Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #196
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergs14
Sure man, I'm all ears at the moment. It's been an on-going issue for me for 3-4 months now, and just ain't getting better. I've read doing squats to strengthen the quads etc and calf raises to strengthen the calves and lunges etc but just can't seem to find anything to help. I read the tendonitis is usually caused due to a muscle in-balance, and to fix it, you have to find out where the inbalance is or whatever. I've tried numerous things, mostly ice & rest, but I start getting a bit active again, like a slow jog or whatever, and immediately after I stop, I can feel it flaring up again.

Start doing front squats. And trust me when I say this, start light. I'm talking ridiculously light. I started squatting a quarter of the weight on front squats that I usually would on back squats. It'll target all your weak spots and help immensely with your posture. By the 4th week you'll start noticing a few changes in your strength distribution when playing sports.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #197
bergs14
J-Weezy

bergs14 has decent reputationbergs14 has decent reputation

Thanks for both replies. I'll def. look in to both. Never considered either ankle weights or front squats, so ill look in to both and try incorporate them in to some routine. I try to ice a couple times a day, and stretch before a game or workout. Usually stretch the calves/hamstrings and that's it. Prob be a good idea to google some stretches and start doing them every day I guess.
bergs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #198
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Moving along nicely.

Knocked down 12 chins with +45, and 5 dips with +115. Sprints are progressing as well. It takes a lot to get fatigued.
Did 42 reps of 135 @ 161 lbs earlier with no food. Not full range of motion though lol. Probably half that then.

Road race coming up November.

Right now I remind myself of:

Vernon Davis
Nate Robinson
Ashton Eaton
David Goggins
Michael Jai White
George St. Pierre

and the greatness they were capable of.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:05 AM   #199
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergs14
Thanks for both replies. I'll def. look in to both. Never considered either ankle weights or front squats, so ill look in to both and try incorporate them in to some routine. I try to ice a couple times a day, and stretch before a game or workout. Usually stretch the calves/hamstrings and that's it. Prob be a good idea to google some stretches and start doing them every day I guess.

WORK THAT ASS. Literally.

Most people have knee problems that are partly due to their inability to fire thei glutes. I suggest doing some glute bridges, bowler squats (basically a one-legged deadlift), and planks with maximum bodily tension (i front properly, you'll feel it even in your quads and glutes). The previous suggestions should also do you good.

Quote:
Start doing front squats. And trust me when I say this, start light. I'm talking ridiculously light. I started squatting a quarter of the weight on front squats that I usually would on back squats. It'll target all your weak spots and help immensely with your posture. By the 4th week you'll start noticing a few changes in your strength distribution when playing sports.

Good to see Front Squats getting some recognition. This is my favorite squat (mainly coz it's the only squat I can do hahaha) and it teaches you a lot of good habits needed for pretty much all lifts.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:06 AM   #200
stevieming
Serious playground baller

stevieming has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
high protein foods, lots of them

Besides the usual meats a food that can really help is Tuna Fish. They are extremely high in protein and aren't unhealthy, mix it up with mayo and it tastes pretty good imo. You can also buy peanut butter with high protein, cottage cheese(tastes like shit), eggs(good source), turkey, etc..

Also be sure to get on some whey protein, drink one shake a day with milk and that should be around 28-40grams of protein alone.

Tuna is good, but I am not sure about adding mayo, kinda adds alll the fats you don't need into it...
stevieming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #201
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
high protein foods, lots of them

Besides the usual meats a food that can really help is Tuna Fish. They are extremely high in protein and aren't unhealthy, mix it up with mayo and it tastes pretty good imo. You can also buy peanut butter with high protein, cottage cheese(tastes like shit), eggs(good source), turkey, etc..

Do not exaggerate with tuna. Sure it's high in protein but it also contains a lot of heavy metals. All bigger fish usually contain more heavy metals than smaller fish. So I would pick sardines or similar fish over tuna anyday(I still eat tuna but in smaller quantities)
LBJ 23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #202
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Hardcore ab work 4 days this past week

8 sets of 10 reps in the captain's chair
4 sets of 20 reps on the ab crunch machine (40 LBS)
4 sets of 20 reps on the ab pulley (40lbs)
4 sets of 15 reps of ab crunches, on a 20% incline with a 25lb barbell
4 sets of 20 reps of bicycle maneuver ab crunches
25 reps using the ab roller

Run a quick mile prior to workout
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #203
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Been training for 3 years straight now (body building) seeing some good gains.

When I need motivation I always look to Arnold Schwarzenegger (old school body building Arnie)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxrP44C5t4c
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #204
CarlosBoozer
"Boozer"

CarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I want Ben Hederson's built, perfect for a 5'7 guy like me
CarlosBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #205
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Just finished up my first 10K. I had just gotten off of work at 7 AM, the race was at 9 AM and I hadn't had anything to eat in about 14 hours but I still felt pretty good up until the finish when I sprinted at the end and felt like I was going to throw up for a second
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #206
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Been training for 3 years straight now (body building) seeing some good gains.

When I need motivation I always look to Arnold Schwarzenegger (old school body building Arnie)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxrP44C5t4c

Some genius posted Arnold's Pumping Iron in its entirety on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJCqw...eature=related

Ran a Tough Mudder in August, finished in the top 5% and qualified for 'world's toughest mudder'. Not gonna do it, though, don't have the time.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #207
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow, look at this girl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uO_jfEk-adw#
LBJ 23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #208
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

i started going to gym one week ago, and they told me 3 times a week is preferable -monday-chest, biceps; wednesday-back, triceps; friday-shoulders/legs... but i dont feel like its enough, i do go almost to the max on every set so thats obviously not the problem
btw im trying to build some musle mass and im told i have great genetics
should i go harder 5-6 times a week or thats not good this early?
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #209
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

i dont wanna de-motivate any of you guys, but i am doing the least amount of exercise ever in my life, and im the happiest ive been in years. i used to buy into that idea that exercising and fitness plays a big role in your happiness, but im not so sure anymore
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #210
Umad101
Banned

Umad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 23
Do not exaggerate with tuna. Sure it's high in protein but it also contains a lot of heavy metals. All bigger fish usually contain more heavy metals than smaller fish. So I would pick sardines or similar fish over tuna anyday(I still eat tuna but in smaller quantities)
I eat 2 can of tuna everyday, healthy as ever
Umad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: