Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #211
Umad101
Banned

Umad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
i started going to gym one week ago, and they told me 3 times a week is preferable -monday-chest, biceps; wednesday-back, triceps; friday-shoulders/legs... but i dont feel like its enough, i do go almost to the max on every set so thats obviously not the problem
btw im trying to build some musle mass and im told i have great genetics
should i go harder 5-6 times a week or thats not good this early?
Check out layne Nortan PHAT routine. That what I'm currently on its really awesome and y'all see nice gains. It's mix of power/hypertrophy. But it ill be a little tough for beginners at first if ur not an advance lifter
Umad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #212
Umad101
Banned

Umad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
i dont wanna de-motivate any of you guys, but i am doing the least amount of exercise ever in my life, and im the happiest ive been in years. i used to buy into that idea that exercising and fitness plays a big role in your happiness, but im not so sure anymore
What r u even saying
Umad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #213
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
i dont wanna de-motivate any of you guys, but i am doing the least amount of exercise ever in my life, and im the happiest ive been in years. i used to buy into that idea that exercising and fitness plays a big role in your happiness, but im not so sure anymore

It's the opposite for me. Not that I'm unhappy when I'm not working out but when I work out and eat clean regularly I feel faster, stronger, less tired, and generally more energetic. Also, I obviously look better and laid more often.

I'm about to start a new chest workout today:
Incline Dumbbell Press...3 x 6-8
Smith Bench Press to Neck...3 x 8-12
Superset: Incline Flye and Dumbbell Pullover...2 x 8-10 each

Narrow Grip Bench Press...3 x 6-8
Narrow Grip Smith Incline Press...3 x 8-12
Superset: Flat Cable Flye and Pec Deck...2 x 8-10 each

Decline Bench Press...3 x 6-8
Decline Flye...3 x 8-12
Superset: Cable Crossover and Dips...2 x 8-10 each

Got it from here:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dimaggio11.htm

I've been working out regularly for about 7-8 months now but only seriously for 2 months or so and I'm down 30 lbs and lifting more than I ever have. Need to cut down my body fat by another 1-2% to have fully visible six packs.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #214
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umad101
I eat 2 can of tuna everyday, healthy as ever

2 can of tuna can be very relative. You know, there are cans from 40-50grams of tuna to up to 150-200g of tuna per can.

Also, I think its pretty clear that the symptoms of consuming to much heavy metals won't be seen after short period of time. Get back to me after 20 years of eating 300+grams of tuna every day.
LBJ 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #215
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

my birthdays tomorrow (day after the Marine Corps formation lol).

Gonna wake up
Run 15-20 sprints on a hill
Do 10 sets of 20 pushups
10 sets of 8 chin ups.
5 sets of split squats
And a few planks, pilate 100, and stomach vacuums.

Time to get shredded, fast, and attain lots of stamina.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #216
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
my birthdays tomorrow (day after the Marine Corps formation lol).

Gonna wake up
Run 15-20 sprints on a hill
Do 10 sets of 20 pushups
10 sets of 8 chin ups.
5 sets of split squats
And a few planks, pilate 100, and stomach vacuums.

Time to get shredded, fast, and attain lots of stamina.
you will needed for the night huh?
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #217
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:

I think it's the fact that you've found your balance. For some people, they may have gain incredible joy from moving heavy stuff (or whatever it is they decide to do), but it takes time away from them doing other stuff. I read one of those small reports online trainiers usually give out when you subscribe t them and it stressed the importance of making time for others, because what's the use of being jacked or ripped if you have no one to enjoy it with. I'm honestly a bit guilty of this coz I get irritable sometimes when I miss my strict MWF sessions, but I'm learning to detach.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:58 PM   #218
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 23

I both hate and love getting these wake-up calls of seeing that you're just a tad stronger than a 17-year old female Crossfitter after a year of serious training. She has muscle-ups and HSPUs on me though. Haven't tried learning how to do those moves. Can anyone tell me though what exactly makes Crossfitters think they're superior to everyone else in the gym? Mixing different styles of training really is the way to go anyway if you're trying to build up all-around fitness and testicular fortitude.

P.S. - Is her ass just that damn big from all the Squats, swings, and O lifts she does or she really can't keep her body rigid on push-ups.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:53 AM   #219
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
I both hate and love getting these wake-up calls of seeing that you're just a tad stronger than a 17-year old female Crossfitter after a year of serious training. She has muscle-ups and HSPUs on me though. Haven't tried learning how to do those moves. Can anyone tell me though what exactly makes Crossfitters think they're superior to everyone else in the gym? Mixing different styles of training really is the way to go anyway if you're trying to build up all-around fitness and testicular fortitude.

P.S. - Is her ass just that damn big from all the Squats, swings, and O lifts she does or she really can't keep her body rigid on push-ups.

I'd still house her in the paint.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:41 AM   #220
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I need to get motivated again. My lowest weight was 181. The last few months I've went up and down between that and 196. I got back on the horse for a week, eat decent, exercised, got down to 188, then got lazy again.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:07 AM   #221
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
I'd still house her in the paint.

-Smak

Dude, I'd PAINT her.

-NotYetGreat

Your sig is awesome
Old 11-13-2012, 02:24 AM   #222
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hadn't deadlifted in a while due to some patella problems in my knee, but have sorted that out, and after about 4 months of not doing it, i managed to pyramid set to 495lbs of 1 rep, which is more than what I was doing before.

Quite happy. Must be due to doing back twice a week and getting more pull ups in than I used to once my knee injured and I couldn't do heavy squats either.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:33 AM   #223
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Hadn't deadlifted in a while due to some patella problems in my knee, but have sorted that out, and after about 4 months of not doing it, i managed to pyramid set to 495lbs of 1 rep, which is more than what I was doing before.

Quite happy. Must be due to doing back twice a week and getting more pull ups in than I used to once my knee injured and I couldn't do heavy squats either.

I'll be honest. My best set of 5 is just half of that (at least for the time being). How long have you been lifting? 495 is awesome for a recreational lifter.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #224
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
I'll be honest. My best set of 5 is just half of that (at least for the time being). How long have you been lifting? 495 is awesome for a recreational lifter.

About 3.5 years. I started deadlifting maybe a year and a half ago. Bit longer maybe.

That 495lbs came at 213lbs bodyweight (one of the lightest weights I've been at for a while) as well. No straps, no belt, just chalk. Never used a belt or straps either, but how much would it add to the lift do you think?

I've been doing deadlifts for the shortest time out of the main lifts (squats, bench, etc) and it has easily become my best lift.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #225
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
About 3.5 years. I started deadlifting maybe a year and a half ago. Bit longer maybe.

That 495lbs came at 213lbs bodyweight (one of the lightest weights I've been at for a while) as well. No straps, no belt, just chalk. Never used a belt or straps either, but how much would it add to the lift do you think?

I've been doing deadlifts for the shortest time out of the main lifts (squats, bench, etc) and it has easily become my best lift.

Just a year and a half? Damn, man, what weight did you start with? I feel extra amped to get more plates now. To think I was already happy with emptying my 245 lbs worth here.

Each of them alone would add at least tens of pounds on your lift. It's been said that all the gear pro powerlifters (above-mentioned plus wraps, pads, their singlet, etc) use can actually add a couple hundred pounds to their best lifts. Even without the gear though, those weights are amazing! I'm honestly still in awe of your raw 495.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: