
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchup
Taking a week off after 12 weeks straight of gyming. What I usually do to give my muscles some time to relax and grow.

Am moving house soon, and it is 20 mins further away from my current place, making it a 30 minute drive to the gym... Not sure whether to renew my membership or find a new gym...
I'm not sure if I'm the only one but once you've been going to the same gym a while you become kind of attached to it. haha... It's great for me as well since I'm a student and it shuts late, and when I usually go, there is only about 7-8 other people at a 3 story gym. It's great since I don't have to wait for anyone to use machines/benches/racks and I can even superset, or circuit with stuff this way.

Think I'm going to start eating like a horse again and get on circuit training after my week off. Want to really build up strength and some fitness for that matter. Seems like the best way of burning that energy and still making gains.

Yea man gotta give those muscle a chance to recover. I'm probably going to take about a month off after this week... but I might wait til the end of the summer. My plan was to do this:

Jan/Feb/march - Stretching, muscle stabilizing (lot of band work) and muscle rehab

April/May/June - Weights, core work, Cardio (getting ready to look good in the summer)

July/Aug/September - Yoga and and Cardio (stay fit but work on flexibility while it's warm

Oct/Nov/Dec - Light cardio such as walking and letting the body recover.

Switching it up is the best thing you can do for your body. Giving muscles that have been worked constantly a rest and training new ones leads to better fitness and body health. Constantly breaking it down will only to stress on the body over the long haul. I found that out the hard way with all kinds of joint problems now.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:05 AM   #172
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

My stats so far:

Squat - 145lbs
Deadlift - 170lbs(193lbs max)
Bench Press - 100lbs(153 max)
Barbell Row - 90lbs
Overhead Press - 90lbs(113lbs max)

at 132lbs

Last edited by D-Wade316 : 08-08-2012 at 05:09 AM.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:08 AM   #173
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I guess I gotta start working out again, then quitting 2 weeks later.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:32 AM   #174
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I guess I gotta start working out again, then quitting 2 weeks later.

Know what might help with that? The Alpo Diet.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #175
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Bump. Just a friendly reminder to those who may have diverted from their journey right now.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #176
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Took my first 2 weeks off because of tendonitis, finally back in the gym. Since school ended (April), I've went from 188 to 206. I was at 212 at one point but it was a really dirty bulk so I decided to slim down.

AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #177
sunsfan1357
Word.

Worked 11PM to 7 AM, then ran a 5K at 9 AM
Old 09-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #178
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm still steady at 185. I lose or gain 1-2 pounds here and there. I've been doing BodyRock.tv and so far I'm liking it and the results.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #179
ManlyStanley69
Fitness Made Simple

ManlyStanley69 is considered somewhat coolManlyStanley69 is considered somewhat cool

Hey boys. step your manliness up. stop being fat. stop being lazy. start being manly.
ManlyStanley69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #180
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't know if this is the case with anyone else, but I have some insane knots in my traps. I was told it could be because of bad posture but I had that checked out and it was fine. Is there any stretches that anyone has found particularly helpful for their traps?

I had a PT mate loosen them up a bit since I strained my neck a little, but he said that the knots feel bigger than golf balls and he couldn't get them all out during the 15 or so minutes he spent getting some out.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: